“Decent eatery”
Review of Mekong

Mekong
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Chau Doc
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

With very few restaurants to choose from, we ended up at Mekong. Reasonable food at reasonable prices. The prawns we had, grilled and fried, were good and so was the fish in tomato sauce and the noodle dishes. Not much in the way of vegetable dishes - we all had spinach. Glad we found it, as there is nothing else around. Easy to find in the evening: the cafe just in front of Mekong has blinking orange/yellow lights.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Frankly, I was offended by this restaurant, which has one menu (pricier and more limited) for foreigners and another, longer and less expensive menu for Vietnamese. We ordered a couple of beers and a few dishes but I felt ripped off by the entire experience. I'd never go back there.

1  Thank skink
Reviewed March 19, 2013

we were the only guests that night outside so the atmosphere wasn't anything. it seems though that it has a good potential for a nice atmosphere. food was nothing special but what you expected. price/quality was fine

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just went here for dinner. Spring rolls best tasted in Vietnam. Grilled prawns also good. After this deteriorated and need to remind waiter of our order. When it arrived rather bland. Cost $US21 for eight Tiger beers and the meal for three people.

1  Thank Anitra K
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Set back from the road. I had a simple meal of soy bean chicken and that was nice. English spoken and the waiter was polite.
I felt it was expensive for the amount I got and comparing it to what I been paying for meals in Vietnam.