“Perfect venue, kid friendly and relaxed but unfortunately service lets it down!”
Review of Kakilima - CLOSED

Kakilima
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Starting with the positives! The view, the setting, the grass, the space! Our children loved running and playing on the grass at sunset. And we loved relaxing and watching them. The table we booked was perfect- and the service began well with drinks and our starters. Unfortunately after eventually tracking a waitress down and finally ordering our main meals- we then began our wait for these to arrive. My daughters fish and chips arrived - but nothing else! I had read reviews about teething issues and service so we didn't worry. Our children were happily entertained so we were not in a rush. However when our waitress then arrived stating she had our bill - we were disappointed! A bill managed to get to us (without asking for it) but our other 2 main meals hadn't! . After explaining that we were still waiting for 2 main meals we hoped they might arrive quickly. But after a further 15 or so minutes we decided to head home a little hungry.
It's a shame because kakilima is the perfect relaxed destination especially with children at sunset! I hope the issues with service can be ironed out because then it would be perfect!

Agus S, Manager at Kakilima, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Rudy0001974,

Thank you for your sharing your thoughts with us.

Firstly, we'd like to sincerely apologize for not being able to deliver the experience you should expect from Kakilima. We have shared your experience with the team and I personally would like to apologize for our shortfalls. Thorough training sessions on improving our service standards have been given to the team and we hope we have another chance to redeem ourselves to you.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback as it is through feedback such as these that we can constantly evaluate and improve our performance.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Kakilima is so cool, so chilled, so charming and the food is so delicious I can’t wait to have the opportunity to eat there again.
My husband and I visited for a lovely dinner, but also hang out with our kids there during the afternoon.
The atmosphere of the place is incredible.
During the day it is as family friendly as it gets. Kids play in the immaculate lawn by the beach, running around, playing football or chasing each other, they are barefoot, shirtless and happy!
After a magical sunset the night comes and there is such a good vibe!
The food is delicious. I had the mixed seafood brochettes and my husband had the 8h slow cooked pork chops. They were perfect.
What more can I say? The perfect place for a delicious and relaxed meal.

Dear Ana O,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Kakilima.

Our landscape and ambiance definitely has a magical feel in it. With beautiful unrivaled sunset view and a glass of our classic sangria, nothing could be better. :)

We hope you'll visit soon and try our other mouth watering menu that the Chef have recently created.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have been to Kakilima a couple of times and just love it. The location is fabulous and I have found the service to be very good and the food excellent. The grassy space in front of the restaurant is a plus and I admit that it is a good place for kids to play but PLEASE, parents, can't you keep an eye on them? There are tables in front where there are often couples without kids and they don't really need to have screaming kids during their meal. The other night the kids broke a lovely little blue table and then just snuck back to the parents' table. The parents, of course, were completely oblivious!! They can play, but please supervise them a little!
Anyhow, we do enjoy coming here and agree that it is fast becoming a favourite! I have eaten both prawns on a skewer and a steak and both dishes were extremely tasty.

1  Thank ilab

Dear Ilab,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our food and ambiance at Kakilima. I have informed the team of your pleasant comments and it is what keeps us motivated to deliver our best service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you at our lunch or dinner period starting from 12.00pm onwards.

Jesse

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Finally a restaurant in Canggu worth recommending. A very special place with a super cool energy. And if that's not enough, the food is one of the best I had in Bali.

This is how Bali should feel like... beautiful sunset, kids playing on the giant lawn facing the beach, unpretentious but delicious food, great music and awesome vibe.

The service is not super fast but hey I wasn't in a hurry to leave the place. I'm definitely coming back before heading home.

Dear GlobalJ10,

I am very pleased to read that you had a fantastic time at Kakilima and felt that it was the right place to visit in Bali. We are now also open for lunch and dinner from 12.00pm to 9.30pm daily, except Mondays.

We look forward to welcoming you back again with our new entertainments (acoustic, guitarist, trampoline, etc) and of course a well improved service team.

Jesse G

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The great place to stay with kids, family, friends and a very romantic place for couples, amazing sunset, gorgeous view!!!
Food is amazing, so delicious! Now they are working for the lunch time,
thank you very much for this beautiful restaurant, absolutely Ill come again

Dear Marina F,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to read that you've truly enjoyed your visit at Kakilima and have become a regular guest with us.

We are now open all day (lunch & dinner) from 12.00pm - 9.30pm because of the support from loyal guests such as yourself. We will also continue to create more interesting menu and other fun activities at Kakilima.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Kakilima!