“Best host and amazing place to stay !”
Review of Riviera House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canggu
Riviera House
Ranked #4 of 117 Canggu B&B and Inns
Miami, Australia
“Best host and amazing place to stay !”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Riviera House became home in Canggu really quickly for me and I want to thank Milo for this. Not only you will get a nice, clean and comfortable room, but also you meet an outstanding host who cares about the people and will help you out with good advices for your trip. He knows about surf and all the great local places. I really liked the shared kitchen and the veranda where we could have breakfast or diner with the other guest. It's also the only place in Bali in a whole month where I cooked my own meal, just because sometimes it's so nice to cook for yourself and not eat out! I also enjoyed the convenient location, walking distance from 2 amazing coffee/breakfast/lunch places (Humming bird and Green Ginger). I stayed in 3 different places in Canggu and Riviera House was the one I would recommend the most.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have lived in this great place almost one month, while we were looking for a house where to move in.
The house is situated in small calm street, just few meters from the main street, where everything you need is located. Like Ketut's shop for almost everything you need or Hungry Bird for excellent breakfast and lunch.
The house has 3 rooms downstairs, one big appartament upstairs and one gazebo. Every room has different design and feeling, all are very stylish. For us, the bathroom should be better, maybe renovated, because there is difference between the very nice renovated room and the bathroom. At all, the room is really nice, with AC, hot water and everything you need, like mosquito killer :).
You can use fully equipped kitchen, but you can have your meal for 1 EUR, so maybe you will not use it.
There is a big garden, where you can sit down on the grass and chill(during our stay there were many chickens, which make excrements. There was a man who cleaned it every morning, but still there were some. After we moved to our house, the chicken were killed, so this is not a problem any more :).
Milo and Lenka will show you everything you need for a great stay (restaurants, laundry, beaches), rent a motorbike or car, rent a surf and give you a surf lessons.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Petr83
Voronezh, Voronezh, Russia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent three wonderful weeks of his vacation in house Milo and Lenka! Great location of the house. Located near the best surfing spots on Canggu. Nice area, lots of lovely restaurants around. Wonderful room, very stylish design, and facilities available. Very friendly hosts, interesting guests and no problems. Milo helped me with a rental motorbike. It was a beautiful red Scoopy, I already miss him terribly :) And the guys are happy to help in areas such as: taxi, information on the area and the island, interesting places nearby. Lenka is also a great surf instructor, my friend went for a drive with her and was very pleased. I was very happy! My next vacation on Bali I will going visit to Milo and Lenka again! Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent two nights at The Riviera House and had a great experience. Milo and Lenka are amazing hosts who make you feel right at home from the very beginning. The accommodations are great. They offer breakfast service, surf lessons, scooter rental and much more to help you get an authentic Balinese experience. They also called us cab drivers when we needed, and gave us directions to great nearby places including Tanalot. I would highly recommend Canggu as a great place to stay and The Riviera house as your choice of accommodations. A+

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SparkSeeker
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 21, 2013

First and foremost, I have stayed in many places before during my travels but I have never written a review for any. Somehow, my experience in Riviera House propels me to want to say something about them. Spent 5 days here and it was absolutely amazing.

Location: I was on a little retreat so I wanted to be away from all the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Seminyak, and Riviera House's location in Canggu is perfect. It is self sufficient as the house is really near the beach, yoga centre and great food!

Room: Clean, modern, artistic, good a/c.

Service: It really felt like visiting friends. Milo was very welcoming and it was like coming home at the end of the day. If you have any questions or requests, just ask, and he will do his best to provide solutions, including catering for a personal motorcycle taxi ride to Ubud when he couldn't find a reasonably priced transport there! Btw, if you ask, he can also throw in a free counseling session by a Czech during the motorcycling session too ;)

All in all, it's a place that I would return to.
Looking forward to going "Home" again soon to see Milo, Lenka & of course, the boss the house, Board! Děkuji!

Room Tip: I chose the Velvet Room because it has a private balcony, which was great. However, it also comes wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 40litres
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent the first two nights on Bali at Riviera House because we wanted to see more of the Island. After a short trip around and to the Gilis, we figured out that Canggu and especially Riviera House is absolutly the best place to be!! So we came back for another three nigths. Milo and Lenka are the perfect hosts. They were very nice and helpful! They take care of all your needs...Motorbike... surf lessons..horse riding...Taxis. We didn't feel like being guests. It was like visiting good old friends. We immediately felt like being home! We had great surf lesson with Lenka und Milo made a delicious BBQ in the paradise-like garden. The rooms are very spacious, very clean and very comfortable. Very good airconditioning! The Riviera House and its garden is the perfect spot for relaxing outside and enjoying some silence besides the busy places on Bali. Not to forget to mention the great authentic neighborhood, delicious restaurants and a wonderful beach without big Hotels around!
We spend some awesome days at the Riviera House and met awesome people. Our stay at the Riviera House was perfect! Thank you Milo&Lenka for everything! Hope to see you again!

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Room has a moskito-net, which you actually don't really need.. but it's good t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed April 13, 2013

me and my boyfriend stayed for 5 nights at the end of our trip through indonesia on bali.
the riviera house was exactly what we were looking for. staying away from crazy kuta and and being somewhere close to the ocean where you can hang out with other surfers and share the experience and go surfing together. and we even had a berlin "street" style room in canggu. we felt like home - only difference was that it was clean and not kind a dirty like back home in berlin on the streets :-)
milo is a great guy - he showed us around the area by motorbike and made our stay as pleasant as possible. one night milo and lenka made fish barbecue for the crowd and we got a shot of their czech schnaps :-)
so if your are looking for a relaxed & chilled place on bali this is the place to be.
keep on rocking guys - good luck with everything - and never forget: pelan pelan tapi pasti!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple