“Awesome Hosts and New Friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sapa Luxury Hotel

Sapa Luxury Hotel
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Sapa
Sapa, Vietnam
“Awesome Hosts and New Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This Family owned and operated hotel far exceeded my expectations. From the minute I arrived I felt welcomed, like an honored guest. The care, courtesy and service I experienced was very much appreciated. The Owner's and Manager spoke very good English and we shared many interesting conversations. They helped me with tranlations when I was trying to figure a couple of treks with the local tribes people. The room and view were some of the cleanest and best accommodations I've experienced in SE Asia.... I felt I received steller service from the start of my stay to finish..... This is definitely a step up from the average budget hotel...... I will definitely stay again when I return to Sapa......

Room Tip: Room 306 had the most awesome view ever..... A private balcony and it was quiet, spacious and nicely...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Philip Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a cosy little hotel on the quiet road towards Cat Cat village; away from the bustle of the main streets, it's in a great location. The staff are very keen to please and were always available to assist with guides, tours and recommendations for eating out etc.
We stayed in the VIP room at the very top of the hotel; a large room with some very unique decor and furnishings. Hot water in the rather basic bathroom, an in-room safe, TV with satellite channels and a DVD player all made for a very comfortable stay. This room, along with a number of others, benefited from an amazing view down the valley (weather permitting).
The breakfast was a little basic but filling enough before a day trekking. One disappointing aspect was the station pick-up - no personal treatment here, with a rather overcrowded mini-bus and, in our case, a very angry fellow passenger (travelling to a different hotel) who had paid way over the odds for the journey (not the hotels fault, ofcourse, but they should consider their guests first impressions of their hospitality).
All-in-all a great room, a reasonable price and nice people who looked after us very well. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: The 'VIP' rooms at the very top have incredible views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sapa, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Nice little Hotel close to the Market. I stayed here for three days in April 2014.
Friendly, helpful staff that speaks good English. Mr Long the hotel owner does organize trips around Sa Pa, Bus or Airplane tickets. Pick up from Trainstation Lao Chai is recommended because of overrated prices from some taxi drivers.
Clean and comfortable rooms for a reasonable price. View from the higher floors is nice, because of newer buildings, only limited view to the mountains, but still good.

Room Tip: Check if u got one with large window to the mountain side. free upgrade if room is available
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hans M
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

In March 2014 I stayed in the lovely Sapa Luxury Hotel. I had a large room with a double bed and corner couch at the very top of the hotel. Sunlight poured into the room. The view was incredible...large mountains, plunging valleys and the rooftops of Sapa Village. The pricing is very reasonable, the staff are intelligent, very friendly and helpful. The 4th floor rooms and 5th floor rooms have amazing views. There are large balconies to sit outside.

The friendly staff at Luxury Hotel assisted me with my train ticket from Hanoi...which can be a bit confusing first time as there are so many carriages and choices of train. I am an independant traveller, yet this time I was glad of some help.Luxury Hotel pre-booked my train ticket to Lao Cai and the transfer shuttle from Lao Cai up the mountain to Sapa. I agreed on the quoted price and paid nothing until I checked out of the Hotel at the end of my 6 days.

Luxury Hotel organized a pickup car from my Hanoi accommodation- with a guide who took me through the train station and collected my ticket from somewhere in amongst the cacophony and who then showed me to the correct train and carriage. Lots of trains leave to go along the same route every night and a mixture of carriages from varying companies are attached to different engines...it's a bit of a circus if you don't know where you are going! There are so many trains pulled in at the Hanoi Station together. Coming back from Lao Cai is easy as there are only two tracks.

The trip on the train was good. I slept soundly somehow! I was met by a shuttle bus driver at Lao Cai in the morning and for $3 was taken to Sapa...straight to the Hotel. What a god experience and for such a reasonable price.

If you are making your way to Sapa, give Luxury Hotel a call and see how they can help you! If they answer the phone in Vietnamese, just speak clearly in English and they will bring Trin (pronounced Ching) to the phone. He will organize everything. Enjoy!

Room Tip: top two floors for view. a little more money, but worth it! Stunning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank loufinnegan
sapaluxuryhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sapa Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Loufinegan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, we highly appreciate it very much. We happily when our room and services made you pleasant stay with us.

We transmit your kind words to our staff as an encourage them work more harder to bring better service for customers.

We hope you choose Sapa Luxury again for next time to visit Sapa.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

The staff are welcoming and helpful, the location is good as it is just down from the market, fantastic views across the mountains (from the deluxe rooms, not sure about the others), and organised a fun trip for us. We defiantly needed the heater in our room for February though, as it was quite chilly. It was a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Albert M
sapaluxuryhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sapa Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Albert,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We were very happy to hear you consider us as the good place to stay in Sapa.

Our utmost reward is to read our guests satisfaction. We are grateful to you for taking the time to drop some extremely positive words about your experience at Sapa Luxury Hotel.

We look forward to having you for the next time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it was in the perfect location amongst the bars and restaurants whilst still retaining the personality and charm of a family run hotel.

I would however suggest that you visit in September as the weather was poor whilst we were there and we were unfortunate as we had very poor visibility. I would highly recommend hiring a motorbike and going up to the villages above and below for the pictures you desire if the weather is poor.

We stayed in a VIP room which on a clear day would have had amazing views however; even in cold weather with poor visibility the room was charming and cosy. It had a living area, heated blankets and interesting decorative features.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rainowwanderer
sapaluxuryhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sapa Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Rainowwanderer,

Thank you so much for your valuable review!

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we transmitted your compliments to our management, staff and the management.

The hotel would like to take this opportunity to once again thank you for your whole-heartedly support .

Please contact us through the Website or via the mailbox if you have any inquiries when you have other plan back to Sapa.

We look forward to having you on September at Sapa Luxury Hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Love this hotel. I was recommended by a friend who's stayed in this hotel before and I have to say that it is really good! Check-in time was 12pm, however I was there early like 9am and they allow me to check in early without additional charges. Staff served me cinnamon tea upon arrival and helped me with my luggage. As I have yet to decide on the room type, they gladly show me the rooms available. I took up the deluxe room on level 3. (fyi: you would need to walk up the stairs, but trust me, it is worth it!) The view outside my room is the beautiful Fansipan mountains. The room is spacious with a king size bed. Thumbs up to the excellent service provided by the staff. Super helpful with any sort of enquires. Whenever I get back to hotel, they will offer me to have tea and snacks at the lobby. Definitely will stay in this hotel on my next trip to Sapa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank xiaotoot
sapaluxuryhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sapa Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Xiaotoot,

On behalf of Sapa Luxury Hotel, we would love to say thank you very much for review us on Tripadvisor and enjoyed your stay with us.

We will pass on your kind words to our team as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service to the guests.

We look forward to welcoming your back at Sapa Luxury Hotel.