“Loved it! So peaceful and pampering experience with a strong sense of creativity.”

Desa Seni, A Village Resort
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Canggu
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights and absolutely loved it. The javanese house was amazingly beautiful with lots of creative design details and also lots of privacy. The entire place with staff, food, gardens and pool beam of delight and you feel so looked after and pampered as a guest. I did yoga a couple of times too which was nice.

• Stayed February 2014
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. Reading your review makes it all worthwhile and our staff greatly appreciate the nod and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and wish you many more enjoyable holidays to come! Terima Kasih Banyak!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Desa Seni can be described in one simple word…. Exquisite!!!
Masterfully landscaped, organic, tropical, evoking a "Heaven on Earth" experience.
I arose every morning in the skillful hands of accomplished Yoga instructors with their heart chakra open to impart their knowledge and expertise.
This heavenly experience could not exist without Angels in human form soulfully nurturing Desa Seni.
My heartfelt gratitude to:
Owners,Tom and Howard, the skillful and hospitable office staff: Ikin, Nesa, Awan, Dewit and Citra. The bright smiles of excellent service executed by Irham, Yudi, Mustaka, Kadek, Suarda, Budi, and Rai.
I departed replenished, rejuvenated and most importantly whole!!!! Your Cinderella had a ball.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for such a glowing review. Our team was all thrilled to read their names and we are deeply appreciative of your appreciation. The yoga program is one of our biggest projects very dear to our heart and having you enjoy it so much makes it all worthwhile. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for your kind kind words! Terima Kasih!!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2014

absolutely fell in love with Desa Seni when i stepped in. excellent service and awesome food. the small little attention to details in service, the environment and your surroundings is what makes the difference. the massage was heaven! i came away feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and most importantly truly inspired. salute to the people behind Desa Seni - stay true to your mission and soul. you make this place a wonderful sanctuary for city-goers like me to retreat to. i look forward to coming back. xoxo!

Room Tip: the village house is value for money - ample space and room for 2. its quiet and quaint. love it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank f0lkart
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review and for taking the time to write - it is greatly appreciated and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Your appreciation makes it all worthwhile and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon. Terima Kasih Banyak!!
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Dedicated, elegant, affordable, and unique. There's no other hotel in Bali with this simplicity, beauty and sophistication. You will sleep in a original "Joglo", witch is an Indonesian antique house, surrounded by amazing and beautiful organic gardens. Very nice staff, wonderful and healthy food, great pool and spa, and absolutely quiet. For the first time in my life, I went to meditation classes here, and all I can do is to recommend it to everyone. My wife likes yoga, and she's been busy enjoyng the quality and diversity of the yoga teachers and facilities. Our kids loved the pool and the gardens. Basically, heaven.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pablofabula
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is very much appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future. Its exciting that you were able to try something new and we are glad to have been a part of your new experience! Terima Kasih Banyak!!
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We spent few days end of January at Desa Seni and it was so peaceful and relaxing place that we came back home full of positive energy! We stayed in 2 differents houses and both were beautifully arranged. A really big attention is given to details, the garden is so beautiful, the pool is perfect, the staff is so nice, everyday greeting you with few words and big smile! You cannot be in a bad mood in Desa Seni. The food is delicious! Not to mention that you can see the vegetables that you are eating, growing in the garden!
The yoga class were also very good! I will come back with no hesitation and dream already about my next stay :-)
If you plan to go out, you need a taxi or scooter as there is no places around for diner or a walk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AudMau
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write - we are thrilled to read your review and to know that you enjoyed yourself so much. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Terima Kasih !
Amsterdam
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at Desa Seni for 3 nights in December. I was upgraded to the deluxe village house which was a charming antique cottage. The house was lovely decorated with a lot of colour and detail. It had a private porch with a couch and a table and chairs. The resort is located in a lush garden. The pool area has a nice layout. During my stay a group was doing a retreat, so they didn't use the pool area that much, but as outside guests are also welcome I assume the area can become quite crowded. I didn't have a car and the resort is located in a quiet area so I ate at the resort all three nights. The food was fresh and good, but I would have liked to be in walking distance of some restaurants. The road in front of the resort isn't inviting in that respect. Yoga was included in the price, but I didn't try it. I heard other guests who did and who were very content with the classes. Do try the spa once you're there, I had some wonderful massages. It is on the expensive side for Bali but still way less expensive than the prices back home. The house had a big bathroom, but do note it is an outdoor bathroom.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Suzy737
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - it is very much appreciated. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our philosophy at Desa Seni is one of openness. The pool is in fact open to the public but the pool beds are always reserved for our in-house guests. We do our very best to ensure a pleasant environment while still being an active member of the community here. To this end, if the pool area is busy we will close it to the public to ensure a quiet and peaceful atmosphere for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Desa Seni from 2nd to 4th January 2014 . I truly enjoyed the experience. I went to their excellent yoga and meditation classes, well managed. The number of classes per day is very sufficient to keep me busy. I like the Dewi Sri villa, but because it was booked by someone else before I made my booking, so I had to move to Rumah Gambuh, a 2 bedrooms villa shared with other guest. I dont quite like this villa, I think the bedroom is a bit too small. Anyway, that will mean I have Dewi Sri Villa again when I go there next.

I will definitely come back, and as a matter of fact, I plan to go at least once a month, for the yoga and relaxation.

The spa is also excellent .. Well done, Desa Seni

• Stayed January 2014
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write - it is very much appreciated. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back. All our rooms are in unique one-of-a-kind traditional wooden homes that have been refurbished and modernized but are all unique in some way. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Terima Kasih banyak!!