“Goo, but not my style”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Canggu
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
“Goo, but not my style”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed in this 26 room resort in August 2013. Large bungalow with private pool and patio, surrounded with fish and lotus pond. Nice vegetation. Baledaquin bed, bathtub overlooking the fish pond. Great service at the front desk, restaurant and spa. transportation provided to the neighborhood. But too old, conservative, too quiet for me.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DanieleZamor
tuguhotels, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tugu Bali, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mrs Daniele ,

Thank you very much for staying with at Hotel Tugu Bali with your family and thank you for all your feedback. Hotel Tugu Bali is indeed located in the more tranquil neigborhood of Canggu, which is famous for its relaxed vibe, Balinese village life, famous surf waves and laid back setting.

Sine Bali is constantly changing, Hotel Tugu Bali reminds the guests why the felt in love with the island the first time: Balinese style suites with thatched roofs and ocean view or the privacy of a pool villa, all blended with antiques from the owner's collection, a friendly Balinese smile mixed with professional service, culinary highlights from all over the islands and the comfort and luxury of our a 5 Star hotel.

The nearby Seminyak with its modern hotels, restaurants, night life and boutiques makes it very attractive for those to like to escape the tranquility for a change for some hours.

Ms. Danielle let us know anytime how we can assist you further. We would love to see you and your family again at Tugu Bali or one of our sister properties in Lombok and Java.

Warmest Regards,
Rosiany T Chandra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is incredible. Very small, luxurious hotel. The staff is second to none. Not at all imposing, but, available to accommodate your every need. The property only has 22 rooms, I think? And.. for the most part, because of the size of the property, the design, and the privacy, you never see very many people. It is absolute tranquility and luxury. It is divine. Private plunge pool, gorgeous main pool, food and drinks as you request. Had one of the most amazing drinks - local liquor, star anise and cinnamon. Wow! Breakfast - awesome. Food, fantastic! Love love love the staff. Have I mentioned that? Grounds are stunning and decor exquisite. Easy to take any day trips from here and return home to settle in for the evening. We didn't quite realize how much we enjoyed the place until we left.. Would recommend without reservation, and would return in an instant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tuguhotels, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Tugu Bali, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hi Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
For your information, we have 21 suites, included 1 villa.

" Would recommend without reservation, and would return in an instant." This would be
a best quotes for us! Thank you

Should you try any other Tugu's hospitality, please kindly contact us. We would be glad
to welcome you again.

Best regards from all the Tugu Family,
Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our trip to Bali was made very special because of our stay here. The place looks like a movie set, it is most romantic and dreamy. The staff is kind, courteous, eager to make your stay most memorable. Although we have been for years wanting to make it to Bali, a friend came back disappointed (she did not stay at this hotel, which made sense after she told us where she stayed. More later) so we were a bit anxious at first. However, because of this gorgeous hotel, romantic setting and fabulous management, this is one trip we will never forget, and will always have the fondest memories. Half of the staff accompanied us outside as we got into the taxi to take us to Ubud, our next destination in the middle of the island. They were carrying gifts and a basket with provisions for our journey. It was so touching I was moved to tears. When we got back from Ubud we stayed overnight just for a few hours at a different beach and hotel, close to the airport. Had we stayed there the whole time, I would have felt the same as my friend. Much more commercial and busy, and so far removed from the paradise spot provided but Tugu. And the sunsets on their private beach are truly memorable. Thank you, Tugu Bali, for memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: Try to get one with an ocean view.
Hi Kaya,

Warmest Greetings from Tugu Bali. Glad to know you have had a memorable stay with us.
Thank you for your stay with us and have stopped by for the lovely comments as well

Kindest Regards,
PR Tuguhotels, Exotic Spas & Restaurants
England
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I spent 6 nights at this amazing and stunning hotel staying in a beach view villa. From arrival to departure we were made to feel special. Stunning gardens amazing food and the friendliest staff I have encountered. All genuine. High lights were the day long dragoon boat with 2 amazing guys De and Ren, knew where to take us for the best snorkelling, and sunrise breakfast on the beach. To be honest it was all a highlight. Only one glitch and nothing to do with hotel, the "fast boat" (took over 2 hours) from Bali to Lombok was a nightmare most passengers ill due to over whelming chocking diesel fumes we chose to fly back to Bali and its cheaper and only took 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Didn't mean to click on kids to best of my knowledge no facilities but I believe a fitness centr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Janelister,
Thank you for your positive comments. Glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Warmest Regards,
PR Tuguhotels, Exotic Spas and Restaurants
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Super large and comfortable bed, beautiful open bathroom, gorgeous antiques everywhere. For those who are not into antiques may find the hotel a bit creepy. But for me it's heaven! I've also stayed at their sister hotel in Malang, which also have lots of antiques.

Mosquitoes are apparently a problem, so they do fogging once a week. Unfortunately it happened on the 2nd day of our stay, so we decided to take a stroll on the beach while waiting for the smells to clear out.

I particularly love the afternoon tea, which can be served anywhere you want. Their chai is just excellent.

Overall, staying in Tugu is always a pleasant experience :)

Room Tip: Pick ground floor room with private plunge pool. Canggu beach isn't clean enough for regular non...
1 Thank GaiaRahardjo
StephanieTugu, Manager at Hotel Tugu Bali, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Gaia Rahardjo,

I am glad to hear that you love Tugu style and have already stayed in another of our property.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

The property being located by the ocean, mosquitoes are not a major issue, however as we are on a tropical island, preventive and regular fogging is scheduled for the convenience our our guests.

Should you wish to experience another Tugu property with a suitable beach and calm water for swimming and snorkeling , I recommend Hotel Tugu Lombok with its beautiful white sandy beach and crystal clear water.

We hope to see you again in any of our Tugu home,

Best regards from all the Tugu Family,

Melbourne
Reviewed July 14, 2013

More than anywhere else I have visited in Bali, Tugu captures all the grace and magic of traditional Indonesia. The owner is one of Indonesia’s premier antique and art collectors, and as the story goes started building boutique hotels to house his overflowing antique collection. Everywhere you turn is a slice of Indonesian history, starting with the entrance through the giant wantilan hall with soaring ceilings, sashaying drapes and giant wooden garuda statue. I have eaten here on previous visits - my boyfriend and I had a very memorable private dinner in the black chamber last year - accompanied by flickering red candles, antique masks and a divine goddess statue. This week I was desperately in need of pampering and decided to splurge on a 5 hour deluxe treatment known as ‘keraton leha leha’ which takes place in an outdoor pavilion in a private garden. It was not cheap – but the experience was priceless and left me feeling (and smelling) radiant and completely blissed out. Kadek, my therapist explained that this was a typical treatment given to Javanese princesses prior to their wedding day, and I have to say, I totally felt like a fairy tale princess - it’s a day I will remember for the rest of my life. A deeply relaxing massage was followed by an invigorating rice scrub and then a mask of avocado, a coating of yoghurt (to moisturise), and a final layer of turmeric (to make my skin glow). By then I was so relaxed my legs were like jelly and the therapist almost had to carry me to the bath tub filled with milk and flowers. While I soaked in the tub I listened to the waves crash on the beach just meters away and felt myself floating into a state of pure bliss. Lunch was part of the package and was served in a small pavilion set in the middle of a lotus pond, including jamu (traditional healing tonic) fresh fruit juice, fruit platter and vegetarian nasi campur.) Back at the pavilion I sat in the garden while the therapist massaged my hair and scalp with aloe vera and cream and then smoked it with sandalwood. Heavenly!

I did the treatment alone, but recommend taking a friend or lover – it is too wonderful an experience not to share.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
StephanieTugu, Manager at Hotel Tugu Bali, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Louisa66,

We are glad to hear that our 5 hours spa treatment made you feel like a "fairy take princess"
and that you also enjoyed the healthy lunch included in this package.

I will pass your beautiful review to our spa therapists who will be more than happy and on behalf of Waroeng Djamoe Spa team we thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others and we look forward to welcome you again in our spa.

Best regards,

atlanta
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Tugu was magical, the hotel is a beautiful property in a quiet part of Bali right on the beach. You wake up to sounds of the waves breaking on the shore and birds singing. The hotel respects the many histories and traditions found in Indonesia and you can find that in the architecture, hospitality, food, decor and overall ambiance of the property. The hotel is like a museum with beautiful artwork found in every corner inside and outside... Although the beach immediately infront of the hotel is not always easy to swim in (during low tide) you can see surfers riding waves early in the morning and late afternoon. The staff at the hotel is so helpful, they knew my name every time I called to ask for something and they were prompt and kind. The breakfast is amazing, you can request to have it anywhere in the hotel, in your room or the main lobby or the many little hidden spots around the hotel under trees or in coves... the food at the hotel is delicious.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the ocean on a higher floor, the only noise we heard was the ocean and birds...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StephanieTugu, Manager at Hotel Tugu Bali, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear travelingforlife100,

Thank you so much for your great review which shows how happy you were at our resort. We are delighted the way you have explained all our facilities & services. This is what the Tugu staff can offer & always strive to deliver the best for our dear friends. We are happy that you have been a part of Tugu family & giving us a chance to serve you. This is why our little Tugu is famous for, we want you make this place as your own home.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever plan another visit to our resort. We will be delighted to have you back & help you anytime,

Best regards,

Stephanie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
THE HAVEN SUITES Bali Berawa
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
#10 of 144 in Seminyak
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,583 reviews

Been to Hotel Tugu Bali? Share your experiences!