“A magical place!”

Desa Seni, A Village Resort
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Canggu
Reviewed September 28, 2013

WOW!! Desa Seni is such an AMAZING place and I hope I can give the credit it deserves through a review here. I stayed here only 5 nights at the beginning of my trip here in Bali, wish it was more and that I can come back on a holiday many times more..

The whole resort is sooo beautiful, but there is also so much more that for me it made it the perfect place!! Just LOVE everything!
The whole place- and total philosophy behind it, is so incredible. You can truly feel this is coming from a pure wish of making a difference and creating something very beautiful!

Just by having a eco-/organic resort and choosing that line, is in itself a statement that gives so much respect, because it requires so much more to do that then just not.. Every single piece on the resort is actually hand picked and have a history behind it!

They also have an organic garden and 80 % of what they serve is their own produce. The food is excellent!!

They also yoga schedule that is brilliant!! Many different classes with such a variety, also included dance and music. And the teachers are all just the best, high standard!!
On top of this they also arrange many great events all year around.

Also a lovely Spa with great treatments!

For a complete holiday this is really a magical place!! But they have a true community around it as well,,so the whole Desa Seni is including so much more! I still stay in Bali and am so blessed to be able to still be connected to it all..

All of the owners and staff really deserves so much aknowledgement and positive feedback! They are all so great.. But just want to give a little extra credit to those who saw me and did that little extra for me this time! First; Tom and Howard for doing all of this and taking it up to another level, commiting to such a pure philosophy and vision..Always present and taking care of everybody.. Joseph, the manager that just are a true gem, Gede and Komang in the restaurant, Nyoman for brilliant treatments in the Spa and last, but not least, my beyond amazing yogateacher Daphna!

A small, small suggestion for a possible change, can be more raw food/vegan options..

My best wishes for Desa Senis future! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Helle Marie F
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

WOW on your review!! What a pleasure to read and thank you so much for all your time and effort in posting such a long and wonderful review - it is very much appreciated. I have already printed and posted it on our staff bulletin board and everyone was thrilled to read it. We look forward to welcoming you again and thank you again!! Terima Kasih banyak!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at Desa Seni for 2 nights - and wished I could've stayed much longer.

The staff are incredible. The rooms (and the history behind each room) are beautiful. Desa Seni is a magical place, with a lot of charm. I love walking around at night, or just prior to sunrise, and seeing all the coloured lanterns lit up around the place.

The pool is large, clean, and relaxing. The spa is very nice - much cheaper than Western prices, despite being more expensive than typical Bali prices - but it is luxury!

I love love love that they grow so much organic food - that gets carried into the kitchen each day. The menu is fantastic, and fresh - although not a huge amount of vegetarian or vegans options (but the ones that are there are yum!).

The yoga was excellent - the teachers a great. Although some classes get very packed, so get there early (you have to register at the front desk in advance for each class).

The place is so lovely, you won't even feel the need to go out and about really.

I was able to stay there all day, after checking out, as I had a night flight. So I relaxed and stayed by the pool, and got some spa treatments. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank amoslandrybasket
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will look at expanding our menu options to provide more vegan options, we are always happy to cater to your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again. Terima Kasih banyak!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Desa Seni was simply divine and I really don't want to share with the world, I want it to be my secret haven....but that would not be in the spirit of the place nor of the wonderful people working at Desa Seni. I stayed for 5 nights only but wished I had planned longer.
The classes were all fantastic and teachers were so inspiring and encouraging. I tried everything I could and felt so much positive energy radiating after each session.

The food, from garden bed to plate each day was so fresh, well prepared, healthy and delicious.
My Village house was so authentic and comfortable - it took all of a minute to unwind and leave my city life behind.
I highly recommend Desa Seni and will certainly return. Every element of the stay was spectacular. My only complaint is you need to concentrate and look down while walking on the wooden sleepers - but I would rather be looking up at the beautiful surroundings - its a first world problem (!) but i am sure I could learn quickly. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it is very much appreciated and we are thrilled you enjoyed yourself so much. The staff are always so eager to read the reviews, and it pleases them so much to be mentioned! They and wonderful guests like yourself make it all possible. Thanks to you! Terima Kasih Banyak!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

First time to a yoga retreat & it was amazing all round from the moment we got there...the staff very friendly & all remembered your name, rooms Balinese authentic, food was incredible and organic veges homegrown used with all meals. Attentive to service needs & areas where you can relax by yourself. Had an average massage there, but everything else was superb. Booking next year!

• Stayed: September 2013
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Matur suksema and terima kasih!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

How can you repeat a dream?? I didn't think it was possible until we went back toto Desa Seni for our second visit. We weren't going to go back but the pull was irresistible. And it didn't disappoint!
We made the most of every gorgeous, serene, relaxing, therapeutic minute over 8 days. We had discovered yoga on our first visit there a year ago and became hooked. This time, we maxed out on the classes doing everything from the yoga through to Saffire's wild dance sessions.... in between making the most of the intense and sensational massages or the pristine pool. The food again was delicious and soooo fresh and healthy. The staff so attentive ... especially Kadek who on our last night created a romantic picnic feast where he scattered hand-picked flowers on our tablecloth. How can you beat that?! We love that place so much. Thank you again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Wow...thank you for such a glowing review. Kadek was thrilled to read it and it made his day! We hope we can continue to impress on your future visits, it seems we have a lot to live up to now. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves so much - your appreciation makes it all worthwhile. Terima Kasih dan salam hangat (thank you and warmest regards!)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at Desa Seni and I feel amazing! I arrive stressed and rundown and leave with a new sense of purpose, completely relaxed and invigorated. Desa Seni is a truly unforgettable experience. From the moment you arrive, you are escorted to your own private house and given a tour and a beautiful welcome juice! The next day you open up your door to paradise. I stayed in Wungsu and loved it as it was a private space that you could retreat to. I ke the resort only twice as I just loved the peace and tranquility of the resort. It's definitely the place you could go by yourself, it's a friendly atmosphere and the staff are amazing and take great care of you. The spa staff are fantastic (Muli is exceptional), the restaurant staff are so welcoming, nothing is ever a problem and the reception crew are all helpful and genuine. The food is delicious and healthy, you won't want to eat anywhere else. And the yoga is amazing, you can dip in and out of it as you like. Also try the NIA dance with Sapphire - I loved it. Thank you to everyone at Desa Seni for a beautiful experience, I'll be back.

Room Tip: Wungsu is away from the main area, so nice and quiet but the wildlife (frogs and lizards!) can be no...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne-Marie C
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

We really appreciate your time and thank you for writing such a kind review. I have just printed and posted it on our bulletin board for the staff to all read. Terima Kasih banyak (thank you so much) and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I spent eight days at Desa Seni. The place is a paradise! The organic food they serve is amazing. There are so many choices (each of them delicious) that it is difficilt to decide which one to order. The yoga classes are fantastic. I also had individual meditiation and pranayama lessons with Angela, who is the best yoga teacher I have ever head ! It is also worth to participate in other classes such as Kundalini yoga with Daphna (amazing experience) and Dance into Being with Saffire (dance I will always remember). The staff is super helpful and kind. They really care of the guests and make sure that everything is perfect. I will definitely come back to Desa Seni.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Katarzyna T
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind review - it is very much appreciated. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed yourself so much and will pass your sweet comments to our staff who make it all happen as if magically. Matur Suksema, Thank You!!