“Excellent hotel great manager”
Review of Trung Nguyen Hotel

Trung Nguyen Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Chau Doc
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and think this hotel is excellent value. It's bright, modern, and the staff appear to have real camaraderie, which creates a very relaxed atmosphere. The very capable and pleasant Ms Diem deserves all of the positive things that people say about her, and made our stay a very pleasant one. We stayed on the fourth floor - although there isn't a lift, the balcony overlooks the awesome market and makes for the best people watching that you can do! The hotel is spotlessly clean, the air conditioning functions well, and all in all, it's all you could want. We would gladly recommend it.

Room Tip: I would think that the lower down you go, the noisier it might be? If you can manage the stairs we w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed in Chau Doc for two nights and it was quite enough! This hotel is adequate [i.e. clean and air-conditioned] but, as it's right by the market and in the centre of town, it's very noisey. Breakfast is basic but for the cost [we paid £12 for B&B for two] you're not going to get a better deal.There's not much to do in Chau Doc and we failed to find anywhere decent to eat [even though we tried a couple of Lonely Planet recommentations]. The half day river trip to view the floating village, fish market, mosque and weaving centre is frankly woeful but the river trip from Phnom Penh is wonderful.

Room Tip: All rooms look out onto the market place so all of them are subject to a lot of noise until about 10...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenlanegirl
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night in Jan. They gave us a twin room, which is actually a room with two double beds. The rooms have air con and a balcony to the street, TV, fridge and shower with hot water. We found that the air con didn't work well, but it was still comfortable. The town is small so the street was relatively quite. One of the main hotel staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English. We rented a motorbike to go to Mt. Sam and the hotel also booked us our bus and boat to Ha Tien and Phu Quoc ($21 USD each) which is a bit higher than if you booked it yourself, but was very convenient and the bus ride was more like a taxi, just us in a minivan with a driver that was very friendly and showed us the sights on the road to Ha Tien. Breakfast was also served, basic and good. Note, there is not elevator. I highly recommend this hotel for budget travel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank powberry
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I was a bit wary about paying only $16 for a double room . I admit we usually chose midrange price hotels so wernt used to a budget one and we are over 50 years old. There didnt seem to be a better option for us in Chau Doc except the Victoria. We chose this hotel through tripadvisors recommendations and because we arrived in the afternoon and only needed overnight in Chau Doc in order to catch the very early morning ferry to Cambodia (need to take a short taxi ride to the pier). The room and bathroom were spotlesslly clean. The lady at the desk was very helpful and experienced and spoke good English.The location is fine too. Thats all I can say thats good about the hotel but perhaps thats a lot considering the price. Theres nothing bad I can say either. I suppose it could have been worse. All I can say is that I was pleased it was for one night only. Dont expect anything beautiful or charming or comfortable and you wont be disappointed. The small room is very basic with a hard bed . You need to order breakfast in advance the night before but we left too early to get it ( 6.30am )

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

After finding the place (we got dropped off on a different pier) we found Trung Nyuyen perfect for what we needed. Since it appears no one speaks English in Chau Doc it was great to have a lovely the lady in reception who spoke fluent English. She organized our Sam Mountain trip, changed our money and ongoing travel to Can Tho. The rooms were small but very clean. Breakfast was fresh and simple. I was quite happy with my pork soup and ice coffee. Overall great value for money and couldn't be happier with our stay in Chau Doc.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Left Phnom Penh by fast boat to Nam great trip on the river 4 hours later pulled into Chau Doc
walked to the city centre only a few blocks checked into the first hotel i came to and what luck
the always smiling receptionist come manager Diem (pronounced Yeam who has fluent english the best asian spoken english I have heard), said she had a spare room it was on the 4th floor no lifts but was a great hotel aircon, flatscreen, tv, hot water and beautiful clean rooms for $13 US a night breakfast and coffee included (the coffee is to die for) I doubt I could have done better if I had of scoured Chau Doc. next mornong Diem arranged a tour of the floating markets that was geat then on subsequent days trips to Sam Mountain and the Pagodas also a trip in to the forrest foe a quiet canoe ride with lots f nesting birds and interesting things to see. I highly recomend this hotel, if you do go there say a big hello to Diem from Lawrence
PS I will be going back there

Room Tip: lower flors are less stairs lol
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lawrence B
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The Trung Nguyen hotel certainly lived up to expectations. I arrived without a booking but luckily there was a room spare. Spotless with facilities that are above what you would expect for a budget hotel - aircon, flat TV, hot shower, and breakfast. To top things off the girl at the front desk could not have been friendlier and more helpful. I rented one of their bikes and was given a hotel map and directions to the local Sam "mountain" for great views over the township and Cambodia.

• Stayed: December 2011