$88
$64
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$39
$37
$90
$77
$73
$32
$20
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $23/night.

Green Valley Hotel(Sapa)(Great Value!)
$21
$12
$15
$12
Hostelworld.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel room was basic but fine with hot water, fairly reliable wifi and cable tv. But the stand out was the view, absolutely amazing view of the mountain range and an easy walk to Cat Cat village (40,000 dong entry). Try to stay on the top level for the best views and also no noise from reception.

I think we were charged a slightly high rate for what we got, and make sure you agree on the price with Ben the manager. Other people feel they were charged too much.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Hotel Mimosa or Green Tree (as you wish, this hotel has two names) is located in downtown, near the market, where is possible to find very good and cheap food. BUT that is all. The owner of the "hotel" is playing dirty game, unfortunatly you find out it very quickly that he is not your friend! The prices which you agree with him, pay immediately, NO LATER, later will be the prices higher! IT IS OUR OWN EXPERIANCE. The same experiance had several other people who we met there and spoke about this man. So Mr. Ben, you are only cheater, nothing more. We hope that the internet reviews will break your dirty game.

Room Tip: Look for another place!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

got off a bus in the morning to be greeted by ben (son of the owners) who gave us a good deal $8 a night. is in central locating next to the markets, shops and resturants. had a huge double room, gave us 2 beds even though we just needed 1 but was useful for the extra blanket. had a heated bed as well because sapa was very cold in january. arranged a few treks with them as well, they were good with no problems. also booked the day train from lao cai to hanoi with them which all went smoothly. overall a good cheap no thrills guest house.

travelled as a couple

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We paid 145,000d per night for four nights in a large double room with a good view, large window (although people have a habit of peering in as they walk by), and attached western toilet and hot water shower. I looked at perhaps half a dozen budget hotels before finding this one, and decided on the Green Tree (also called Mimosa Hotel) because the room had the best view and seemed to be the best value for money.
The staff were friendly but inconsistent with regard to room rates – they couldn’t seem to agree between themselves on the rate that we would be charged. I think this was partly because our stay overlapped a holiday weekend when they were expecting to be very busy with Vietnamese guests and to be able to charge higher rates. However, we were also confusingly told that the laundry service would cost 30,000d per kg rather than the 20,000d advertised in our room, and so decided not to use this service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmmaM2006
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I asked my hotel in Hanoi to book me a guesthouse in Sapa, and they booked me into Green Tree Hotel. I was ripped off completely, having to pay $15/night and then $5 each way transfer from the rail station at Lao Cai.
I was allowed into the room as soon as I arrived in Sapa off the early morning train, although the hot water wasn't working that morning.
The room wasn't serviced at all whilst I was there, so my rubbish backed up and used towels continually re-used.
I dropped in some laundry to be washed and was told it would be back that night - it wasn't, 'tomorrow morning' I was told. When I asked the next morning, as I was checking out, it still hadn't been returned and they had to run out to get it.
There are no lifts in the guesthouse, which is expected, but the noise was horrendous during my stay. The walls are paper thin, and the people around all me had that disgusting 'hock and spit' habit occuring every 2 minutes! Dogs were barking, children crying, the staff would yell and play loud music very late at night or early in the morning.
On a position sign, the location was good and the girl at the front desk was pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo