“Fantastic little hotel with awesome staff”
Review of Casablanca Hotel

Casablanca Hotel
Ranked #55 of 68 Hotels in Sapa
“Fantastic little hotel with awesome staff”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Walked into this hotel after the night train and were welcomed by the staff, given tea and a map of the area. They let us check into our rooms early and were really kind and helpful. We were invited to dinner the second night of our stay and so much effort went into it. Not once did we feel that we were being intruded upon though.
Just a genuinely nice group of people who run the hotel. Rooms are immaculate and comfortable. It is right in the centre of the main centre, but as it is about 20 metres down a side street (overlooking the mountains), it is private and quiet.
Would definitely return to this hotel, the owners are relatively new and are bearing the brunt of reviews from when the previous owners ran it. Definitely worth a stay. Thank you!!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem really nice and comfy, rooms at the front probably have a slightly better view of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Thai first
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

we had an early arrival after the night train, we were greeted with breakfast and nice green tea while our rooms were got ready, also we were offered a room to shower and change in.The rooms were really big,clean and comfy. this hotel was our base for our trekking around Sapa, the guide we had was excellent, she was so friendly and showed us so much. the meals at Casablanca were fantastic, all family style dining and plenty of it! the deep fried pumpkin in batter was amazing!!! Mr Tom was a fantastic host, and he and his family were so happy to make our stay the best it could be. Thanks very much for a fantastic stay! will definately recommend to anyone venturing to Sapa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KMorris_11
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Got this hotel through my hotel in Hanoi.
It's family run and they're really nice. As I'm travelling alone, my first night they asked me to join them for dinner.
Staff is great, although their knowledge of English is small, they want you to have a good time.
Rooms, breakfast and cleaning are good, but what really did it for me is that when I had an accident with my motorbike and got back to the hotel, the owner left his lunch to take me to the farmacy, cleaned and bandaged the wounds and went with me to help me settle the bill for the damage to the motorbike.
When I will return to Sapa, I so will stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 777Reijer777
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location with spacious clean and well maintained rooms, definitely one of the better value budget accommodation options in Sapa with helpful friendly staff.
Shower is located over a bath as opposed to being just located on the wall next to the toilet, always a plus in budget rooms.

• Stayed April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights. It's in a great location in Sapa. The rooms are spacious and well decorated with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom (shower over the bath). Breakfast is free and tastes pretty good. The wi-fi is reliable and the TV has many Vietnamese and international channels. It is a family-run hotel and they are all very nice and welcoming and helpful. My only problem was that my door was very difficult to unlock so I would often have to find someone to ask for help to open my door.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a room with a balcony and mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Many people go to Sapa for the local villages and a Hill tribe home stays- This maybe the best home stay you can encounter while making a base in Sapa!
Such a wonderful visit and nothing was to much.
Life made easy with awaiting bus from Loi chai to sapa town all arranged by Mr Tom and not charged an extra penny.So pleasant when you see your name on a card after a 10hr overnight train!
To recieve a call on my phone en route to Casablanca asking if I wanted breakfast before check in was only to be the same service encountered throughout the duration of my extended stay!
Daily breakfast onward was served when ever you like to get out of bed and cooked by dedicated foody staff if only the usual choice of eggs but with taste!
Make this your choice for a home from home but should you be one just to go about your daily business you will be more than free.
The rooms are a good price and if you can go for one with a view, they are more than worth the extra dollar or so! (Views amazing!!)
This is on the cusp of being a boutique(ish) hotel and Mr Tom is putting his all in to make it work being the new owner!
There are a few maintenance issues in some rooms but thats easily overlooked when you realise whats on offer for the money and should you have the smallest problem with your stay just ask....its really that simple!
Value for money, Fantastic location, Homely rooms, great hospitality.
Iv met people in Sapa who have payed more only to get poor(remember your price bracket and what your getting for top end of mid range accommodation)
Sad to leave but good that all onward tickets were arranged by Casablanca at cost price!
Casablanca always my first call should I return to Sapa!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

After staying one night at another hotel (I won't name which), we decided to try elsewhere as the rooms seemed to have a bit of a funky, musty smell to them. We came to Casablanca and were immediatly greeted by the most friendly helpful man imaginable. Mr Tom showed us around a few rooms and we settled for one with a brilliant view of the mountains. The rooms are clean and tidy and have extra little touches like colourful bright local made pillow and chairs that the other hotel didn't have. Most importantly the shower is over a bath rather than the floor, we were sick of having wet bathroom floor all the time! Sapa was nice and warm whilst we were here but the door to the balcony did have a few small gaps which might be a problem in winter however there was an electric blanket in the cupboard. Mr Tom and his staff are super friendly and will help with anything you need during your stay, we asked him if he could get us bus tickets back to Hanoi which he sorted and will take us to the bus tonight. For the price of the room you really can't get much better, I highly recommend staying here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple