“Sapa”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Papillon Hotel

Papillon Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sapa
Papillon Hotel
Ranked #90 of 121 Sapa B&B and Inns
Bermagui, Australia
“Sapa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Booked with Sapa package tour.
The room was dirty, damp and smelly. The bathroom was filthy with little hot water and no water pressure, towels and linen not clean.
Drank the water that was supplied in the room and then was charge 3 times the street rate for it - no drinking water supplied at all.
Ordered drinks at dinner to be told that there were none available only soft drink. Food was very average.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Heidelberg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Although the location is very nice, this is a very bad hotel. Full of cockroaches, humide rooms, bad service and ignorant personal.
Dirty bathroom, dirty carpet, terrible. Unfortunately I have already paid the reservation.
Please avoid to stay there !!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Sapa hotels

Hoi An, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

It's usually all about expectations, but this hotel was not my best experience in Vietnam so far.
The staff was very friendly, cooking was OK to good, the rooms were well equipped.

However, when I let myself fall on the bed after a day's trekking there were suddenly two small cockroaches running on the white sheets. I jumped up immediately.
It took me another night to realize that they're coming from the bathroom: When opening the bathroom door in the morning, they (about 10 bugs) were running like crazy on the bathroom door and floor, before they disappeared in the joints and let me have my shower by myself.

On the second night we also saw some rat running around in the kitchen, not on the kitchen floor, but on the shelves.

The Internet was a further annoyance: It didn't work on my floor (2nd). I could connect to it but didn't get an IP-address, so could not access the internet. Reception just acknowledged this.
I also told them about the cockroaches, and they smiled (sign of unpleasance).

Another bad topic: My room was towards the street you enter the hotel from and I heard every sound on the street in my room, and my room was pretty cold.

The hotel seems OK, the staff is really nice, but they have some serious issues that need fixing.

BTW: I didn't choose this Hotel. It was part of a booked tour to Sapa from my (excellent) Hotel. (Operator: http://www.apttravel.com.vn/)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed 1 night in this Hotel, it got booked for me when I booked the sapa tour (from Hanoi).

At first sight the hotel looks good, the entrance is nice.
Also the restaurant looks ok.

When you walk upstairs towards your room everything looks old.
The carpets, the walls, the doors, windows, just everything.

The room I was in looked very dirty, even the towels in the bathroom looked used.
Minibar items were outdated.
Also, there was water leaking from the ceiling.
When I told this at the reception they said that wasnt possible.
Till they came over and had a look...

They changed me to another room which was exactly the same as the first one, except this one didnt had a leak.

When I had dinner I had to choose from a menu, when I made my choice they told me that they didnt had that menu..
Finally when I found a menu which was available (beefsteak) I got my next surprise...
The food was cold and it was very bad.
Never had such bad food before in my life.

Next day I thought I would get an breakfast buffet, because all attributes for that were on the tables.
But no.. I had to choose from a menu again, where about 1/2 of the menu wasnt available again.

The staff wasnt that busy, I only saw them playing poker or other games on the computers in the Hotel.
Not very proffesional.

I also didnt saw someone cleaning the rooms.
No wonder the whole hotel was dirty.

The best part of staying at this hotel, was walking outside and never come back

• Stayed July 2011
Montreal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We booked a triple room to the Papillon hotel from our tour operator while we were still in Hanoi, and we finally had a bad surprise arriving in Sapa. We even expected to have a good experience there, because on their website, it is specified that the Papillon is the only luxury hotel in Sapa.

First we were deceived by the location of the hotel. Even if Sapa is pretty small, we considered that this hotel was a little bit far from daily activities (Fansipan road, market, restaurants, etc.). From the exterior to the lobby of the hotel, everything seemed good looking and clean, so I wondered why the carpet on the hallway was dirty... I had the response when I entered in our room: our room was really crappy. First, there was a heavy smell of moisture in the room. The room didn't have renovated for a long time, so everything was a little bit old and broken. Since the floor was not plane, the uncomfortable beds in the room were even inclined to the wall. The carpet and the walls were also dirty - even the bathroom was not clean.

So we asked them to have their best room. They told us that they didn't have any better room, but they could show us a better room. The other room was not better. They finally excused them saying that there was no maid in the hotel for a long time...

When we told them that we wouldn't stay there, they called our tour operator who arrived when we were preparing to leave. He finally understood our concerns when he saw our room. We finally went to another hotel...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family