TripAdvisor
Canggu
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews surf and yoga other guests desa seni home away from home every morning solo trip yoga center lots of pillows spent amazing days solo traveller house is beautiful inspiring place healthy breakfast yoga studio an amazing host amazing surf highly recommend a stay
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

It is the best possible choice if you’re looking for a peaceful place for yoga and surf. I booked less than 24h in advance and everything was perfect. I felt like home at Pineapple house.

Era made my stay there so easy, she even helped me to plan the rest of my trip around Bali. I’m so grateful I found this place and I could relax there for a few days. Thank you so much!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
The_Pineapple_House, Owner at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Hi!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We're so pleased that Era's effortless hospitality made you feel so welcome. We love her!

I hope that you had a wonderful trip around the rest of Bali and that we see you again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2019

I went to Bali on a total whim and Pineapple House accommodated me with less than 24 hours notice.
The retreat was everything I needed and more... stunning villa, beautiful bedroom and outdoor bathroom and the yoga was another level. (Careful what class you pick- some are pretty advanced!)
The only downside for me, being a bit of a sun worshipper, is you cant really sit in the sun much at the villa as the loungers are shaded; but the beach isn't far and if you've not got it yet- GoJek is your go to app for getting around (essentially Bali Uber!)

Era and Putu are so lovely and really make you feel like part of the family.. a far more personal experience than other retreats I have been to. I also did a private class with Lucy who introduced me to Yin which opened my eyes as I had never really understood it before.
Having gone through a particularly tough time at home in previous months, all I wanted from Pineapple House was to escape reality for a bit and forget.. what I came away with was far more valuable; mental clarity and positivity, thanks to the incredible support and love shown to me by these beautiful strangers. I will be forever grateful..
This is truly a special place, if you are thinking of going alone- do it. I met some incredible people and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Sophia C
The_Pineapple_House, Owner at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Hi Sophia,

It was such a pleasure to have you at the Pineapple House, Bali, and I'm so pleased you time with us was so nourishing. It was an absolute pleasure to teach you as well!

We'd love to have you back here, just let us know when you've booked your flights!

Reviewed June 13, 2019

We stayed for 6 days and enjoyed the most comfy bed to sleep on.
The staff are friendly, very accomodating to any needs and always with a bright smile.
Highly recommended for those needing a quiet time, yet mingling with a small group of guests during your stay and having to hear their stories.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
The_Pineapple_House, Manager at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2019

Hi Jaideep,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It was so great to have you both with us and we're looking forward to having you back already!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Best holiday my partner and I have had in ages. Perfect mix of self managed villa and hotel. We stayed 9 nights and did the yoga and surf package. Super flexible with the yoga classses at the amazing yoga retreat next door. Picked up each morning for surf by excellent local guides and organised extra massages right here in the villa afterwards most days, to ease aching surf muscles. I was a beginner at both but feel I have an amazing grounding now to continue my practice when I’m back home in Sydney. The breakfasts included were simple and delicious and gave us the opportunity to sample all the amazing restaurants and cafes in the area for lunch and dinner. Did a day trip to Ubud with Agus, highly recommended. His commentary and stories made the trip extra special, especially in the water temple. Felt like we were staying in a friend’s villa, felt super connected and looked after. Would definately come back next time in Cangu.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
The_Pineapple_House, Manager at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Hi!

Thank you so much for your review. It was so good to have you both at The Pineapple House and to hear how you were getting on with the surfing and the yoga.

We'd love to have you both back when you're next in Bali!

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

... it is the perfect homely retreat after being “always on the go, doing, doing, doing, ....better and faster” ...

The team arranged for me to be collected from the airport and driven to the Pineapple House. Agus the driver made me feel as I would visit really good friends.

Stepping over the threshold into the open plan garden and living area and two turquoise pools and beautiful areas to relax and enjoy the time.

The vibe was so chilled and my room was gorgeous. A big four poster bed with lots of pillows and my own bathroom…

Planning my day was easy and the surfing and yoga(... and Pilates, Sightseeingtour, Massage, Treatments) was flexible and changing the plans was not complicated at all, which was just what suited me.

Some days I started with a early morning surf, had a nice breakfast, went to a yoga class, lay around the pool or spent some hours by the beach. Others I had a massage and talked about life and the world with Era, who was able to share her knowledge of the tastiest places to eat in the area and the places to watch the sun set. She also showed us to cook traditional meals.... so delicious! Thanks also to Putu who made us the tastiest breakfast every morning!

I would recommend it to anyone looking to do some surf or yoga retreat in Bali .... in fact, I wish I lived there all year round!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
The_Pineapple_House, Manager at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Hi!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Era has so many hidden talents! We're so lucky to have her. :-)

Please do come back soon!