“Winter holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Canggu
Cikarang, Indonesia
“Winter holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Hotel front looks like Swedish modern mansion. Rooms are almost too big but well cleaned. Pool area on sea side is astonishing. Overall atmosphire is quite sterile, not much Balinese. Service was excellent and very polite. However we liked visit a lot.

Room Tip: Choose seaview room upper floors You would not be disappointed
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kusti12
Lv8-Eight, Director of Sales at Lv8 Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are happy that you experienced enjoyable stay in Lv8 Resort Hotel.
We wish you to return to the island, Bali and once again staying in Lv8 Resort Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here with my best friend for 2 nights in Dec 2013, we wished we had booked longer because we didnt want to leave. The staff were very friendly and the pool area was fantastic, we enjoyed cocktails by the pool at the beach club it was perfect for watching the sunset. Took so many gorgeous photos. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting a high quality getaway. Our room type was the 2 bedroom ocean view and it was so perfect for us, we had plenty of space and felt so happy there!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom ocean view room, loved it so much! thank you! highly recommend this for friends, families...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
School Holiday in Australian is around the corner. Be prepared, we are having special offer for Australian travelers.
Our 130sqm two-bedroom FAMILY suites are ready to be occupied for your another getaway, rest and relax.
Thank you for your encouraging review.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed with my BF in November and wished I could be back there now. LV8 is a perfect location with an amazing pool and Beachclub. We didn't really leave the resort during the time we were there.

Poolside in a Cabana is definitely the place to relax and have a lovely swim while sipping on a cocktail and just taking in the view.

Our room had it's own pool however we spent the majority of the time at Vue Beach Club.

Take me back there now!

Room Tip: Any room with a Pool is amazing!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gladly to announce that Bali is in dry season by now. Then you can enjoy day and night at the Vue beach club and our outdoor restaurant all of the time without any disturbance of heavy wind and rain.
We look forward to welcoming you soonest.
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I and my friends went to Bali for 4 nights in early Feb. We chose to stay in LV8 in the last night hoping that we would have a good experience in a 5 stars hotel. Unfortunately we were wrong. I would be very objective. This hotel has a plus points too, but I think the plus points are not worthy the rate that they offered. I preferred this hotel because 5 months ago, I went to the Vue beach club which is the hotel facility and it was amazing. Huge swimming pool, clean water and appealing. I thought it would probably good to stay overnight there.

I book an ocean view studio suite through reservation. Reservation staff was very helpful and able to allocate me the room that I want in the third floor. Room 329. When we arrived and entered the hotel, it was so quite in the lobby and restaurant like there's noone else staying. Check-in was easy and the staff are corteous and polite. No hassle during check in.

The first thing that we noticed was when we were shown the way to our room which passes dark corridor and the wall surrounding the corridor was not cover by wallpaper whatsoever. It was painted in white and looked uneven. I would say the painting job did not impress me at all. As decorations, they have put many huge raw canvas paintings and again these paintings were not covered by anything meaning you can touch the canvas. The whole idea of decoration did not show that it is a 5 stars hotel. There are some odd decorations and sofas that was place oddly along the corridor. It was probably done by some sort of amateurish interior designer. Again, the corridor was so empty and there were no sign of other guests around. Quite eerie I would say.

Entering the room, we notice that the room is huge, over 75m2 with big bathroom and balcony. However we were not impressed by the quality of furniture and overall design of the room. Sorry to say, it looks cheap and it feels cheap. There were a basket of welcome fruits with ants all over it.

Bathroom is big with separate shower and toilet and there's a normal size bathtub. The bathroom floor is very slippery, especially when it is wet. The problem is with the toilet. After couple of uses, the toilet broke. The water was not pumped up, so the flush didn't work. We called the technician to fix it and we left the room for dinner while it was fixed. When we returned to the room and entered the bathroom, it was really dirty and one of the wash basins was full of soil stains. Perhaps the technician wash his hands there and never cleaned it up. The flush broke again after couple of uses and I was too frustrated to call the guy again. In the end I managed to fix it myself and I have to fix it few times during my stay. To make the matter worse, the jetwasher tap was leaking and the water dripped and flooded half the toilet area. We noticed this when we woke up in the morning.

I would have to say that the king-size bed was great and very comfortable. That's probably the only good thing in the room. The balcony is big however the view was more like combination of river, soil, dump, a lot of rubbish and ocean view in the far end of it. It wasn't beautiful.

