“Bali dream is a dream!!”

The Bali Dream Villa & Resort
Ranked #31 of 283 Specialty Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed 4 nights here and can't fault it. Immaculate rooms, great food, fantastic location and super quiet. The thing that really makes the Bali Dream stand out for us are the staff, super friendly and helpful, Wida you are an absolute angel. Next time we are definitely booking a villa and staying longer!

• Stayed: June 2013
TheBaliDreamVilla, Director of Sales at The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warmest Greetings from The Bali Dream Villa & Resort Echo Beach - Canggu.

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Bali Dream Villa & Resort Echo Beach – Canggu.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the tranquil setting of the Villa & resort. And it is also a great pleasure that you are satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff especially Wida. I will gladly share it with all of our team, I am sure it will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope your next visit with us will be as great as the previous one.

There are newer reviews for The Bali Dream Villa & Resort

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I am currently staying at The Bali Dream Villa and think that I am going to throw a spanner into all the wonderful reviews that have been left by other satisfied tourists.
I am probably only 80% satisfied with the customer service here, 80% satisfied with the accommodation and 100% satisfied with the attitudes and friendliness of the staff.
My first impression of the single bedroom villa was WOW, but the wow factor diminished very quickly when I wanted to take a shower. Bathroom is really nicely decorated, but really quite dangerous. To get to the shower, you had to step down onto a loose pebbled floor and then step up onto a small platform also covered with smaller sized pebbles. Looks really great, but very hard to keep ones balance, particularly when washing hair and face. I had to clear all these away to the concrete base underneath before I felt safe using the shower. Luckily for me, I only skinned my heel after a loose pebble I stepped on moved and I lost my balance.
Customer service flew right out the window when I made a room service request (about 8pm) for a meal to be prepared and delivered to my villa accommodation. Having done the same on previous nights around the same time, I knew that I would have to wait at least half an hour, but after an hour my meal hadn’t been arrived, so I called to ask what the holdup was. The phone was answered by a female who said that she would go find out, and promptly hung up. OK, she will call me back I thought, but after about 10 minutes, I called again. This time a male voice immediately replied that they were very busy and that there would be a considerable delay. That’s when I saw red. Make your assumptions on how this supposedly 5 star accommodation should have handled this.
Other things that got to me also. The really stiff creaky bathroom door (imagine a creepy haunted house with the sound on an old door slowly opening), the creaky bed, “every move was recorded”, and the inside TV with snowy reception, when the one in the lounge area was crisp and clear.
Although the ‘Villa’ is about 18 kilometres from the airport, it can take about an hour or more, depending on the time of the day, to get here. You really are away from the hustle and bustle of the likes of Kuta, but are stuck with eating in, unless you are prepared to get in a taxi and travel. It takes about 20 minutes along a sealed road through rice paddies to get Echo beach. It’s definitely not a beach that you would want to run into the water and have a quick dip at due to all the rocks hidden under the murky water. It’s actually more of a surfing spot where I noted dozens of surfers try to catch the ideal wave. But certainly a very cheap place to get an evening meal with multiple choices from pizza, “BBQ everything” and Indonesian (cooked to western palates)
If you are into horse riding, you are in luck. There are horse stables located about 100 metres from the resort.
Oh, by the way. One way Taxi fare to Kuta or back should not cost more than 70,000 Rupiah (US$7)

Room Tip: One way Taxi fare to Kuta or back should not cost more than 70,000 Rupiah (US$7)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul4DG

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from The Bali Dream Villa & Resort Echo Beach – Canggu.

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us, and I am sorry that your experience did not 100 % meet your expectations.

I have noted your points about the pebbles, bathroom door and the bed. And please rest assured that appropriate actions have been taken by our Departments concerned immediately especially if it comes to safety and comfort of our guests.

However I personally thank you for your compliment on our staff attitude and friendliness. I will gladly share this good news with all of our team, I am sure it will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The receptionist very rude and unwelcome. The villa that we already reserved hasn't been clean yet. Why gave us the wrong villa from the supposed reservation.

When we walked in, the pool hasn't been cleaned. Stains all over the mirror wall, and they clean it when we are supposed to rest after a long day. There's no hot water, the handheld shower broken it kept leaking water.

Don't forget about the distance and difficulties to find this place with very small signage. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Rainer O
TheBaliDreamVilla, Director of Sales at The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that your stay with us didn't entirely meet your expectation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Actually I was very surprised reading your review as all the team members here are much appreciated by all our customers and if you go through all reviews it would be rare to get any negative comment about our Staff friendliness. Therefore, as we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, your comments are important for us.

Regarding your experience with the condition of the villa, please rest assured that we are taking your comments into high consideration. I have noted your comment and immediately shared with all the head of departments concerned for their awareness, follow up and further action to avoid any occurrence in the future.

About the location all I can say is that the Canggu area is located in a very secluded area and very famous for its tranquil scenic views of paddy fields and coconut groves. A very perfect place for those who want to experience a haven from the hustle of the city life nearby.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and should you have further inquiries and feedback, please feel free to contact me at sales@thebalidreamvilla.com or sales1@thebalidreamvilla.com any time.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Room is nice, excellent service, they can serve breakfast at the room or Lobby lounge, beautiful swimming pool, good atmosphere on restaurant area.
This place very quite full, good for honeymoon or for traveler who would like to escape from their busy routine.
The staff make me very welcome specially Wida.
For sure will be back again....

Room Tip: Villa with private pool Highly Recommended for honeymoon couple
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeeA55
TheBaliDreamVilla, Director of Sales at The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warmest Greetings from The Bali Dream Villa & Resort Echo Beach - Canggu.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the tranquil setting of the Villa & resort. And it is also a great pleasure that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff especially Wida. I will gladly share it with all of our team, I am sure it will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We paid 500,000 ind rup and had free airport pickup, best massage EVER, great breakfast AND a private 1 bedroom villa with private pool! Plus they offer a shuttle bus to echo beach but we did not have time to make use of it. This place is superb from top to bottom. We stayed in 3 locations during our Bali trip - this is the only place we will definitely return to!

• Stayed: May 2013
TheBaliDreamVilla, Director of Sales at The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from The Bali Dream Villa Resort.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our villa and resort on TripAdvisor.

I’m so happy to know that overall you are happy and satisfied with our product and services. I will gladly share it with all of our team. It will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as wonderful as the previous one.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Room is nice, room serviced to a good standard everyday.
It was our honeymoon and on arrival the bed and bathtub beautifully decorated with roses.
We reserved Superior room and got upgraded to a Deluxe room as we are on our honeymoon.
Buffet breakfast was very very good. The staff make you feel very welcome especial receptionist Wida, many thanks to all. The resort is far away of Kuta so best way is to rent a scooter ( you can go to tanah lot with scooter it is 25 min drive) or ask to call you a taxi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pumpy07
TheBaliDreamVilla, Director of Sales at The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from The Bali Dream Villa & Resort.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

What could be more exciting than to hear that our valuable guests's holiday trip to Bali was an amazing one, after all it has always been the mission & core values of The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, to serve our guests at our best and exceed their expectations.

We sincerely thank you for the compliment upon our service and product and also for the kind words bestowed upon our team especially Wida our receptionist. I have shared your constructive feedback to our associates and we are enormously grateful.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your feedback and comments that we are able to maintain our product and service standard.

Finally, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Bali Dream Villa & Resort on your next visit to Bali, the island of God.

With warm regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We decided to stay here because there's a 2 Bedroom Villa for 5 of us.
The resort is VERY GOOD.
we hadn't expected there will be a Pool Villa !!
very reasonable price with ABF and airport transfer.
Food and Beverage is good.
Welcome drink here is the best juice in Bali I've tasted.

The hotel is new and nice.
I asked one of spa staff and she told me it was opened just 6 months ago!!

Bathroom have seperate rainshower and bathtub.
the rainshower is half open-air, there're some leak on the wall when it's raining.
Round stone to stamp under the feet, good feeling at first but when shampoo and shower over min. it hurt my feet (lol)
Amendities are all work well, soap, shampoo, dryer, comb but I don't like smell of soap here much --however, no problem with using them.
Free a bottles of water for each guest per nights as normal.
The villa have kitchen and kitchenette but we use only cups and glasses.

Canggu beach is near by but for us, it's not walkable so we choose hotel shuttle car.
The beach is not popular beach, so it's no bustling with people, just quiet and calm.
Canggu is a black beach, the sand is not wide-spread, rocky beach, good for surfing.
SO BEAUTIFUL SUNSET!!!

One of the most thing I love here is staffs.
All staff are friendly here.
very good service.

Big problem I found here is
1. 2 times of electricity outage only in our villa. Once at night when I start using hair dryer and second time in the morning when I woke up and turn on bathroom light.
However as soon as we phoned to the front, only around 3 minute electricity coming bak.
2. Wi-Fi internet have really low signal. we can use only in the kitchen which is no air-condition. --- could not connect at all in the room.
3. nothing around except hourse farm and many resorts unless taking a shuttle car to the beach.

Room Tip: - Wi-Fi work well at lobby and pool-side restaurant but almost no signal in room. - recommend takin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TheBaliDreamVilla, Director of Sales at The Bali Dream Villa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warmest Greetings from The Bali Dream Villa Resort.

Thank you for sparing time to post valuable feedback regarding your experience while staying with us on TripAdvisor.com

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us. It is really motivating us to maintain and improve our service to our valuable guests. Your valuable comment about the room facilities, electricity and internet connection has been followed up by the department concerned to ensure that the same case will not happen again in the future.

We do hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort with better impression on your next visit.