“Good but.....”

La Mexicana
Ranked #10 of 254 Restaurants in Canggu
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We use as much as possible organic fruit and vegetables and wash them in purified water. Ice cubes are made of mineral water and we fry our gluten free Tacos and Corn Chips several times daily in cholesterol free Coconut Oil ! Enjoy your dinner ( we also have Vegetarian options) with great cocktails and sub-zero cooled beers served in a ice-bucket, in our unique and amazing Mexican cactus garden. Unlike many other restaurants, most of our food ingredients are imported from Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the United States and therefore subject to high import taxes and transportation costs. But we are still able to prepare large, delicious meals for a very moderate price. Our team hopes to welcome you soon in " LA MEXICANA " all week from 4pm-10pm.
Bologna, Italy
“Good but.....”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have lived in California for a while and tried mexican food several times, both in restaurants and at home of mexican friends; this place in Canggu is very good and offers most of the famous mexican dishes (which are also the most common) in a nice atmosphere and beautiful garden.
BUT I don't quite understand why they have to put Coriander everywhere, as this is not the original receipt.. my mexican friends always taught me that the real Guacamolle is only made with avocados, black pepper, salt, lime, tomate and sometimes garlic. Same as for Salsa Pico de Gallo... it should only be with tomatoes, onions and chillies.
Coriander has a really strong flavour and covers up all the good taste of food; also, not all people like it and me and my friends could not eat most of the dishes in La Mexicana because coriander was everywhere. And last but not least, using coriander is not the original mexican recipe.
If it wasn't for this reason, I'd go to La Mexicana every day.

• Indonesian first
Bali
“Amazing ambience and great food!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have come here twice in 10 days. The food is excellent, I recommend specially the "Plato muy grande" to get a taste of everything if you are not sure what to choose. Their Nachos are big and crispy. Also their mixed juice is all berries and very refreshing. The music and the mexican cactus garden behing feels like Mejico!!! They should expect us back in a few days!

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I liked pretty much everything about the place. The design is great. Open spaces, brilliant cactus garden. The food was excellent. Had chicken and beef fajitas. The meat was very tender, excellent portion size and all the fillings you could hope for - Mexican rice, shredded lettuce, refried beans, cheese, guacamole, salsa, sour cream. Service was prompt and with a genuinely friendly smile. Thought the price was absolutely fine. US$9 per person for the excellent Fajitas. Bottle of Sol to wash it down was US$5, when in most places it would be US$8 or9. For my taste it could have been a little spicier, but they do bring 3 sauces to add a little heat if you want. Spoke to the manager/owner and he told us that they would make it spicier if asked. Problem is, the waitress never asked and I can't remember it saying anything about this on the menu.

I would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone. They really care about giving good service and good food, and you don't always see that in Bali.

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Some thing different in Bali !”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We just had our beautiful lunch in la mexicana. Good food , good environment and very good Internet access which is rare in whole Indonesia !

The staffs are so friendly and also smily.

Over all this place is highly recommended by me to any tex mex lovers who are traveling to Bali.

One thing is missing is a web site which I couldn't find any to know more about this fine restaurant.

Hong Kong, China
“tex mex”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

this place was good. i'd go back. tex mex stye. like you'd make at home. didn'y have things like ceviche etc. but had all the normal dishes, burrito's, fajita's, taco's.

my villa was close to it. ill go back there when i return to bali. also teh decor was nice. the cactus garden out the back is cool.

big and open spot. probably good for large groups.