“Wonderful two days trekking...ask for quang!”

Sapa Pathfinder Travel Day Tours
Ranked #20 of 72 Tours in Sapa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sapa Pathfinder travel is a local tour operator in Sapa Vietnam, Since founded in 2006, Sapa Pathfinder have been become one of the leader tour operator in Sapa with a large choice of the activities at the most compatitive price.Sapa Pathfinder travel specialize in trekking, biking and Fansipan climing in the north of Vietnam and Halong Bay Cruise.It owns Fansipan View, Hoang Ha Sapa Hotel and Sapa Cuisine Restaurant.The representative office in Hanoi is at 24A Hang Bac, Old Quarter, Hanoi.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

travelled with 4 adults kids, my wife and a 4 year old... Did one day treking close to Sapa then a longer trek through the valley. It was very cold but dont worry about overpacking as there is plenty of affordable gear in town. Unfortunately we had fog so didnt get great views of Fanzipan but the terraced landscapes below were just WOW. Our guide Q. Nguyen was simply surperb... patience and knowledgable with a great sense of humor to boot. I hope to come back when its warmer and do the trek to the top of 'FancyPants" mountain :-)

1  Thank bikeraceguy
There are newer reviews for Sapa Pathfinder Travel Day Tours

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Tour was arranged by our Hanoi tour agent for a visit to Bac Ha market. The bus was so packed that we had to sit on the aisle with no harness to protect our safety. Seems that this tour is to bring you to the market and let you autoroam. On arrival, no further talk on the Bac Ha market. You just walk around aimlessly. The trip is very boring. At our last point at the China border, the guide wanted to add in 4 more passengers to our already packed bus by asking the children to squeeze with their parents. What a ridiculous things to do! No wonder there are so many accidentsI saw in Vietnam. Most of the adults were angry. I asked from the guide his name and the company name but he refused to give me. When I reached Sapa, he refused to take me to my hotel and dropped me (an old folk) by the roadside more than 100m from my hotel with my luggage. I only manage to get th e name if this company when its staff met me to bring me for dinner.

2  Thank new88
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I would say it was one of most amazing trip I ever had... Lucky enough to experience the snows with the locals, hotel itself is clean and new, staffs are friendly, great tour guide who not only bring us to meet the minority in the village, but also had an excellent trekking experience went through few village, sightseeing some awesome landscapes! Overall, everything went on well organised. Great value trip! Definitely going back again soon! :-)

1  Thank Kang M
Reviewed December 19, 2013

great experience with the agent. nice place to stay with good facilities. service are good. our trip to Mt Fansipan also was very great. tour guide can speak english fluently, make it easy to communicate with us, from Malaysia. overall, it was great and fun to get the service from Sapa Pathfinder.

1  Thank arimalurun
Hung Viet P, Manager at Sapa Pathfinder Travel Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Arimalurun and The Seven Outdoor Team

Thank you so much for your taking our service, we are happy to know you have had your best trip to Vietnam with us, we all here love to see all of you or your family soon

Best Wishes

Hung Pham Viet

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We did the one day hike to Mt. Fansipan. I wasn't a experienced runner or hiker, and one day hike was challenging. We left at 8am and came back around 7 or 8pm, as we left late in the morning. The guide was around his late 20 age and experienced. He was going fast and had to ask him to wait for us. We didn't like the fact that he was a fast hiker, but I realized we would have come back later if we didn't try to catch up with him. The weather was fine and no rain nor was sunny. Unfortunately we couldn't see anything from the top of the mountain. I strongly recommend you have snacks like granola bars or make sure you eat at the second camp site. It will take about 2hours to the top from the second camp and then back total 3-4 hours and the trail is really intensive with up and down hills. Also, a head light may be needed as it starts to get dark after 5pm. After we got back to the hotel
office where we left our luggage at was closed and took us time to contact the pathfinder agent and it was a frustrating because you are exhausted and ready to pick up your stuff and go to your own lodging, but you got stuck. Make sure to talk to the agent or get his cell phone number so that when you return from the hike your stuff is ready to be picked up. We waited for about 30min or so and were lucky to get a free ride to our lodging in the end. There were no taxi from pathfinder's office at 8pm when we returned to the town.

Although I have only hiked 900m high mountain in the past within 3-4 hours, I made this intensive one day hike and felt really great when we made it. Very tough and challenging but it was worth it. If you are a woman, recommend your backpack is light and small. If you like to exercise or run or walk I recommend you try the one day hike with pathfinder company. Good luck!!!!