All reviewsred doorrice paddiesbeautiful roomamazing villasurf spotsparadisebaliluxurychillkadekmotorbike
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This villa carves a perfect line between luxury and homeliness. The design of the place is wonderful and the staff are brilliant. They even managed to locate a bag for me that I had left in an unknown taxi the day before. I really liked the location, close to the beach and in a beautiful quiet neighbourhood. Waking up to the sound of the river at the bottom of the garden and the beautiful rice paddies in the distance was a highlight. We also had some fantastic meals cooked for us, I highly recommend the fish tacos, one of the best I have ever eaten!
Thank you for such a great experience. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank roryunitedesigns
stak76, Owner at RedDoor Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Rory,

thank you so much for your review.

George told me you would write and this is so kind of you.

I personally love to wake up with the sound of the river in the morning.
I think its one of the best feature of our villa.

we hope to see you again and hope to be around next time

have a beautiful life
claudio

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently stayed at Red Door Bali with friends for 3 weeks. It was our first time to Bali and I must say staying at Red Door was the best decision and added to having a perfect first experience in Bali.

After driving through the streets and the hustle and bustle of Denpansar and Kuta, when we entered the property it truly felt like arriving at an oasis. Even though it's not right at the beach (but only 5 minutes by car, don't worry!) it's a beautiful home away from home where you feel embraced by Bali's nature and hidden away in your own little world. Perfect to relax!

If you do want to go out and have fun it's only 20 minutes to Kuta or Seminyak but even the small town of Canggu is full of things to do, little restaurants (don't miss the Deus Temple of Enthusiasm and its Sunday night live music!), great surfing or yoga at Desa Seni. We had a car for the 3 weeks but also rented a scooter which we used to do day trips to all kinds of places like Ubud, different beaches and various temples. It was great to have Red Door Villa as our homebase and to do the trips from there.

Some days we would just chill at the house all day, read book and cool down in the wonderful pool. You actually don't even have to leave if you don't want to. The english speaking staff will help you with anything you need. The staff was amazing and was one of the biggest factors of making the stay so wonderful. They were always discreetly working around the house without being overly noticable but always right at hand when we needed something. They can get your clothes washed, help our with arranging for a car or scooter or give tips on excursions and activities. Everyone was extremely friendly, trustworthy and pleasant, trying to make our stay as best as possible.

The food was amazing! We had the cook prepare for us lunch and dinner almost every day and had tasty fruit platters and pancakes for breakfast. It doesn't matter if Indonesian or Western style food, we would always get a meal, perfectly cooked and prepared like in the most expensive restaurants. You just choose what you want or let him surprise you (definately try the delicious "rendang" though!). The great thing is, you just pay the price for the items that are bought from the supermarket. The staff will go shopping for you and cater to all your needs.

A lot has already been said to the house and interiors which I can only second. The design is beautiful, luxurious but laid back! There are tons of books in the house by the way which are part of the interior design so if you forgot yours don't worry. There are some great reads that you can chose from! The house and the rooms were kept very clean by the staff. The open plan living area is just beautiful and inviting to hang out or get work done (wifi is available throughout the house).

We hopefully will be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eva N

Dear Eva,

my little sister franziska (cisco) told me that you would write a review.
she also told me you took some photos.

I must say that I have been blown away by both.
thank you so much for super kind words.

our staff really loved you. I know Ayu even cried when you guys left.
it makes such a different to have amazing people staying in our house.
we did built RedDoor with all our love and its great to share it with them.

what can I say? thank you so much from all of us and please try to come back when you can.

claudio

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Your staff is amazing, they followed up on all of my questions.
The design of your villa genuinely feels like a personal home.
Which is the feeling, everyone wants when traveling abroad.
I also noticed you have a vegetable garden, nice touch.
My experience at your villa will be remembered with warm thoughts.

All the best,
Monica
Speaking Out of Turn Magazine
Style Compass I.C. and Events

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Stylecompass

Dear Monica,

this is so sweet of you.
thank you for the review on TA and we have been so happy to help you with your project.
your new magazine looks great and we wish all the best for the future.

come back and visit anytime you want

hope sun is shining on you right now

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay that the RedDoor Bali. Wayan and the onsite staff were always very accomodating and met all of our needs. The villa is beautifully designed and furnished. Everything seems very well maintained and we had no concerns with the facilities. We also really liked the proximity to Echo Beach. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeffrey H

hey Jeffrey,

thank you for your amazing review.
if I am not wrong you belong to the big Isabelle Crew that stayed at RedDoor in May.
guys, you must have had so much fun.
11 people at RedDoor must have felt like living a dream.
We are so happy you came and stay in our villa.
hope being back in EU has not been too much of a shock for you.

come back anytime you want.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Red Door was definitely the highlight of my stay on Bali! It is a place where time stands still, a piece of paradise on earth! I very much enjoyed the calm surroundings and lovely view on rice fields!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElisabethK486

hey Elisabeth,

thank you for your great review.
guys, you must have had so much fun.
11 people at RedDoor must have felt like living a dream.
We are so happy you came and stay in our villa.
hope being back in EU has not been too much of a shock for you.

come back anytime you want.