“Good hotel, friendly staffs,great location”
Review of Royal View Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sapa
Royal View Hotel
Ranked #82 of 139 Sapa B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good hotel, friendly staffs,great location”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Our stay in this hotel was arranged by a tour agency in Hanoi (vietlotus). Prior to arriving I was anxious because of bad reviews from others. Fortunately I had a good stay at this hotel.
1. Friendly staff: receptionists and kitchen workers.
2. Good location : few metres away from Sapa market and the road to Catcat village. Quiet at night
3. Stable wifi
4. Breakfast buffet was not bad. Vegetarian meals were good
5. Cheap laundry

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ed22579

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Maleny, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I end up there because of a package organised in Hanoi and please, if you do a package check if is with this hotel.
Here are some points:
- they have no concept of service
- it is very noisy - looks like there is an echo when people talking in the corridor!
- breakfast is poor
- dinning there was a mistake
- for some reason they have kids shouting all around the place, I had my breakfast with an annoying kid playing game/ watching tv
- there is no view at all
- at almost 10:30pm there are plates clinking around - not sure if preparing for breakfast or finishing dinner...
- shower is low even for me (1m63cm)
- there is a bath but no plug
- no adaptor
- no air con
- stairs to get in, no ramps at entrance
... I could put so many more points of why I never would go back to this hotel, but I better just lean with this lesson.
Hope you will learn with mine!
I think this hotel just survive because of package tours!!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank InnerGreen

Travelers are raving about these Sapa hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Unfortunately this hotel was part of a package tour I booked with a tour agency from Hanoi.
The room was big, but the shower was very low, even for a giant of 1,70.
The room was kind of smelly. It seemed it was closed for ages.
I would spend there only one night and it would be okay. But the main problem happened later. Part of the package I bought gave me the "chance" of taking a shower after a morning trip and before night train back to Hanoi.
First they said the room would be okay after 14:00. It was not true. They offered a girl of my group a dirty room and she refused and waited for more time. I went out for a walk and, when came back to take a shower in one of the rooms, they first told me to wait and, 2 minutes later, they gave me the room in very bad conditions, in the photos I am attaching here.
I left this hotel thinking that everything is so complicated for them that I did not like it at all. I would never book this hotel if I knew it would be like that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed in thís hotel as part of a 2 night - 3 day trip to Sapa Mountains with Lead Travel (1st night was in a homestay). The rôom and en suite were clean and comfortable and the service was present. However, compared to every other hotel we have stayed in in Vietnam, the service was indifferent at reception and more so in the restaurant - the food (included in the tour) was 1 set menu, so no choice. I asked for an alternative to squid and was offered fish, which was definitely from a freezer and very bland, along with everything else on the plate.
The 'view' was of a new high rise hotel being built between Royal View Hotel and the mountains and the builders òf thís woke ús up at 0645.
Staying in thís hotel was completely fine and hassle-free, but not what we have come to expect from the normally very high standards òf Vietnamese hospitality. Perhaps thís ís because the majority òf the customers had prepaid as part of an organised tour òf the mountains, therefore eliminating any incentive for the staff to make effort.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for a mountain view room - there ís a building site in the way!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zc123_12
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The second time I stay at this hotel. I easily booked a room by email or just by a call. The service is really good. My husband and I were served as VIP while the price is cheap. Reception and people are friendly. One more, the restaurant is good with a lot of dishes. Good location. It’s near the central hence I can walk around and buy something. A minus that, people here don’t speak English so well

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley M
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The royal view will soon lose it's view with the overdevelopment of Sapa. The staff were lovely and the rooms clean but aging. The bath is in need of a plug. Food in the Restaurante is very mediocre. Many nicer places to eat in Sapa. Great location though.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I came to Hanoi to see my famly and my oldfriend. We decided to go Sapa for weekend vacation. I booked Royal View Hotel through a friend's advice and she did'nt let me down. The first things I love about this place is Customer service. They are really friendly,helpful when show me some interesting bar, restaurants, blah blah... The weather is extremly cold and foggy but I think the room design really made me feel confortable, the bathroom is clean.... In short, next time if I come back Sapa, I still live in this hotel.
A great place.