Stormrider Surfcamp Bali
  • Beachfront
All reviewssurf guidingrice fieldsdormsurferscouchnetsbaliescapemotorbike
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Location: It's a little bit out of the tourist zones, but it's still easy to get there (by taxi it's about 7$ to Seminyak or 10$ to Kuta).

Staff and Guides: All of them were really friendly and they gave you a really good time there.

Surf guiding: Good, but it wasn't a great variety (we went in two weeks to 7 different spots).

Surf school: Might not as professional as others, but you can see it also as advantage (there are no uniform lycras).

The Dorm: The Dorm looks really like the pictures you've probably seen and it's also clean.

I really recommend this camp for young people. I'd go again, especially because of the great atmosphere in the camp.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Miator
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed ten days at the camp. The place is perfectly located central to plenty of surf spots., far from stinky Kuta.

I attended a few surfcamps in the past and I can tell you this camp is the best I've ever been. It's really about surfing. There's twice a day a guided surf session with 2 extremely talented locals, they really want to help to push your level to the next.

Breakfast was great and staff is extremely friendly! Rooms were very luxurious and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stef S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Stormrider surfcamp Bali is (besides the Boardxhouse in Imsouane) the most luxurious surfcamp / surfresort we've ever been to. The double rooms (and even the dorm) are matching any high expectations of an european surfer. Next to that, the surfguides are super competent and the two guided surftours a day are well planned, always on time and never let you down in terms of wave quality. In contrary to some other surfcamps closer to Kutta this isn't exactly a party surfcamp. There are 7 double rooms and a 8 person luxury dorm, quite a lot of places to hangout and chill, the vibe is super relaxed - a place perfect to relax after surfing far away from noisy, busy, smelly, mushroom paradise Kutta. For me the perfect match and definitely a Surfcamp in Bali I'm going to visit again!

Shortly, the Stormrider Surfcamp Bali is definetly a place I would recommend to friends in our age or to couples of any age.

Thanks to Arndt, Herry, Ranu and the rest of the crew for the amazing time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank baguslife
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Beautiful place in the middle of rice fields.

Very nice Hotel with beautiful rooms, super clean and quiet. All regular rooms have AC and hot water included. Most beautiful dorm I have ever seen! no AC but every bed has their own fan, light and the mattress is 1.4 m and super comfortable!

It is definitely super cheap for what you get if you compare it with other camps or hotels!

The camp is around 20 min walk away from changgu eccobeach. Rent a scooter if you would like to go surfing on weekends or go out for dinner or coffee. It costs you around 5 $ a day.
The kitchen in the camp has actually everything you need.

Surf guiding was good. small group and very nice and friendly surf guides.

Room Tip: Outstanding dorm, beautiful doubles - whatever you choose, it is going to be good!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sharena01
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are living in Bali and i have tried to organize a surf camp with Raja Ombak for my son during the school holidays. They gave rates and schedules but they said they were busy for the first week of the holidays and we scheduled to start for the following week. We waited the week to pass by and when the starting day came the guys became unreachable. No pick up the phone, no reply to the text messages, i passed by the camp to find out what was going on just to be said from one surf instructor (that was sleeping) that he was busy with beginners and there was 'no option' he would take care of my kid (he was the one that scheduled the program with my son!) and that he handed over the job to what i understand to be the owner of the camp. I called and text many times the guy and he never picked up or reply. Beside being very rude and unprofessional, I am pissed off because my son wasted his school holidays waiting for the Raja Ombak guys to take care of him as they agreed to do.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank kikobali
StormriderSurfcamp, Owner at Stormrider Surfcamp Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

This person simply never stayed at our resort. Nor did any of his family. He did ask us for a service we dont offer, surfguiding for poeple who are not our guests.

We did tell him that we may could do this IF it fits our surf-guiding program and we would contact him in this case. We did NOT commit to offering him or any of his relatives any service. As it didnt fit into our guiding program for the next two weeks after he did contact us we naturally didnt contact him. After this two weeks he did put up this made up "review". Thats the whole story.

And yes, our surfguides may sleep on a saturday morning at 8 AM as Its their day off.

The statement "Stayed April 2013, traveled with family" under the "review" is FALSE and an intentional lie, like the whole "review" is.