“They have 1 umbrella for the whole pool area....5* ?”
Review of Lv8 Resort Hotel

Lv8 Resort Hotel
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Canggu
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We live nearby this hôtel,And wanted to check out the facilities for next vacation of friends of ours.
They have a very nice pool right on the beach,where they serve very expensive drinks And food, not worth the price.For four persons y ou have to spend 1 500 000 RP minimum food and drinks + 100 000 per person to use the
pool, and they have one (1) umbrella for the whole pool area.in addition thé whole hotel looks very badly maintained, And apart from the ridiculous high rates, certainly not a 5 star hôtel.We will not recommend this place, there are many other beautifull hotels in Bali where y ou get value for money. SKIP this one !!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank balifanbart
There are newer reviews for Lv8 Resort Hotel

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Real shame. Great location and nice hotel design but even though it's only been open 9 months nothing works - no hot water for showers, restaurant runs out of something every day, air-con ineffective, facilities already rusted and run-down, surf school they advertise has closed, they refused to accept Amex even though advertised. No redeeming features whatsoever.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank AdrianNew_13
Lv8-Eight, Director of Sales at Lv8 Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. Comments such as yours are really an advantage to us to be better all of the time. It shows your concern and still, we would like you to return in the future to experience the changes we are having.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I spent my first night in Bali at Lv8. Their email communication prior to my trip was outstandingly prompt and helpful. Every need I had was catered for. My room was unbelievably amazing, I still can't get over how comfortable and luxurious it was!

The staff were friendly and we enjoyed the room service, gym, restaurant and beach club. We enjoyed the beach club so much (absolute luxury without a huge crowd) that we returned the next day with more friends.

Overall, brilliant staff, luxury room and gorgeous surroundings.

Room Tip: Got upgraded to an ocean view room, it was MASSIVE! I've never seen such a huge room!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Lv8-Eight, Director of Sales at Lv8 Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Your such comment is valuable to us, the staff especially. It is giving us a challenge to keep up the service spirit and heightened our standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again, your rewarding experience delivered in this review is highly appreciated.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Hotel front looks like Swedish modern mansion. Rooms are almost too big but well cleaned. Pool area on sea side is astonishing. Overall atmosphire is quite sterile, not much Balinese. Service was excellent and very polite. However we liked visit a lot.

Room Tip: Choose seaview room upper floors You would not be disappointed
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kusti12

Thank you for your review and we are happy that you experienced enjoyable stay in Lv8 Resort Hotel.
We wish you to return to the island, Bali and once again staying in Lv8 Resort Hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here with my best friend for 2 nights in Dec 2013, we wished we had booked longer because we didnt want to leave. The staff were very friendly and the pool area was fantastic, we enjoyed cocktails by the pool at the beach club it was perfect for watching the sunset. Took so many gorgeous photos. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting a high quality getaway. Our room type was the 2 bedroom ocean view and it was so perfect for us, we had plenty of space and felt so happy there!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom ocean view room, loved it so much! thank you! highly recommend this for friends, families...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

School Holiday in Australian is around the corner. Be prepared, we are having special offer for Australian travelers.
Our 130sqm two-bedroom FAMILY suites are ready to be occupied for your another getaway, rest and relax.
Thank you for your encouraging review.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed with my BF in November and wished I could be back there now. LV8 is a perfect location with an amazing pool and Beachclub. We didn't really leave the resort during the time we were there.

Poolside in a Cabana is definitely the place to relax and have a lovely swim while sipping on a cocktail and just taking in the view.

Our room had it's own pool however we spent the majority of the time at Vue Beach Club.

Take me back there now!

Room Tip: Any room with a Pool is amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Gladly to announce that Bali is in dry season by now. Then you can enjoy day and night at the Vue beach club and our outdoor restaurant all of the time without any disturbance of heavy wind and rain.
We look forward to welcoming you soonest.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I and my friends went to Bali for 4 nights in early Feb. We chose to stay in LV8 in the last night hoping that we would have a good experience in a 5 stars hotel. Unfortunately we were wrong. I would be very objective. This hotel has a plus points too, but I think the plus points are not worthy the rate that they offered. I preferred this hotel because 5 months ago, I went to the Vue beach club which is the hotel facility and it was amazing. Huge swimming pool, clean water and appealing. I thought it would probably good to stay overnight there.

I book an ocean view studio suite through reservation. Reservation staff was very helpful and able to allocate me the room that I want in the third floor. Room 329. When we arrived and entered the hotel, it was so quite in the lobby and restaurant like there's noone else staying. Check-in was easy and the staff are corteous and polite. No hassle during check in.

The first thing that we noticed was when we were shown the way to our room which passes dark corridor and the wall surrounding the corridor was not cover by wallpaper whatsoever. It was painted in white and looked uneven. I would say the painting job did not impress me at all. As decorations, they have put many huge raw canvas paintings and again these paintings were not covered by anything meaning you can touch the canvas. The whole idea of decoration did not show that it is a 5 stars hotel. There are some odd decorations and sofas that was place oddly along the corridor. It was probably done by some sort of amateurish interior designer. Again, the corridor was so empty and there were no sign of other guests around. Quite eerie I would say.

Entering the room, we notice that the room is huge, over 75m2 with big bathroom and balcony. However we were not impressed by the quality of furniture and overall design of the room. Sorry to say, it looks cheap and it feels cheap. There were a basket of welcome fruits with ants all over it.

Bathroom is big with separate shower and toilet and there's a normal size bathtub. The bathroom floor is very slippery, especially when it is wet. The problem is with the toilet. After couple of uses, the toilet broke. The water was not pumped up, so the flush didn't work. We called the technician to fix it and we left the room for dinner while it was fixed. When we returned to the room and entered the bathroom, it was really dirty and one of the wash basins was full of soil stains. Perhaps the technician wash his hands there and never cleaned it up. The flush broke again after couple of uses and I was too frustrated to call the guy again. In the end I managed to fix it myself and I have to fix it few times during my stay. To make the matter worse, the jetwasher tap was leaking and the water dripped and flooded half the toilet area. We noticed this when we woke up in the morning.

I would have to say that the king-size bed was great and very comfortable. That's probably the only good thing in the room. The balcony is big however the view was more like combination of river, soil, dump, a lot of rubbish and ocean view in the far end of it. It wasn't beautiful.

The lift indicator leading to the eight restaurant was dead and it was not fixed. Many things are not working. The passage way leading to the eight restaurant from the lift was very dark, the lights were not turned on. Probably for efficiency since it looked like nobody else was staying there.

Breakfast was great and again when we had breakfast we only noticed 2 more couples beside us and that's about it. We had ala-carte breakfast in the cabana of the vue beach club, which was great. We spent about 2 hours there and only noticed that 2 couples and nobody else. Then we went for swimming and noticed that the water is very dirty (unlike the clean water that we had when we visited this place 5 months ago). It is clearly maintenance issue. Some of the lighting cables inside the water popped out and was not properly hidden/placed. Clearly this place is degrading.

The rate that they offered was terribly expensive even with the promotion rate of IDR 2 mio per night for ocean view room, it was definitely not worthed.

Overall, the stay was not enjoyable. If I may give a feedback, it looked to me that LV8 is struggling and degrading, it is probably because they do not receive many guests due to over expensive rate which is not worth the quality of stay. I would suggest rather than maximising efficiency, you should lower the rate, thus your occupance rate will be better and you could renovate and run your hotel with all the facilities working properly.

This is just my opinion and observation during my stay and I have discussed this with my friends and they agreed with this.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends