“Must -Go Destination”

La Finca Bali
Ranked #25 of 254 Restaurants in Canggu
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Finca is an authentic, rustic Ibizan/Spanish Mediterranean dining experience where everything is home-prepared with fresh, organic ingredients, using traditional, artisan methods and recipes.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Must -Go Destination”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a restaurant I MUST go to every time I visit Bali. They serve fantastic food with fair prices and great ambience. It's unpretentious.

Salads are always fresh. If you like juicy tender pork meat with crunchy crackling skin, go for their suckling pig. The meat is so tender it melts in your mouth. I recently had their 900gr Wagyu shared among four. It was cooked to perfection! (My tummy is rumbling as I write this) Finally, I always leave room for the desserts. I love their churros which are served with thick and indulgent dark chocolate sauce, and their cheesecake drizzled with berry sauce. Their sangrias are also very nice and refreshing.

The only downside about La Finca is the smoke from the oven. I always leave that place smelling like a chimney. But if that's the price I have to pay for all the good food I mentioned above, it's worth it.

• Visited August 2013
LaFincaBali, General Manager at La Finca Bali, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and review! We can already guess some of your favorites from the detailed description and look forward to serving them again on your next visit :) We certainly are a place for meat lovers but do also have good vegetarian options. Our desserts are all 100% home-made. We also do try to be 'un-pretentious' as you mentioned. The food we serve is comfortable food and naturally we try to keep the ambiance and experience as a whole the same. Sorry about the smoke! We are currently working on fixing the chimney of our grill... on an unlucky day with the wrong wind direction, the smoke from the grill's chimney can waft into the restaurant some. We have now placed a fan nearby to blow any smoke that attempts to come into the restaurant away... until the chimney renovation work is completed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
“Do not understand the hype about this place.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had dinner here a week ago and after reading the reviews we were really looking forward to dinner. We were told about the special Gin and Tonic cocktail and told it was really popular. What a dissapointment, the drink looked amazing but there was zero gin in this drink or if there was they must have waved the gin bottle over it. All hype no subtance. We ordered some tapas which were very good. We were hungry so decided to order a main meal each. The options are not huge and most are great sounding burgers with homemade bread. I ordered a pork burger with lovely sounding spices. The burger was rare (like not cooked at all in the middle) now I like my steak medium rare but a pork burger? My husband ordered a beef burger and again it was raw inside. This place is not cheap and maybe we just went on an off night but for the price they charge I will not take the chance of going back when there are so many other good places to eat at in Bali.

• Visited August 2013
We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dinner at La Finca. For the mishaps on the burgers I deeply apologize. Thank you for alerting us of this issue... we have looked into this with the grill. This is obviously a big mistake on our part bringing out undercooked burgers, especially a pork one. Regarding our house-gin/tonic, I am a bit surprised to hear this. Making sure we do not under-pour is a point we stress the most with the bar. We certainly do not dilute our recipes or alcohol. In response to your review, I shall remind the bar again to pay careful attention to always giving full pours. The gin we use for the gin/tonic is called London No. 1... it truly is a top-notch gin that has converted many die-hard Hendrick's fans over the nights.
Kakadu National Park, Darwin
“A welcome newcomer”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The owners of La Finca have recently taken over from Embun, and have made such a difference.
The quality and range of the food, especially the tapas, is delightful. The different sangrias are so refreshing.
The ambiance of this place is amazing, so many happy diners.
We visited twice in two weeks, and will be going back regularly.
Book ahead.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Knowing that you enjoyed your experience at La Finca gives us the ultimate satisfaction and makes us very happy. We hope that we will continue to deliver and have you keep coming back :) Till the next visit!
Bali, Indonesia
“Beautiful bamboo restaurant”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went with my husband for dinner. We tried different kinds of pasta. They are good. The prices are ok. At this moment they only open for dinner.

Visited July 2013
Thank you for your kind review! I believe your iphone may have auto-corrected 'Tapas' to 'Pastas' :) We hope that you will be back soon. By the way our lunch menu will be launched very soon and we will be having a few artisan-style noodle dishes on that menu. Till very soon!
Sydney
“Not good”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

La Finca is new so I have wanted to check it out for some time while watching it get ready for business. It looks great inside has a lovely garden bar in front and good atmosphere so big ticks there.

Right where do I start?

The cocktails and beers took over 25 minuets to arrive at the table. This did not happen just once it happened every time we placed an order. In fact the whole meal took a long time to be served to the table. So no drinks and no food, not a good start.

We had tapas to start; sharing meatballs, which were tasteless, crumbed calamari, which was very tough and more crumbs than calamari, and the bread was stale. 5 in our group ordered the 21-day-old suckling pig after being described by the owner it would melt in your mouth. When it arrived each of us was served an almost inedible cut of meat, or should I say no meat just bone. And how can it be that the best part of pork, the crackling, was chewy and tasteless. The pork was served with chucky chips, which were lukewarm and had been sitting around for a while. 1 other dish was the stuffed chicken breast, which was over cooked and dry. For deserts we ordered the churros with hot chocolate sauce and the chocolate mouse, what we got was churros and cheesecake. We figured there was no point correcting them as things took so long. The churros were not freshly cooked and the cheesecake was frozen.

Whist the place was busy it was not full and there was at least 10 staff or more on the floor which is plenty to service a restaurant of this size. The staff where buzzing around with little direction from a manager even though the owners seemed to be in house.

As a summary it looks good but it's not and I feel it's got a lot of work to do in regards to the food and service to get to the standard of other restaurants in Bali and the price that they are charging.

I know I won’t be going again.

• Visited August 2013
LaFincaBali, General Manager at La Finca Bali, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed ourselves to learn that you did not receive a good experience on your visit and that you won't be giving La Finca a second chance. We deeply apologize. Your observation was actually correct in that there was no manager on-site that evening. During the Ramadhan time we are without some of our key team-members (several leave to go home during this important local holiday), which admittedly required a few adjustments from our side. In regards to the timing, we became aware of the bottlenecks and issues and have addressed them. Aside from that, we have taken careful note of all your feedback. Thank you for this... Again, we deeply apologize for what was a disappointing experience. Perhaps you would be open to giving us another chance again in the future.