“Highlight of my Bali Vacation”
Review of Desa Seni Yoga

Desa Seni Yoga
Ranked #6 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Canggu
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Practicing yoga in a middle of a beautiful garden was simply perfect. Birds chirping. A light breeze coming across the pavilion. Lizards peeking at you from the roof. I loved everything about the venue. It was ideal. The staff at the reception desk are warm and welcoming. I didn't stay at Desa Seni, so I took a taxi nearly every day from the W to attend yoga classes. It took me about 25 minutes and it was worth every second. They were also very kind and attentive and were happy to call me a taxi back to the W. I strongly recommend that you arrive early! I went to four different classes and they filled up very quickly with lots of people. The instructors are well educated, kind, and the classes were thoughtful, challenging and good quality. A friendly environment for all levels of yogis.

All reviews
"flow class"
"relaxation area"
"organic food"
"private class"
"vinyasa class"
in 2 reviews
"definitely recommend this place"
"ginger tea"
"gong"
"yogi"
"namaste"

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I promise: I have never seen a place of such an enchanting beauty in my life.
As soon as you enter in Desa Seni you feel you are in a magical place: right away you can feel in the air the energy and the love that sourround that place.
This location let you go out of the ordanary world to enter and explore the extraordinary world.
Friendly and smiling people welcome you trying to let you experience an unfrgettable journey whether it is for yoga, for accomodate, relax and chill out around the pool, for a delicious healthy meal or just to admire that wonderful place.
I reccomend to join a yoga class, teachers are all incredibles, i have never meet people so magnetic and charming. Can you imagine a yoga class in an oasi teached by fascinating masters?
I focused my practise on ashtanga, class led by Angela, my teacher and my musa.
She is the incarnation of serenity and kindness. She is radiant and her light spreads all over.
She is able to create mystic atmosphere during her class that let you go deeper into your practise.
I truly reccomend you to know her because she can really inspire you while during her yoga class she teachs you and transmit you her knowledge.
After the class i always felt full of energy and regenerate, and this feeling made me really joyfull.
Love makes the world go round. It is love that bring peace and desa seni is pure love.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Amazing grounds, fabulous classes - even if you are not staying here it is beautiful way to wake up to a new day in Bali. Most classes are for all levels so perfectly fine if you are new to yoga.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I only did the one class unfortunately, as I didn't find out about it until too late. Luckily it wasn't too far from Echo Beach / Canggu via scooter. Desa Seni was recommended to me, by two different people staying at my accommodation, and their website offers good information as to class types and times.

When you arrive you go to a little hut to register and pay for the class. They must have assumed I had been there before, as I had to ask where to go and what the protocols were, so someone took me to the waiting hut and explained the setting there etc.

The class was a L2 Vinyasa Bhakti Flow class taken by Octavio - he was very good with his pace, explanations, encouragement, techniques etc. I found the 90 minute class wonderful, and setting in the open-air pondok with the breeze, sun, greenery etc very rejuvenating (despite the ever-present noises from scooters and construction nearby!).

One concern was that the place to leave belongings was open-air as well and a little away from the yoga platform - so bring the right money and take no valuables just in case. The other concern was that the space was limited and we kept fitting in more and more people, so it meant some of the moves had to be restricted or modified so you didn't inadvertently hit your neighbour. I was glad that I arrived early for this class!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I can't say enough great things about Desa Seni. It is a complete oasis on an already beautiful island.
I was staying in Seminyak, so it's a short cab ride from there, and headed there for yoga in the morning and a massage in the afternoon. In between, I lounged in the cabanas reading and had a delicious lunch, made from veggies that they grow in the garden.
The yoga class was fantastic - from the open air hut (there is nothing like gazing out into lush garden in the middle of a challenging pose to feel so blessed and grateful), to the amazing instructor who took us through a warming sequence of vinyasa flow.
All of the staff at Desa Seni are so friendly and welcoming. The grounds are gorgeous and perfectly maintained. The massage was great as well, I loved the lemongrass and ginger tea they serve afterwards. So relaxing...
I have been raving about it and look forward to coming back.