“Bad quality but good location”
Review of Royal View Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sapa
Royal View Hotel
Ranked #104 of 164 Sapa B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The location of the room is right in the middle of Sapa, can't complaint location wise. The room itself was big with no design. When I stay in a hotel, the most concern for me is the bathroom and what a disappointment. There were only toothbrushes and 2 big bath towels as amenities, the bath tub with shower however no curtains and the wall built in shampoo and shower gels were far from the bath tub, the hotel just want you to fall out of the bath tub and have an accident.

The worse thing was the staff, we rented a bike and we parked the bike at the hotel to went for a nap, when we came down, the receptionist was leaving work on her bike and she was talk to some old guy, this old guys was holding one of our rented helmets, he looked at us when we exited the hotel and as we were coming close to the bike, he then started to put the helmet down, had we been 2 minutes later, the helmet would've been gone and the receptionist would have not said anything and would not be responsible for witnessing such crime!

Room Tip: Choose high floor so you can see the mountain view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is placed in the main commercial street.
Staff was correct all time but nothing in special to highlight apart of the fact that they did not get back our passports at check out and we forgot them there (also our fault!)
Buffet breakfast was good, specially their vegetable omelette.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Big impressive bedroom. Royal views of mt Fansipan. Not perfectly clean but ok. No shower curtain but hot water. Breakfast is adequate, enough of everything including fruit. Coffee is cold. Staff not friendly at all. Will look for other accommodation if visiting Sapa again. Conveniently situated but so is everything in Sapa

Room Tip: Ask for view of mt Fansipan, it is magnificent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I just wanted to report my experience with thís hotel.

I took a trip to sapa with an agency in Hanoi for 2 days one night at the hotel.

The staff I really taking advantage òf the tourists. The room are not so clean, the electricity was in a bad condition (it finally broke my ịphone charger due to a short cỉcuit), and they promise us a room after the checking, that they were supposed to provide us. They told to all the people from all the agencies, that they couldnt provide one because "some people in the hotel were sick'. They ended the conversation screaming at the other clients.

I wont recommended it, sapa í a geaorgeous place to visit but the hotel service screw my trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bousquet a
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel has great mountain views but that is about all it has going for it unfortunately.
The room was large with a balcony and a great view - however, it was also less than tidy and the breakfast was dire - after watching one of our party getting fried eggs from the "cook" we decided to ditch and buy brekky in town. It was also very noisy
There are probably a lot better places to stay in Sapa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel was great value, the views jaw dropping and service quite ok - excellent value for what I think I paid. Quirky things make me smile like the lock on the door to the patio - it was installed upside down so the slider went in not out so you couldn't lock the door - didn't matter.
But it's the area that worries me in that it appears developers are now doing whatever they want and there just looks like huge scares developing - I do hope someone puts the breaks on this area.
Also the minority tribes run rampant in the streets trying every trick in the book to sell you something. They are like flies and very annoying.
I went to the local tribe village to the Red Sao and they were charming - yook me to one of their homes and spoke very good English - spoke of their lives and where the tribes came from (China) - very gracious and I chose to offer and thank you donation rather than buy anything that I would never use.
My massage in Sapa was ok but then I lucked in with one of the best I've ever had at Lao Cai - Muin Da, D. Phan Dinh Phung - P. Pho Moi. Phone 0975 540 889

Room Tip: Don't reavel in peak season - I hear it's mad - June is exce;llent
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were disappointed with this hotel. First the positives were it had great mountains views, was in the centre of town and rooms were large.
On the negative side the bath wobbled, no proper shower, wires hanging out of the wall in the bathroom. The breakfast was so bad (eggs cooked in pigs fat I think), that the 2nd day we ditched our inclusive breakfast at the hotel and went out to a cafe. That was the first time we've ever done that! There are undoubtedly better places to stay in Sapa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple