“terrible surf teachers and inedible breakfast”
Review of Premier Surf Camp

Premier Surf Camp
Ranked #39 of 147 Canggu B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Me and my daughter stayed here in December 2013, and were booked in for a week's surfing lesson package, but cancelled after a few days due to bad surf teacher, terrible breakfast (not even juice, no coconuts, just tea or coffee and all western food), unfriendly atmosphere (the owners live on the property and refuse to say hello), and difficult location with NO MAPS provided (to get to Echo Beach you have to take your scooter across dirt tracks which get flooded when it rains). There are NO restaurants or bars nearby, as this hotel is in Prerenan beach and NOT on Echo Beach which at least has a few bars/ eateries. The rooms are OK but the bathrooms (no windows, shower and toilet in same area) are dirty.

The worst part is that we felt we were charged far too much by the surf teacher the hotel hired for us. We supposedly paid for individual instruction but in reality only my daughter was instructed as the teacher bought along his teenage nephew who could not speak English to 'teach' me. After complaining about this, a real teacher was arranged for me the next day. The main surf teacher also did not have functional English and was most unhelpful in addition to being at least double what other teachers charge (as I found out later). My advice is arrange your own surf teachers direct from the beach and DO NOT get the hotel to arrange teachers for you as you will get ripped-off!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 28, 2013

During our presence on Villa Premier Surf Camp we'd felt the grate pleasure and enjoy. First of all there is optimal proportion between the price and quality of service. Very friendly and professional staff, comfortable enough rooms, villa's territory and swimming pool, - all these points are suitable for non-extraordinary persons who not infected by VIP behavior. In addition it is excellent place for surfers, - there are surfing school with professional tutors, rental of surfs, bikes, etc. The position of Villa is very close from sea side and nice Eco Beach Complex. No problems with guest's meal: breakfast in hotel and lunch/dinner on request might be delivered from any neighbor restaurants. Free WIFI, easy taxi calling or rent a car with driver (or without), a lot of interest places You would like to see on Bali Island, very friendly absolutely all local people over here. We've been on Bali just one month and for a true will visit Bali soon but already for a longer period then before.

Room Tip: Bungalows are little bit cheaper, then luxury rooms but there is choice of each person. On villa eig...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Premier surf camp what else can I say,this is the second time we have stayed there and once again it was awesome.If you want a Simple place to stay thats relaxing and friendly ane welcoming you can't in my point of view find any better.The rooms are simple yet tidy but what maks this place is the people that work and stay there. These three words sum the place up for me Friendly,Easygoing and Relaxing what more do you need for a hoilday :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Fabianleaf
premiersurfcamp, Manager at Premier Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi Fabian,

Once again thanks for coming and staying with us with your beautiful family!
You guys are really nice people and each time you come back it's awesome to spend time with you!!

I am sure we will meet again soon, so have a good time and say hi to all your family.

Take care Fabian!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everything you could want in a Balinese getaway. Rooms were great - spacious, clean. And I stayed in 3 or 4 different ones because I kept extending my stay from what was supposed to be a few days to nearly three weeks. Proximity to surf breaks is perfect - short walk for a handful, scooter for anything else. Staff was incredibly friendly - and wound up coming out for several surf sessions.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank John B
premiersurfcamp, General Manager at Premier Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi John,

Thank you for your review and for staying so long with us ; -)
We did our possible to keep you with us even if we had to change your room so many times, but in high season if just like that, busy busy busy, but still quiet and friendly !!

It was really nice to have you here and we have a good time also in the water !!

We hope you will swing by soon for more walls to ride!!

Take care!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here for a week on my own and had a ball! The service was fantastic, simple yet tidy rooms, excellent food and great value for money. Would definitely recommend for anyone on a budget looking to stay close to the beach!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amy H
premiersurfcamp, Manager at Premier Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for the great review, we are very happy you had a good time here and enjoyed the beach. Looking forward to see you again for another experience in the Island of the Goods.

Wish you all the best and take care!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great accommodation,Great Surroundings and Great staff + people here! A big thumbs up from me. Nothing is too big of a hassle and you really do get value for money in this place, there is a nice selection of boards to rent for surfing and the laundry service is brilliant, Breakfasts are served every morning at the bar and i'd recommend trying their banana pancakes. Its a quiet area of Bali but at the same time there is lots going on, try out Echo Beach House which is great for chilling out at night with a few friends. Its literally only 5 minutes away. The only downside is you would need to rent a driver or scooter as you can't really get around by walking other than that I would highly recommend this place to anyone travelling in the Canggu area of Bali,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DonalM66

Thanks man for your nice review!
It was great to have you here and I hope to see you again for more surf and chill out time :)

Thanks again and take care,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had such a great time at Surf Camp and I think this was defn the best holiday I had in a long while! I have to thank Marco and Ray for the excellent hospitality and kindness they showed me throughout my time there. The rooms were great! The food was wonderful and most importantly, the service was impeccable!

I will return in a heartbeat! Thanks guys and I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Hi Rukesh,

Thank you for coming we had a really good time with you. You truly are a great crazy guy, our favorite kind ;-)

I hope next time you will join some surf as well but man remember to come back any time we are waiting to party with you!!

Thanks for the nice review,