“Great location with a very friendly staff”
Review of Sapa Auberge Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sapa Auberge Hotel
Ranked #52 of 68 Hotels in Sapa
“Great location with a very friendly staff”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for three days - the staff is top notch and for us, the food they served (breakfast, lunch, dinner) was very well prepared, fresh and tasty. The rooms do get cold due to the climate in Sapa and the fireplace in the room will let some smoke in - so be prepared and bring your warm clothes. But all in all - I would definitely recommend staying here for a budget traveler - everything what you need is covered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

In the heart of Sapa. You can book tours if you want and they will be happy to help you arrange your trip.Also descent food in the restaurant. The pick up from the nighttrain was also ok, i forgot how much they charged for it. Overall a nice hotel to stay, my room even had a bathtub and was actually a 3 person room. I paid 21 dollars for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Hotel for four or five nights, our whole stay in Sapa. The price was really great for the room. The room was very cozy and very clean with nice hot water! The manager was so helpful and really kind. We enjoyed our stay here very much and I would highly recommend it :)

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a view! Its incredible to watch the fog on the mountains :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Howden
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very cheap and has a certain style.
Clean bedding and towels.
Great balcony overlooking the town
Electrics - 1 table lamp not working, 1 table lamp missing with wires sticking out of the wall, main fluorescent light flickered on at night even though it was switched off, hair dryer wire connected with electrical tape.
Bathroom - old and tatty, shower curtain missing.
Room - dusty and in need of some TLC.
Breakfast - simple but cheap.
Manager - brusque
Trips - good range of treks can be booked from here.

If we retuned to Sapa we would probably try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a private balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Graham T

Travelers are raving about these Sapa hotels

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked a tour to Sapa through our guesthouse, we were staying at this hotel as it was included in the package ,rooms were large clean bathroom unfortunately our room was really musty smelling as no extractor fan in bathroom so steam and other smell have no where to go.
Meals were good although a bit repetetive.When it came to the tour very unorganized in the morning took a few hours for us to finally walk out the door,but once we were under way was great, the local H'mong girls they use as tour guides are fabulous speak really great english and the one we had,cannot remember her name sorry, was hysterical and really up for answering our questions,such a chatterbox. overall tour was great hotel was okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hossackhall
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our stay at the Hostel was booked in Hanoi, by the Hostel where we were. They arranged everythin (bus ticket and stay at Sapa). When we arrive at Sapa was waiting for us the person who took us up to the Aubergue. The first impression was a nice hostel with friendly staff. The rooms were clean and large enough. The meals were all included and everything was tasty. Definitely a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. My six meals were with them (included in my sapa tour), n they served the same food for every meal. Terrible!!!
Not yet, they don't provide mineral water in your room. And when you asked for it, they gave you without saying any words. So I thought it's free. Till the last day, they told me to pay for it in a very rude way. I told the manager, his name is Manh, "I can pay for it, but i think you should have informed me that it's chargeable". Guess what, first time I saw a manager argued with his customer, he raised his voice n tole me, " when you stay in my hotel, you should read the hotel's policy what you are supposed to get for free, and what are not". He then pointed his finger on me, till i asked him to stop arguing, as I told him I agreed to pay n told him i was polite to him. Why he behaved in such a rude way to me, as his customer. He then kept quiet and let me go.

2 nights i was there, room was not changed. Services seems nv appeared. I have paid for everything that's y I could not change to other hotels.

Please do not stay here! Trust me!! Food, service, accommodation all terrible.
Sapa is a nice place to visit, especially those who like adventure. The local, black h'mong can speak english well.

Recommend way to visit sapa, take a flight to hanoi, then take a cab ( only take NoiBai taxi)straight to Thanh Ha st for another 30 mins ($15 usd ). When u arrive there, you can take a walk around, explore the old traditional way of doing business, or culture. You then can find a lot of place provide tour information at no cost. Just walk in n ask them for sapa tour, many options to go for. Ask them for discount if you are traveling in groups. (Average $150/3 days 4 nights including 2 nights on train, 2 night in hotel, tour tickets, meals)
Or, just walk in n buy a train ticket (choose 4 beds, soft/coach), it costs around 30$ usd/way. Then reach Lao Cai station, take a bus to sapa (40 mins away). Once you reach sapa market (the center of sapa) you will find lots of hotels n tour information are there. Ok, here you go!! Believe if you doing home stay over-there will only cost you around $20-30 usd per night. But worth it, you will not believe what you have seen.
Note: prepare sleeping bags, jackets, umbrellas, mosquito or insect spray. Wearing sport shoes or slippers, cos you will need to clim up n down the mountains. Backpack is the best way to go.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo