“Thank you Mr. Tom.”

Ranked #54 of 68 Hotels in Sapa
Ottawa, Canada
“Thank you Mr. Tom.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel but I cannot say enough good things about Mr. Tom and his tour crew. We were recommended him after frustrating experiences trying to arrange things other places. I wish I could take him on the rest of my trip through Vietnam.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FarmerDee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Thai first
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel from feedback on this site. Very welcoming staff eager to provide good service to travelers, only had two nights arriving from overnight train. My requests for early check in and pick up from station were not passed on by Agoda so in future email direct is the way to go. Mr Tom is doing a renovation of the hotel but had time to offer breakfast on arrival and room was soon ready. All the young staff were friendly and keen to assist and chat, received invite to nearby karaoke bar with them which was different. Room spacious and clean with great view and small balcony, not up to Hanoi standards but this is a small hill town not a city so I had no complaints. Tours organized with ease and Tim provided excellent trip. Next time I will stay longer and trek.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I actually didn´t stay in the hostel but i booked my busticket there because they were so nice helping me finding the way during the day. i was amazed by the people. they really cared about their guests. after booking my ticket they asked to join them and a group of guests in a bar closeby. the next morning they picked me up in time from my hotel to wait for the bus at their place. as soon as i entered i got a hot tea and they even offered me a free breakfast whilst waiting for the bus. i can not say much about the rooms but i guess they´re nice as well. next time i´m going to sapa i will definately stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank alta-Verwalter
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Probably the most hospitable hotel I have ever stayed at, Mr Tom and his staff are fantastic! I had a large double room with a spectacular view. And the free breakfast is great too, I highly reccommend this hotel if you are visiting Sapa

• Stayed December 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The room I had was simple but large and clean. All rooms come off the main stairwell which means that if you're a light sleeper like me then you'll be woken up at 6:30am when they start work. Breakfast had good options (pho, different eggs, pancakes), I did the Bac Ha market tour on the Sunday which was good and cheaper than other places. The staff were lovely and the guy that runs the hotel was incredibly hospitable. I ate dinner with his family the first night and then with him and other guests the next. The bed was quite hard but i think that's standard, bathroom clean, the location is good.

Room Tip: i imagine they'll all be noisy! not all of them will have a view but if it's foggy then tha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
vnuver
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I came to this hotel on a fixed low budget tour. Everything was fabulous. All my needs taken care of from the moment I arrived everything has been smooth sailing and the meals all of which I have had here(paid for in the tour price) have been plentiful and flavourful.Place is clean...though a little rundown. Hot water was a little scarce and wifi was a little intermittent but overall experience was extremely satisfactory based on price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and it has to be said the guys that run this place are some of the friendliest going. They were really helpful and accommodating. We arrived on the night train way before our check in time but they gave us a room to rest in while ours was being prepared. Thye gave us a free breakfast everyday and they also organised a local guide and a minivan back to Lao Cai for us.

The view from our room was amazing. Simply incredible and the room itself was basic but very homely and lovely.

The hotel itself is a little worn out and shabby but spotlessly clean. Sapa itself can be damp and cold and without heating the hotel can get chilly. However there were spare blankets and endless cups of tea on the go. For the price it's tough to complain!

The management are extremely attentive and the place is really well positioned for the sights of Sapa. If you are looking for a friendly affordable place to stay I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Try and get one of the rooms at the front, great views from the balcony!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple