This hotel has so much untapped potential, the location is superb and grounds neat and tidy. Our room was clean but smelt of mildew (fairly common in Bali). We had a pleasant room on the ground floor that faced the ocean and pool; it was beautiful listening to the wave’s crash on Canguu beach. While it is quite out of the way, walking up and around the area with rice paddies, chickens and cows to look at was fun. I'll say generally speaking it was a pleasant two night stay.
I will not however not be booking another stay here. Firstly, I really don’t appreciate being stared at by a gaggle of stray dogs while I’m eating breakfast, nor that they seem to have complete free reign of the place. They wonder in and out of the hotel from the beach, they sleep on the dining room floor, follow you from the breakfast counter to your table, they drink from the pool and defecate on the lawns. We also had a pregnant cat take up residence on our porch, she slept on the chairs and even left a rat on the door step - she meowed constantly too. While she was lounging on our chair one morning a dog wandered over and would obviously not leave, the cat was hissing and spitting while the dog danced around barking. We watched from inside, several staff walked passed while this was taking place and barely gave them a second glance. The hotel staff are clearly very accustomed to having the animals around and dodge dogs to get food to tables.
It was all a bit too much for us, we explained to staff that we didn’t feel relaxed staying and requested to leave early, after some negotiation we had to pay 50% on the 3rd night’s rate, instead of the entire amount. While the staff were generally pleasant I really did not feel at anytime they went out of their way to make our stay more comfortable.
It was such a shame, this hotel could be amazing with a little more effort put in by management and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legong Keraton Beach Hotel offers beach front tranquility with a Balinese ambiance. It boasts an outdoor pool, spa and a beachfront restaurant and bar.FACILITIES: With a children’s pool and babysitting facilities young visitors are well catered for. For adults a large pool and massage service provide an opportunity to relax after trawling the streets of north Kuta. An on call Doctor and laundry are amongst the services offered. Traditional Balinese massages and herbal treatments are on offer at Pasir the Spa. The hotel also offers bike rental, tour bookings and childcare services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Legong Keraton Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legong Keraton Beach Canggu
- Legong Keraton Beach Hotel Bali/Canggu