All reviews surf and yoga private yoga other guests desa seni home away from home every morning solo trip yoga center spent amazing days lots of pillows solo traveller house is beautiful inspiring place wellness retreat local recommendations peaceful holiday new friends
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Let me preface my review by unequivocally stating how much I enjoyed my stay in Bali and the kind local folks who operate the Pineapple House. However, it would be very remiss of me to not write a completely authentic review of my stay, which was severely dampened by the fact that I got eaten up alive by ~alleged~ bed bugs and/or fleas or other nasty biting insects. The bites ranged from my face, arms, upper thighs and ankles. The arm bites were the most severe case, with large welts that ultimately triggered a severe allergic reaction with arm swelling, dizziness, sweating, and fast heart beat, resulting in me needing to seek emergency medical attention at the hospital to receive their equivalent of an EPIPEN injection and follow-up medication.

While I personally saw, what I believe in retrospect to be, an alleged bed bug in my balconcy room (picture attached), I killed and disposed of it without showing staff. In hindsight, I should have kept it for proof. Regardless, I took this photo of the mattress in the balcony room of the Pineapple House the day after I informed staff of my bug concern and was told the sheets had been changed and spray was administered. I am no bed bug expert, but a quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about witnessing this sight on a mattress. Decide for yourself if you wish to run the risk of having a less than ideal experience.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Ellyn00
PIneappleHouseBali, Owner at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Hi Ellyn,

We are so sorry to hear that you were bitten by bugs here in Bali which triggered an allergic reaction. whilst we have not found any bed bugs in our rooms we have fumigated all the rooms and have done a deep clean of all the matresses to be on the safe side! Unfortunately Bali is a tropical island with numerous bugs and wildlife, the majority of which we have no control over - we do advise our guests of the occasional challenges of indoor / outdoor living here. That said, despite the bites we are happy to hear that you loved the people and your stay in Bali.

Warm regards,

Rachel

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

By recommendation of a good friend, I booked a few nights (the Yoga package) at the Pineapple House and wish I could have stayed longer!
While to town of Canggu is lovely and going to yoga was definitely a perk, the true gem was being at the pineapple house itself, surrounded by such a chill, at house vibe with the most amazing hosts!
Era with her amazing heart, warm hugs, sweet laugh and magic hands (best massages I have ever had in my life!) made me feel like home the minute I walked through the door.
Putu can cook a killer breakfast and opened my eyes to a new way of enjoying ginger tea - I will never go back to the old way again!
Agus was awesome. Even took some of the girls that I had met there and I to tour ubud after we left canggu.
The accommodations are beautiful and super comfortable. Its a place where you can lounge and read a book all day or swim in the pool and hang w your friends, new and old.
I will be back! Missing it already.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PIneappleHouseBali, Public Relations Manager at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Hi Lindsey,

We are so happy you had such a wonderful time and felt so at home and nurtured by our wonderful team. Stay in touch and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the not too distant future!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

I have spent 5 amazing days in Bali, and my stay at the Pineapple House is what made my first solo yoga retreat even better. The place is beautiful, cosy, comfortable without being pretentious. The people there were great. Agus, best driver ever, Putu preparing for me every morning my delicious açaí bowl topped with coconuts, seeds, fresh fruits (as I don't eat eggs), and Era who is just such a wonderful person, and whose massages are unforgettable! I recommend this place to solo travelers. I made friends with the other people staying there and we spent stunning evenings together discovering the Bali night life. The yoga studio is just besides the Pineapple House, and it has a variety of classes at different times of the day. This trip was just fab!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
PIneappleHouseBali, Director of Sales at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

HI Nathalie,

Thanks so much for writing such a lovely review on your stay with us. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time and we were able to cater for your dietary requirements. It is great to hear that you got on so well with the other guests staying.

Anna x

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Spent a fab 8 days here in June. Era was totally awesome and made me feel really welcome. She also gives bloomin’ amazing massages, and the hair mask is a just for end-of-holiday beach hair!
(She also made delicious soto ayam, a woman of many talents!)

Putu’s breakfasts were delicious - very fresh and healthy (I have the recipe for the smoothie bowl as it was just excellent)..

Surfing with Sunni was great fun (even if the wind and swell were a bit too big a couple of the days)!

Yoga was next door in an amazing setting (but don’t forget the mosquito spray). Even if you’re not doing any yoga it’s worth going to admire the lovely garden!

Very comfortable room and villa - I spent a lot of time reading by the pool and playing with mie goreng the cat..

Canggu is muuuuuuch busier than when I came 8 years ago, so If you like brunch then you won’t be disappointed. I kinda wish there were more local warungs rather than places to get a flat white.. but maybe that’s just me!

Thanks team pineapple house.. I had a cracker!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PIneappleHouseBali, Public Relations Manager at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Hi Rachael,

Thanks you so much for your wonderful review for your stay with us. We are so glad that you love Era's spa treatments as much as we do.. she's our secret (not so secret) weapon.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Pineapple House for my first ever solo trip to Bali and i can only say its truly a wonderful stay here tuly a home away from home. Truly first class stay and staffs!
Thank you to Pineapple House and the team who has made my short stay so meaningful & wonderful! :)

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
PIneappleHouseBali, Owner at The Pineapple House, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Hi Silvi,

Thank you for writing such a sweet review of your stay with us. We are so pleased that it felt like a home away from home for you. Looking forward to welcoming you back again before too long x