“Friendly efficient staff, small restaurant”

The Lizard Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Sapa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lizard Restaurant has been run for over 10 years, one of the most favorite places in Sapa - Vietnam, good spot in the centre of town by the square. The restaurant is famous for local food with a large range on their menu. The restaurant offers also the best pizza, spaghetti, pasta and awesome choices for wine, egg coffee, Bia Hoi, Bun Cha. You will never know if you've never tried. Come and Taste!
Reviewed March 13, 2019

On the ground floor of the Saoa Centre Hotel. Local food mixed with the much less interesting ' western option' ( honestly, if you're going to travel all the way here for pizza, what are you doing?) which is freshly prepared and serviced with a smile but do try your basic pleas and thank you in Vietnamese , it makes a difference ! Very central location and at the head of a street which has a vast array of bars , shape and massage places.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

The coffee was actually quite good! Had a cappuccino and it tasted like I want it to taste. Cake was nothing special. So definitely stop by for a coffee, but expect not too much from the cake (which I enjoyed anyway, it was the tiramisu one).

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Came here for some cake and coffee. Had the tiramisu and cup of latte. They gave me a cake with a tea spoon and the latte was served in cup with a vietnamese bank logo (see photo). Cake was ok, but nothing to rave about. Hopefully the standards will improve .

Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

Very keen to get us into the restaurant as we were looking at the menu outside. Once we were inside the staff no longer cared about being pleasant. We went for breakfast, I ordered pastries, the waitress asked how many, I said two, and she gave me a strange look. I realised when she brought them out that they were beyond mini. I would have ordered more however the waitress plonked the plate down as she walked past, didn’t even offer me a knife to spread the jam onto my croissant. Would have been helpful if she’d explained the sizing. Decided to order a crepe along with my friend as the pastries did not warrant a meal. Had to go up to the counter to get service. Both crepes came out cold and a little undercooked. Absolutely would not recommend a visit, the food is beyond average and the staff are bordering on rude.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

We ordered pizza, pasta and 3 slices of cakes. The chocolate cake must be 2-3 old because it is hard. We are expecting they will offer us new slice of newer cake but no! They just offered to re-heat the cake!
Pizza is good though