“Bliss!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Canggu
Singapore, Singapore
“Bliss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed here in April,it really was a very beautiful resort, so peaceful and lovely. I love to do yoga so I practise every morning and it was a very good class. The food was very good and they are growing organic vegetables in the garden, I love to see this! The room was very nice and beds very comfortable. The pool area is very nice, I can spend hours relaxing here or take some massage which is very excellent. I love most the garden and flowers and nature, it is very peaceful and I'm so happy I book it! Overall a really great place and the good value for money with a friendly staff too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jajabilh
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for the post! We are so grateful when people take the time to let us know. the staff so appreciate it! The smiles on everyones face, the confidence of good work, the pride in what they are doing, unmeasurable. Thank you and till next crossing! Matur Suksema!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stopped by this place for lunch. It's absolutely beautiful - gorgeous sparkling pool surrounded by cute thatch roofed treehouses and colorful huts. Hibiscus, marigolds, and violets everywhere. Feels super serene. The yoga pavilions are lovely too. The food however, leaves little to be desired. Had the chicken soup and the polenta fries. Both lacked flavor. The stomach soother smoothie was ok, but there are tastier smoothies in Bali. I think this would be a great place to stay for a yoga retreat, but if you are looking for easy access to the beach, should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to come and visit and letting us know about your experience. This feedback is instrumental to us in order to know where we can improve. I will look into the Polenta Fries and the Soto Ayam (chicken Soup) and discuss and re train the kitchen on these dishes are they are favorites on the menu. My apologies! Again, thank you as with this we can strive to do better. Terima kasih atas informasinya!!
Nelson Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I don't review everywhere I stay but I reviewed this property after my first stay in November 2013 because I was so impressed & couldn't fault it in any way. I went so far as to say I was so impressed I would return in May 2014. I did & again I have to say it was well worth the re visit. I loved the house Shiwa (last time it was Toer), the food is exceptional, the staff are so good at their jobs that the owner Tom must be very proud of them all & happy that they uphold his vision for such a peaceful sanctuary. If you want yoga this is the place, so many classes, choices & wonderful teachers.. I have to recommend the Spa & all treatments offered, the staff are amazing & highly qualified. Dr Thomas Sladek , a medical doctor specialising in acupuncture is there to provide wonderful treatments, I can especially recommend his acupuncture treatments as I've had several & they have helped me...... especially with my back. So the best way I could recommend Desa Seni.......I've just rebooked to return in November!

Room Tip: All houses are unique. I personally like closer to pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
thomas t, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
So nice to have you back home!!! Through the years as friends come and go, we grow, mature and enjoy the days when we meet again. Such a joy to see friendly, happy, faces come back and share a vision that is not possible with all of you! See you in November!! Terima Kasih Banyak!!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Desa Seni is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed and every moment of my experience there was pure perfection. While I was there, I thought to myself, how am I ever going to describe how wonderful my experience was to my friends and family back home? And I told them that there was not one element that could of been changed to make my experience more perfect. Absolutely everything was pure paradise and perfection. Every sense was satisfied, down to the feeling of the perfect grass under my feet.

My stay was pure paradise and relaxation but I think the best part, apart from the beauty, yoga classes, blissful spa and delicious, gourmet organic food, was the people that work for Desa Seni. Always with the biggest, warmest, most genuine smiles. The staff know your name and take care of your every need.

One of the best was a waiter named Yoga. His smile was so big and so bright. Yoga provided exemplary customer service at every moment. Not only did he make sure we were very well taken care of, but he became a friend - someone interesting and warm to talk to. I think Yoga represents everything that is wonderful about Desa Seni.

I left Desa Seni totally inspired and humbled by it's beauty but mostly by it's people. A huge thank you also to Ihrham, Gede, Citra, and Yudi. Thank you also to the amazing staff working as security in the parking lot.

I can't wait to return one day, and to share this beautiful place with my family and friends.

Room Tip: Every room is heaven on earth. You can't go wrong no matter which one you stay in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
So appreciative of the time and effort to write and let us know. It takes a village to raise a child!!! We look forward to your return, smiles are contagious!! Gratitude!! Appreciation, go such
a long way!! Matur Suksema!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed for a retreat with Emma and Gabor from Yoga Flame. This place is an oasis. The pool is so relaxing and beautiful. The rooms are lovely. I will be back next year to do it all again. The food is sensational! The fried spinach leaf is crunchy and delicious. The spa is heavenly!!!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is such a pleasure to hear from you! Thank you for the time, the smiles you put on the staff's faces! Such a pleasure having you be a part of our vision. See you soon! Terima Kasih! One of the many reasons to wake up every day!!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for almost an entire month while doing a Yoga Teacher's Training course. My experience was above and beyond all my expectations every single day! From delicious organic meals prepared by extraordinary chefs, warm and caring service from the waiters (Yoga, Gede, Irham... All of you!!!), the extraordinary spa (Muli is exceptional), the very special acupuncturist Dr. Thomas Sladek, to the amazing yoga rooms and comfortable and unique accommodation... it is truly a little heaven on earth! I will come back for sure and I recommend this place to everyone.
Thank you for making my experience memorable,
Joannie

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
thomas t, Manager at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Bliss Having Blissology teacher training here! What a great bunch! Thank you for the review, the staff are brimming! Ah, what a great way to start a Sunday! Till the next one! Sampai Jumpa!!
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Desa Seni for one month doing my yoga teacher training and way amazed by the waiters working there. They all learned mine and 40 other peoples names in only a few days. One of the best servers was Yoga, he always had a big smile and helped with anything we needed. I would go back another 100 times just to visit the amazing staff!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! The time! the love! The energy! So great to share vision and passion with others who have similar ones! Thank you and till your next visit, training, adventure! Terima Kasih Banyak!