“I rode a wave!! :)”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I rode a wave!! :)”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ketut was great.. He challenged me, taught me what I needed, and encouraged me. He was attentive, his critique of me was constructive and a few times... a little bit of a laugh helped - he has humour threaded into your series of lessons and this helps make the learning that much more fun and memorable.

I stood up in my first lesson. I worked with him for 3 days and learned some good basics. It's a sport that takes time, and one week is minimal to actually get good (unless you are a prodigy! which is possible) so don't fret. He keeps you on a good pace and what I appreciated most is I wasn't babied... he helped me with my first few attempts and then taught me how to get back in again when he watched from away and rode out with me (even after some waves ate me alive... you learn how to conquer these too!)

What I did like is that he picked us up from the hotel, provided boards, and carefully chose our surf spots to ensure maximum results. (Seminyak, Kuta and Canggu all offer a different experience.. We stuck to Seminyak as the waves were best to learn from when I was out there. I slept in Canggu... 5-10 minute drive so don't fret about where you are).

Visited October 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great with kids”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Took my two boys (10 and 7) for their first lesson, had them standing up within the first hour.
Impressed with their dedication.

Singapore, null, Singapore
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Surfing with Silver Surf Makes It Easy as ABC”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Call Ketut for your surf lesson!! Forget Big Name like Billaborg or RipCurl Suf School. They contact in groups, expensive and speaks little English.
Ketut speaks excellent English and for the price you pay for a One on One lesson.
I would surf and balance on my second try!! Some surfer I observed doesn't even get into the water, whereas, Ketut followed me to the middle of the water and guide me through.
I have an excellent time learning from him.

Singapore, Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good surf instructor!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were beginners and Ketut did a great job teaching us the basics of surfing. All of us enjoyed the lesson though it was tiring and I would recommend his services to my friends.

New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This guy is awesome!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I booked with Ketut due to his reviews on trip advisor, and the small personal tuition mentioned. This is our first visit to Bali, and my 13 year old daughter really wanted to give surfing a try - so I booked her and my husband in for a lesson. They started just after 9am and didn't give up until they were both exhausted around 12pm - Ketut was brilliant, he had them both standing up, surfing and absolutely loving it. He was supportive, encouraging and extremely patient - even when my daughter was getting very frustrated with herself and getting her long legs in the right positions. At 400,000RP each I found it to be great value for money, the time and attention he gave them was excellent - if you want to learn to surf (or have some pointers) do not go past Ketut!!
I was only on the beach watching them, and had a wonderful morning