“Zen Plus”

Desa Seni, A Village Resort
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Canggu
“Zen Plus”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

First time to a yoga retreat & it was amazing all round from the moment we got there...the staff very friendly & all remembered your name, rooms Balinese authentic, food was incredible and organic veges homegrown used with all meals. Attentive to service needs & areas where you can relax by yourself. Had an average massage there, but everything else was superb. Booking next year!

• Stayed September 2013
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Matur suksema and terima kasih!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 8, 2013

How can you repeat a dream?? I didn't think it was possible until we went back toto Desa Seni for our second visit. We weren't going to go back but the pull was irresistible. And it didn't disappoint!
We made the most of every gorgeous, serene, relaxing, therapeutic minute over 8 days. We had discovered yoga on our first visit there a year ago and became hooked. This time, we maxed out on the classes doing everything from the yoga through to Saffire's wild dance sessions.... in between making the most of the intense and sensational massages or the pristine pool. The food again was delicious and soooo fresh and healthy. The staff so attentive ... especially Kadek who on our last night created a romantic picnic feast where he scattered hand-picked flowers on our tablecloth. How can you beat that?! We love that place so much. Thank you again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Wow...thank you for such a glowing review. Kadek was thrilled to read it and it made his day! We hope we can continue to impress on your future visits, it seems we have a lot to live up to now. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves so much - your appreciation makes it all worthwhile. Terima Kasih dan salam hangat (thank you and warmest regards!)
Sydney
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have just returned from a 6 night stay at Desa Seni and I feel amazing! I arrive stressed and rundown and leave with a new sense of purpose, completely relaxed and invigorated. Desa Seni is a truly unforgettable experience. From the moment you arrive, you are escorted to your own private house and given a tour and a beautiful welcome juice! The next day you open up your door to paradise. I stayed in Wungsu and loved it as it was a private space that you could retreat to. I ke the resort only twice as I just loved the peace and tranquility of the resort. It's definitely the place you could go by yourself, it's a friendly atmosphere and the staff are amazing and take great care of you. The spa staff are fantastic (Muli is exceptional), the restaurant staff are so welcoming, nothing is ever a problem and the reception crew are all helpful and genuine. The food is delicious and healthy, you won't want to eat anywhere else. And the yoga is amazing, you can dip in and out of it as you like. Also try the NIA dance with Sapphire - I loved it. Thank you to everyone at Desa Seni for a beautiful experience, I'll be back.

Room Tip: Wungsu is away from the main area, so nice and quiet but the wildlife (frogs and lizards!) can be no...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne-Marie C
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We really appreciate your time and thank you for writing such a kind review. I have just printed and posted it on our bulletin board for the staff to all read. Terima Kasih banyak (thank you so much) and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I spent eight days at Desa Seni. The place is a paradise! The organic food they serve is amazing. There are so many choices (each of them delicious) that it is difficilt to decide which one to order. The yoga classes are fantastic. I also had individual meditiation and pranayama lessons with Angela, who is the best yoga teacher I have ever head ! It is also worth to participate in other classes such as Kundalini yoga with Daphna (amazing experience) and Dance into Being with Saffire (dance I will always remember). The staff is super helpful and kind. They really care of the guests and make sure that everything is perfect. I will definitely come back to Desa Seni.

1 Thank Katarzyna T
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review - it is very much appreciated. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed yourself so much and will pass your sweet comments to our staff who make it all happen as if magically. Matur Suksema, Thank You!!
Muizenberg, South Africa
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Loved every unforgettable minute of our stay! Truly special place! Amazing food! Lovely staff! Fell in love with our little historical house! Amazing attention to detail! Excellent yoga! Wonderful retreat into nature! Every vegetable and tree is named. Every article of decor in your room and a history linked to it is provided for your pleasure. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Octopus' Garden R
Terima Kasih (thank you) for taking the time to write and review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and the appreciation makes it all worthwhile. We welcome you "home" with open arms on your next Bali visit. Terima Kasih Banyak.
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been living and traveling Asia for over 7 years, and this trip was my 5th visit to Bali. Desa Seni was PERFECT. The room, the food, the yoga, the service, the other guests... I could not have asked for more. I will be back as soon as I possibly can. Thank you for a lovely, rejuvenating visit. Hope to see you again soon :)

1 Thank Julie H
Howard K, Owner at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks for such a lovely review. With guests like you, we also cannot ask for more. Your enjoyment and appreciation make it all worthwhile. Terima Kasih banyak and we look forward to welcoming you back at any time!!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Looking to have some down time in Bali I booked my first 2 nights of my holiday at Desa Seni. However, as soon as I entered the grounds I fell in love and extended my stay for the entirety of the trip. As a solo traveller, I felt like I was part of a wonderful community.The food (mostly grown on premise) it exceptional, the staff incredible (they all know your name) and the accommodation beautiful. Best of all the yoga is incredible and classes are free to guests.

Desa Sei also has a warm heart, with a plastic-free policy, an internship program for Bali orphans and even free bicycle hire.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and private (there's only 13 in total), however I stayed in a Village House
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to write, your review is very much appreciated. Our community is always enhanced with guests like yourself and we are thrilled you felt so welcomed. Our staff thank you too for the kind thought, they are the ones that make it all possible. We look forward to welcoming you back. Terima Kasih!!