The lift indicator leading to the eight restaurant was dead and it was not fixed. Many things are not working. The passage way leading to the eight restaurant from the lift was very dark, the lights were not turned on. Probably for efficiency since it looked like nobody else was staying there.

Breakfast was great and again when we had breakfast we only noticed 2 more couples beside us and that's about it. We had ala-carte breakfast in the cabana of the vue beach club, which was great. We spent about 2 hours there and only noticed that 2 couples and nobody else. Then we went for swimming and noticed that the water is very dirty (unlike the clean water that we had when we visited this place 5 months ago). It is clearly maintenance issue. Some of the lighting cables inside the water popped out and was not properly hidden/placed. Clearly this place is degrading.

The rate that they offered was terribly expensive even with the promotion rate of IDR 2 mio per night for ocean view room, it was definitely not worthed.

Overall, the stay was not enjoyable. If I may give a feedback, it looked to me that LV8 is struggling and degrading, it is probably because they do not receive many guests due to over expensive rate which is not worth the quality of stay. I would suggest rather than maximising efficiency, you should lower the rate, thus your occupance rate will be better and you could renovate and run your hotel with all the facilities working properly.

This is just my opinion and observation during my stay and I have discussed this with my friends and they agreed with this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank rhendarto
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed 3 nights with whole Familiy, using 2 rooms of 1 bedroom suites - garden View.
- It is quite far from the hectic Kuta, great place for people to enjoy quiet and relaxing.
- The infinity pool is great and really wide. Good for adult and kids
- The beach is also nice, including facility for surfing [ and also provide the lesson for surfing ]
- Beach Club is also cool - but not so many visitors at night [afternoon time quite full], perhaps it is still NEW and quite far and not so strategic from center of Kuta/legian
- No much facility for family except the pool and enjoy the sunset, beach with glass of cocktail
- No much variety of foods. No buffet Breakfast [limited choices]
- The shower hot/cold does not work and the knob was broken. Also confusing to use.
- The terrace is not safety, be careful especially after raining, water are over the place. My son felt down, fortunetely he is not hurt
- Quality finishing of the room, isle, decoration, Lobby, etc are "below" the expectation considering the claim of "luxury Hotel" advertising. The room are really big but the finishing are poor and make the hotel look cheap.
- Price is a bit higher for the quality of the room, decoration and finishing [perhaps this is due to new opening including some water leakage at the ceiling etc.

Room Tip: Mostly the room are big, but be carefull on the terrace. we experience the terrace were full of wate...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

4 Thank Mathias_Kasih
King's Lynn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We haven't stayed here but went for a drink one evening. They have a very impressive cocktail menu so we were hopeful that for once we could have an elegant drink, with all our choices made properly. Well, they can make a virgin mojito. After a long wait, the waitress returned to say that they couldn't make two of our choices - the Allegheny and a Corn 'n' Oil - because they didn't have the ingredients. When asked what they could make, it boiled down to a Martini, though as they allegedly had Campari she agreed they could make two negronis. Another long wait. Then my drink (basically an orange Martini) arrived, lukewarm and very dilute. The Negronis arrived with very little Campari and were sent back for more.....
We couldn't use a gazebo unless we were spending 1.5m rupiah. If any of us wanted to use the pool it would cost 100000 each. No wonder the place was practically empty. Avoid, unless you want an expensive Coke* and view of the sun setting over the sea.
*Disclaimer: we didn't try the Coke. I'm just assuming they couldn't mess that up.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank AMCES
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This place was amazing, from the airport pick up with cold towels and water to the smiling faces that greeted me on arrival - it was service at its finest. The room was spacious, the staff knowledgeable and helpful and the food excellent. I took two personal training courses and tried Muay Thai (which I'd never tried before) I left feeling challenged and excited to try it again. The spa service was also excellent. I causally mentioned my birthday to the trainer and the staff surprised me with the delivery of a cake that evening!
I would note that the beach is dirty as you walk along - that part is somewhat sad but not at all a fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't have the ocean view, I suppose it would've been nice but I just went to the pool an...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
THE HAVEN SUITES Bali Berawa
The Kirana Hotel Resto and Spa
Hotel Tugu Bali
Hotel Tugu Bali
#1 of 33 in Canggu
Legong Keraton Beach Hotel
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
FRii Bali Echo Beach, Hotel

Been to Lv8 Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!