“Great sangria, nice atmosphere”
Review of La Finca Bali

La Finca Bali
Ranked #25 of 264 Restaurants in Canggu
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Finca is an authentic, rustic Ibizan/Spanish Mediterranean dining experience where everything is home-prepared with fresh, organic ingredients, using traditional, artisan methods and recipes.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

La Finca is a little out on its own location-wise, and not near other shops or bars, but worth making the trip. The open dining area, great sangrias and quirky decor are great for dinner. The menu favours carnivores, and is tasty, fresh and while not warung pricing, is good value.

1  Thank 0ceania
LaFincaBali, Owner at La Finca Bali, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! While we do try to offer enough seafood and vegetarian options, we definitely aim to please the carnivores as well. We are introducing new dishes very soon, e.g. slow-roasted and grilled pork ribs with a honey-dijon-lemon marinade. Hopefully we'll see you again soon for you to sample the newbies :)

There are newer reviews for La Finca Bali

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food. A real taste of Spain in Bali. Great drinks and a great host in Thomas. Made us feel very welcome. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived but we were allocated a table in a reasonable timeframe and our meals didn't take too long to come out. We had a range of Tapas and a couple of mains. All the food was excellent. We'll definitely be back next time we are in Bali.

Thank you so much! It was a real pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you back on the island and at La Finca soon! :)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We walked down from our villa - maybe dicing with death along Canggu's winding streets heightened our appetites and appreciation for life, as this was a real high point of our holiday so far.

Thomas the owner is a star and his personal attention immediately made us feel at home. The other staff were also excellent, as was the food and the atmosphere.

Lots of yummy vegetarian options that had the meat eaters clamouring to try.

We tried a wide variety of items off the menu & all were sensational. Dessert was particularly superb as evidenced by us having 3 servings!!

Relaxed, unpretentious, and genuinely good. We'll be back for sure...

It was really great meeting you all! Sorry about my delay in responding. Thank you so much for your kind words :) I had a lot of fun meeting you and look forward to seeing you back at La Finca soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a restaurant I MUST go to every time I visit Bali. They serve fantastic food with fair prices and great ambience. It's unpretentious.

Salads are always fresh. If you like juicy tender pork meat with crunchy crackling skin, go for their suckling pig. The meat is so tender it melts in your mouth. I recently had their 900gr Wagyu shared among four. It was cooked to perfection! (My tummy is rumbling as I write this) Finally, I always leave room for the desserts. I love their churros which are served with thick and indulgent dark chocolate sauce, and their cheesecake drizzled with berry sauce. Their sangrias are also very nice and refreshing.

The only downside about La Finca is the smoke from the oven. I always leave that place smelling like a chimney. But if that's the price I have to pay for all the good food I mentioned above, it's worth it.

LaFincaBali, General Manager at La Finca Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and review! We can already guess some of your favorites from the detailed description and look forward to serving them again on your next visit :) We certainly are a place for meat lovers but do also have good vegetarian options. Our desserts are all 100% home-made. We also do try to be 'un-pretentious' as you mentioned. The food we serve is comfortable food and naturally we try to keep the ambiance and experience as a whole the same. Sorry about the smoke! We are currently working on fixing the chimney of our grill... on an unlucky day with the wrong wind direction, the smoke from the grill's chimney can waft into the restaurant some. We have now placed a fan nearby to blow any smoke that attempts to come into the restaurant away... until the chimney renovation work is completed.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had dinner here a week ago and after reading the reviews we were really looking forward to dinner. We were told about the special Gin and Tonic cocktail and told it was really popular. What a dissapointment, the drink looked amazing but there was zero gin in this drink or if there was they must have waved the gin bottle over it. All hype no subtance. We ordered some tapas which were very good. We were hungry so decided to order a main meal each. The options are not huge and most are great sounding burgers with homemade bread. I ordered a pork burger with lovely sounding spices. The burger was rare (like not cooked at all in the middle) now I like my steak medium rare but a pork burger? My husband ordered a beef burger and again it was raw inside. This place is not cheap and maybe we just went on an off night but for the price they charge I will not take the chance of going back when there are so many other good places to eat at in Bali.

We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner at La Finca. For the mishaps on the burgers I deeply apologize. Thank you for alerting us of this issue... we have looked into this with the grill. This is obviously a big mistake on our part bringing out undercooked burgers, especially a pork one. Regarding our house-gin/tonic, I am a bit surprised to hear this. Making sure we do not under-pour is a point we stress the most with the bar. We certainly do not dilute our recipes or alcohol. In response to your review, I shall remind the bar again to pay careful attention to always giving full pours. The gin we use for the gin/tonic is called London No. 1... it truly is a top-notch gin that has converted many die-hard Hendrick's fans over the nights.