“Miscommunication”

Panorama Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 140 Restaurants in Sapa
Cuisines: Southwestern, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Thank you for your time to read information of Sapa Panorama Restaurant. Our restaurant locates on top of hotel with great view of mountain and rice valley. Moreover, We aslo offer the most delighted Vietnamese and local dishes. To make it more impressive for tourist in Sapa, we aslo have daily cooking class. And if your time does not permit, we still witness how we cook your food in opening kitchen.
Malmo, Sweden
“Miscommunication”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I guess it takes two to mis-communicate, but tonight simply went wrong.
When being served pasta cooked for at least 20 minutes, we sent it back.
After waiting another 15 minutes, we found out the manager thought we cancelled the order.
Even though we said it was too late to start over, they tried too hard to "repair" the mistake, making us feel very uncomfortable.
The other three dishes were OK.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank f94os
Viet l, Owner at Panorama Restaurant, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Malmo,
First of all, I would like to express my sincere thanks for taking your time to write a review even though it seems to be not rights.
I can say that you are a dishonest and unfriendly person when you came to my restaurant, I greeted you by saying " Good evening" you did not say any thing I though that you had not hear what I said and repeated my greeting again, you still kept silent and went up to restaurant. There, my partner came to order, you asked him to have Penne, grilled beef with mushroom, tomato salad and sweet and sour beef however when they were brought to you, you said that Penne was soft and then our partner asked you to have another one. Exactly he asked " do you need another one" and you replied " do not need, we can not wait" while he would like to offer the first penne free and brough to you another one free, too. Next, I came to ask you " how is about your dinner' you said " good but we are waiting for Pasta" I reminded my chef and he made immediately for you but 10 minutes later when we started to bring to you and you say " do need, bill, bill, bill' after we gave you fruit salad free. And we felt uncomfortable when you left our restaurant, our staff gave you gift like we often to with our customers when they come to our place, you did not receive and your behavior was not polite.
We do not blame you for your English skill but we can be honor to say that our English is excellent enough to be the tour guide not only in Sapa but also in Vietnam for more than 8 years before running our business. Do you feel good after this story to be posted, do you travel to support the local or violate their livehoods.
However, it will be not fair if we say that we are the best restaurant in Sapa. Our clients review will be the fair reference. 04 excellent reviews and 01 average one can say at all.
Hope to see you again at our restaurant when there are more English experts sitting around
Cheers

• Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Deliciousness!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate at the Panorama as part of our stay at the Sapa Unique Hotel and not one of our meals disappointed. The highlight was Salmon Hotpot we had for dinner one night. Magnificently tasty broth base with mountains of fresh vegetables purchased that day from Sapa market just down the road. The salmon was just devine!
We also had a cooking lesson on our last day with Panorama's very talented young and up and coming Chef. Great tasting, fresh food cooked with great skill and finesse.
Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Hong Kong, China
“fleeeeeexibility”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What would you like? Cook with them? Get a free cooking class? Eat very early or very late? Have some food prepared for you to take on a hike? Their youthful spirit and eagerness to please you make your stay with them (hotel and restaurant) very pleasant!

• Visited March 2013
“Interesting restaurant concept”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Just had dinner at this new restaurant with family. Food was excellent and we were interested in the fact that they run cooking classes there on demand and take patrons to the nearby market to purchase the ingredients for the class then return to cook in the restaurant kitchen. Very enterprising young owners who are keen to develop a family orientated restaurant and hotel. Congratulations on their effort. We are returning tomorrow to do a cooking class!

Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious food, great prices and fantastic service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This little restaurant which works as part of the Sapa Unique Hotel is open to all guests of Sapa. A friend and I ate here several times during our visit and never once had any complaints. The menu is large with plenty of options without compromising the quality of the food or service. I was shown how to cook a beef pho which I shall attempt to do at home but doubt my skills will stretch that far! They have cooking classes open to everyone for a small charge and the sessions are informative, fun and you get to eat to fill your belly with delicious food after you have cooked it. One outstanding feature of the Panorama Restaurant is the open kitchen. You can watch the chef’s prepare all the food which is something of a trend in Australia but I have not come across before in Vietnam. The Panorama Restaurant is a great experience whether you have time to go in and take a cooking class or want to drop in for a quick bite. They do delicious snacks from 2 till 5 to fuel you after a morning trek! This is a great little place to relax, have a glass of red and gaze out over Sapa’s beautiful mountain landscape.

• Visited February 2013