“Don't bother ”

Black Rose Shop Spa & Massage
Ranked #14 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Sapa
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

3 of us had a body oil massage. Originally we were in the shop next door but they took us through to black rose so I don't know who is to blame! I thought I'd had the worst experience (a lot of random wacking) but turned out mine was fine compared to the others. They were poked and proded by people who definitely didn't have a clue and tried to chat and show pictures of their family the whole time. On top of all this the room was horrible and damp, lots of noise from outside and only one of us had a heat lamp. Maybe stick to the shop next door (our original choice) and the massages you get downstairs in the seats - they seem popular.

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Best foot massage yet and I've had a few. Started with head massage then back and shoulder... certainly helped with kayakers sore back. Good strong massage and have read in previous reviews about noise but it's just your usual street traffic which is unavoidable anywhere you go. Would definatly come back and recommend.

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Stay away from this place, if you cannot afford a better spa like Sapa Legend Hotel and Spa (double the price, but really professional) you would be better off spending your money on something else, as the experience provided by the Black Rose will only leave you frustrated and wanting to take a shower to clean up. To start with there is a number of idle young people downstairs, busy on their phones. The cold and dirty massage rooms are upstairs. The treatment consists of a series of alternating random kneading and pounding actions. The room is cold, so you are covered with a dirty thick blanket and have a heater blowing hot air on one side while the other side of you is freezing. At one stage the masseuse tried to climb on the narrow bed, but fell off, after that she gave up on this idea. You are regularly splashed with some cold oil, I was relieved when it was over and very happy they did not inflict any injuries by the random kneading.

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Massage was actually pretty good for me and my partner. Although the place is loud and definitely not relaxing. All masseuse were blokes and they just kept on chatting and joking with each other.
I thought that massage oil wasn't great either... like as if wasn't slippery enough. Alright value for money but i probably won't be coming back