“Very nice gardens, food not so special”

Desa Seni Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 245 Restaurants in Canggu
Cuisines: Indonesian
Description: Desa Seni, A Village Resort serves an eclectic Asian-Western cuisine with a focus on organic, healthy and fresh food. Growing almost 80% of our own produce and working with local businesses enables us to focus on bringing great meals direct from farm to table. Our restaurant is open to the public for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a glass of wine and some nibbles in a tropical garden setting.
anywhere in the world
“Very nice gardens, food not so special”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We came here for a late breakfast. The breakfast was fine - not great but okay - and reasonable value for money. But what makes this a "4" rather than a "3" is the cute gardens, with lots of traditionally built little buildings.

The place is more of a health/eco resort and joga spa, rather than a restaurant. But they do welcome outside guests, and it is very pleasant having breakfast by the pool and enjoying the gardens.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank An0nym0use

Malaga, Spain
“Overpriced over chewy”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Well I took a taxi here from Seminyak to have lunch and chill. I only ended up eating as there didn't seem to be an overly welcome for me to mooch around and find my feet. Many beady eyes watching/following me. I had tempeh chips which were OK, not to die for and there was a whopping 21% service charge on top! I was disappointed as I came here for the whole yogic experience. I left feeling a bit deflated

Bali, Indonesia
“In the middle of Sawah”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The foods are ok not special and the prices are not cheap but it is nice to try. I don't have specific food that I like

Visited April 2013
Paris
“Great location, average food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have stayed at desa seni during the day, you can enjoy the place and the swimming pool even if you are not staying over night, except for saturday and sunday, the place is amazing, maybe too well maintained but great. The service is fantastic too, apart from one person saying that he could not take picture of us because we were not stayng at the hotel. Concering the restaurant, the environment is great, you are sitting on a terrase in the middle of the hotel with the nature around you. The drinks are very good but the food was not nice with either too cooked (for the fish) or with no taste like the polenta or the noodles. It was a bad surprise compared to the level of this hotel.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank heureuxchti
“Delicious, fresh, organic food”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited the restaurant for lunch from our nearby villa. It was extraordinary. From our very first bite we were gushing superlatives - beautiful, fresh produce, plucked straight from the garden; sensational flavours and attention to detail; a lush, gorgeous setting; friendly staff. This is the best meal we have had in Bali (& we've had some great ones!) and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the canggu or seminyak areas. Outstanding.

Visited August 2013