All reviews beds pushed together old man within walking distance air con mans bath deus ubud villa
Reviewed July 12, 2017

We stayed here, a group of four female friends in May for five nights.
The location was perfect, near the shops (most, surfer boutiques and little coffee shops), near bars and near the beach.
The villa was really luxurious, I cant fault it and the same goes for the wonderful staff.
We were looked after and made to feel very special, nothing was too much trouble, the food was fabulous and my only wish is that we'd stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2017

This villa was wonderful, in a great location only 200m from the beach. It was extremely clean and tidy with an amazing pool area. Staff were also wonderful. Only downfall was the loud noisy doors to the bathroom. Would definitely recommend this villa.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
eh_elitehavens, Guest Relations Manager at Villa Kakatua, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2017

Dear Carolyn S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our Villa Kakatua. We are glad that you like our wonderful villa with great location near the beach. On behalf of the entire villa staff and Elite Havens, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

Firstly I will mention the construction site next door, but luck for us they were on leave when we were there to stay. Villa Kedidi is the smaller of the two villas (Villa Kakatua next door), the location is perfect for all the funky coffee shops and restaruarnts as well as Old mans right on the beach for a cool cocktail at the end of the day, but to be honest the Villa and outstanding staff at Villa Kedidi would have you not wanting to stray too far, it truly is the best experience I have had in Bali, the food was outstanding, the Gin and Tonics around the pool were just the best and even making me tea at 5am when I couldnt sleep due to jet lag was just so special. I was actually a little teary when I had to say goodbye to Putu and his staff. I am not sure of the effect the new hotel next door will have on the Villa but I will be back to see for myself.

Room Tip: all the rooms of this Villa are absolutely stunning
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2016

We have just enjoyed a perfectly relaxing holiday at Villa Kakatua. From the minute we arrived at the airport, the service was exceptional. We were so well looked after, all 9 of us (4 adults and 5 young kids, including a baby). The villa was beautiful and so well maintained, a great size for our party too - there were days we didn't even leave the sanctuary of the villa it was so lovely (that could also be because of Novi's delicious cooking - especially the more traditional fair, so yum).
We really loved the location too - is a less built up part of Canggu, so close to the beach and Old Mans yet also just down the road from great coffees and cafes.
A great time and a beautiful villa with the loveliest peoples - we'll definitely return!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2016

We enjoyed a wonderful week at Villa Kakatua. We were greeted at the airport by our friendly driver who thoughtfully stopped to check if anyone needed to use the bathroom and politely waited while my husband dashed off to get me a coffee for the journey! The villa had organised two complimentary vehicles to transfer our group of 8. The vehicles were well maintained and air conditioned and we were promptly offered lovely cold towels and bottles of water before we set off for the villa. It took about an hour to get through the heavy afternoon traffic to our villa, but I always find driving past all of the sights in Bali part of the adventure, so the time passed quickly. As we got closer to Canggu it was apparent that the area was much more spread out and open and when we arrived at the gate of our villa we were only 100 metres from the ocean... Our security guard opened the gate and greeted us warmly and we made our way down the garden path, past the adjoining Villa Kedidi (which can be booked separately or in conjunction with Villa Kakatua for larger groups) and through the wooden door to the beautifully landscaped grounds of our villa. We were greeted by our staff with a welcome drink, fruit basket and gifts. While the staff sorted out our luggage, our wonderful villa manager showed us around and went over our plans for the coming days to ensure that we had meals/drivers/activities organised. The only glitch that we had during out stay was that the upstairs a/c was playing up when we arrived, so the manager stayed on site until it was repaired, which was before bedtime on our first night. Prior to arriving the manager had corresponded with me via email and arranged for the staff to prepare a delicious dinner on our first night, breakfast on the following morning and a few groceries and drinks that I had requested. We simply gave our housekeeper some money for a float and she provided a tally of the costs as we went and deducted it from the float. Everything was very reasonably priced and had we realised how lovely the food would be we wouldn't have booked as many restaurants as we did! The breakfasts were lovely and we could all order different things to eat, nothing was too much trouble and the staff were very polite and friendly at all times. We had a family group with 6 adults and 2 teenage children and there was plenty of space for everyone to spread out and relax. My husband and I stayed in the one of the two rooms that are separate from the main house and our two teenage children stayed in the adjoining room. They had the most enormous four poster bed that I've ever seen, which comprised of two queen size mattresses side-by-side (perfect for a boy/girl siblings who don't want to be anywhere near each other!) My parents stayed upstairs in the main house, which had lovely views all the way to the ocean, and my aunt and uncle stayed in the master suite downstairs. The villa itself is just the right mix of Balinese style and modern comfort, in my opinion, with lovely high ceilings, four poster beds with mosquito nets, indoor/outdoor bathrooms, exposed timber, Balinese artworks and sculptures and gorgeous well maintained tropical gardens. Even the lighting at night contributed beautifully to the ambiance... There were plenty of areas to sit and relax from the lounge area in the main house, indoor dining area, outdoor dining area, lounges by the pool (including a lovely covered double daybed) and two daybeds on the verandah of the rooms us and the children stayed in. There is a good sized kitchen with everything that you need as well. The pool was a perfect temperature for swimming day and night and the staff ensured that mosquito coils were lit every day when the sun went down. The surrounding area was just what we were hoping for, away from the hustle and bustle but close to the beach and some lovely shops and restaurants within walking distance. Our favourites were Old Man's across the road and overlooking the beach - perfect for a casual meal or drink or to grab an ice cream (I believe they also have DJ's and dancing on particular nights and happy hour every afternoon/evening), Echo Beach Cafe - right on the beach (perfect for watching the sunset) and they have an extensive menu which includes a fantastic BBQ option, Deus Ex Machina Temple of Enthusiasm - which is a cafe/shop/gallery within walking distance that specialises in custom motor cycles and surfboards and has something for everyone. Betelnut Cafe nearby also has a good menu but was quite hot the night that we went there and we couldn't wait to get home and jump in the pool. The villa also offers a driver whenever needed, we just paid for petrol, which was cheap compared to paying for taxis. One of the best decisions that we made was asking our villa manager to organise massages for us at the villa on a couple of occassions. It was so relaxing not to have to go out to a salon or spa and very reasonably priced. I cannot thank Putu, Yuni, Novi, Widia, Nhurah, Nengah and the ground-staff enough for their hospitality and attention to detail. We could hear some very minimal noise from the construction next door during our stay but it really didn't bother us at all. Our manager spoke to them on one occasion when they continued to work after dark and they stopped immediately. I would definitely stay here again and have recommended it to all of my family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family