Casablanca Hotel
$216
$80
$73
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staffs here would go out of their way to please their customers. They helped me with the power supplies for my laptop as the loan item. They also brought my son's pants to the local tailor to fix the elastic. However, they forgot to give us back our passports and we found out when we got back to Ha Noi. We were scheduled to fly out the same day to Da Nang so we were freaking out. However, Tom, the Casablanca's manager and the Rising Dragon hotel's manager in Ha Noi were able to get us through. IT WAS A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE !!! They gave us a third person name and his phone number and demanded $120 for our family of 3. I got mad and gave Tom an ear full so we did not have to pay. We were told to call that third person upon on my arrival at the airport then hand the phone to VN airline personnel. After We got our boarding passes, We could not get through the security then We did the same thing. Handed the phone to the Officer then We got through and boarded the plane 5 minutes prior of the departure time. Not to mention my pocket knife was forgotten in my pants pocket. Another foreigner flew to Da Nang the next day with our passports along with some of our laundry. If it wasn't for the passports, we could have lost some of our expensive hiking clothes without knowing it. Anyhow, I still give Casablanca Sapa hotel and Rising Dragon hotel staffs in Ha Noi an A+ for their sincere service and friendiness now that we completed our trip from North to South of VN.

Room Tip: Ask if there are windows and an upper / higher level if you don't like noises.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Patrica V
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

All of the reviews here speak of the fantastic customer service from Tom and Eddie- it's true! Breakfast on arrival- no catch. Cheap and well organised tours available to book from reception. Excellent laundry service, lovely large rooms with great views. If you're unsure of where to stay- don't hesitate to book here!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jessisaw
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Service in hotels in Vietnam can be hit and miss. The service at Casablanca Hotel is definitely a hit! We arrived at around 7am, having not booked anywhere. We were assured by Eddie that the rooms there were all nice, and he seemed friendly and helpful so we took his word for it. They gave us complimentary breakfast on arrival, which was fantastic after the sleeper train, and sent us around the town with a map and some helpful hints.

When we returned that evening, we told Eddie that we were climbing Mount Fansipan the following day - he got up at 5:30am with the staff to ensure we didn't do our trek on empty stomachs, and when we returned, took care of our wet shoes and coats at a nearby laundry.

We also did their Bac Ha Market tour, which was good value for money (and you don't get followed by various hill tribe members, unlike in Sapa) and they organised our train tickets and a minibus into Lao Cai. They also helped us rent a motorbike, and we really appreciated how friendly all of the staff were every time we came back to the hotel!

The rooms were basic but clean and in good condition. The staff make this hotel though, and will do everything they can to make your stay in Sapa special. I cannot recommend staying here enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thriftystudent89
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is one of those hotels where the staff make it an "experience" rather than a hotel. The owners invited us to their family dinner both nights we were there and drank and joked with us and we had the best time. Such a nice and authentic experience. They invited a couple of other lone travellers too, so the experience wasn't just us. Our room had a great view and was clean and comfortable. I think if you are travelling by yourself or in a pair the owners really open up to you, but if you're travelling in a family or larger group they'll give you your space. They organised a tour for us, which was great (we probably didn't need a private tour and could have gone with a group tour but it was still very inexpensive), and breakfast was lovely. We couldn't believe it - one of the people at the dinners saw us in Hanoi after we had left (what are the chances!?) and was still so genuinely friendly and took us to coffee and toured us round the city for an hour. These people are amazing, a really hospitable extended family. I will definitely definitely go back. Out of >10 hotels in a month-long trip, this was my favourite. If you go, you will not be disappointed!!!! A warning - it's the rule in Sapa that the hotels need the passports of everyone in residence at 7pm. We were a bit alarmed at the thought of not having our passports but really truly, this is true of anywhere you go in Sapa. They're good people, don't fret. It's a good price too! Totally worth it. See you next time, Casablanca!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I arrived in Sapa around 7p.m having left early morning from Kunming in China. I chose the hotel principally because of the comments made by others about the owner and the staff and I wholeheartedly endorse what has been said. The owner, 'Mr Thom' was looking for me in the street and when he found me he kindly I insisted that I joined his family for dinner. When I asked about hiring a motorbike the next day he seemed genuinely worried given that I had told him that I had not been on one for 20 years. He promptly arranged for me to join a Vietnamese couple and their daughter and I had a fantastic day. His attentiveness was reflected by all the staff who were all more than helpful. The hotel could do with some upgradng in places but I hope that their hardwork will enable them to do this sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: July 2013