“For pho hunters” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“For pho hunters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The pho was good, to bad the portion was too small and the beef wasn't as much as I expected. Great ambiance though.. Oh and delicious banana juice!

Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Singapore
“Serve old rice and cold fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was visiting with my husband. First of all our food came with 20 minutes difference. Normally I am not that picky, but I just don't like if rice is heated up several times. Plus it is not very healthy. The tuna served with the rice was ice cold- fresh from the fridge as the waitress later admitted ...they could have even warmed it up. Even the ginger tea was spoiled. Maybe the cook was in love that evening, but I will definitely not come back as the food was neither healthy or tasty. Shame because the place and the menu looks nice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Prague, Czech Republic
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

After visiting this place, we stopped to cook ourself :-) And we start to use this warung nearly everyday... So great, so reasonable price... Love it...

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing value and great fresh flavours.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We love Indotopia! This place is a couple of minutes down the road from Canggu Club nestled amongst a now very thriving restaurant area.
The flavours are fresh and tasty. I love the Bun noodle dish which I add spring rolls to create my favourite Vietnamese dish Bun Cha Gio (I do wish they would add it to the menu). Its not perfectly authentic but it is very tasty.
My husband loves the pho. It has a lovely earthy flavour and you can add chilli to your desired tastes. The small is usually enough for him.
I recommend the coconut orange drink, very refreshing.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, easy to find, and GREAT value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This place located just up the road from Canggu Club after the bend. We were just happen to walk up the street and decided to give a new place a try. I live in Bali and boy were we blown away by the food in this small simple restaurant. As a Vietnamese food enthusiast, we were very happy to know a new place that serve PHO since the last one (Rendy's Corner up near jail road) was closed until indefinite time. The food they serve here is what I'd categorize as "Happy Food" a simple, (kind of) home cooked, good taste, and great value. It's not going to be an authentic or out of this world kind of PHO but you got what you paid for and you won't regret it. In the last two weeks we probably have been here for 9 times for lunch and dinner. And all friends that we brought here were happy and love the food. (ps. We’ll bring more soon!)

We've tried (and pleasantly surprised by) almost all things in the menu. Green papaya salad (with/without beef) is delicious, I might be exaggerating a little bit but it's almost better than the Chrispy Salmon Salad they serve in Mamasan and it’s only for $2. And if you are a vegetarian you MUST try their Gado-Gado and Karedok. Both are Indonesian food and are FANTASTIC, I'm saying this as a person who grew up in Java and eat tons of gado-gado and karedok in my time. I can easily vouch that this is THE best one I had in Bali and they're less than $2, basically almost the same price that you'd pay back in Java. Granted that Bali is the tourist island and MANY things were over priced here (for the quality that you get) I'm happy to tell you that this place charge you as if you are a local, not a tourist price. And in this day and age, you'd be happy to know that (I’m starting to sound like an old Chinese woman).

I can’t really remember all we ate here but just pick one and you’d not be disappointed. Fried rice-noodle and the fried rice (both vegetarian or with beef/tuna/chicken) are good. The appetizers and the main menu (both Indonesian and Vietnam) are all DELICIOUS. And they come in the right portion, small enough for you to have it yourself (if you’re feeling greedy!) and big enough for you to share (if you are poor backpacker students).

Coconuts are always freshly picked and cut open when you order (served with ice and lime). Staffs are friendly and service is ok. Place is simple and clean, I prefer to sit in the back garden where we can have conversation and not to be bothered by the noises of the motorbikes and cars. They have parking for maybe 10 motorbikes and if you drive car you can park on the street side a little bit up the road.

I believe there’re still rooms for improvement in their Vietnamese Coffee and Lemon grass tea. But other than that I’d be more than happy to eat here for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of my life. I’d be fat and frumpy, but regardless, happy.

Good job and I’ll see you around.
Jati

NOTE:
- Very casual and relax
- Has fan
- Open at 10am-9pm
- Lunch and dinner
- Has other place in Ubud
- (maybe) has wi-fi, I'm not sure.

• Visited January 2013