Wayan's Guest House
Hotel Tugu Bali(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$289
$214
Agoda.com
The Kirana Hotel Resto and Spa(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$51
$41
Agoda.com
KTS Balinese Villas by NGBali(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$70
$29
THE HAVEN SUITES Bali Berawa(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$135
$124
Aradhana Villas(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$162
Villa Berawa(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$110
Orbitz.com
FRii Bali Echo Beach, Hotel(Canggu)(Great Value!)
$46
$41
$78
$65
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsberawa beachhighly recommend it to everyonesingle travellercomfortable beda great place to staylaundry serviceguesthousebalidriver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wayan, Kadek and their family were the perfect hosts when we stayed with them for 4 nights in December 2013.
We felt welcome before we had even arrived, with a personal greeting via airbnb and the offer of a pick-up service from the airport. Wayan is a really friendly local guy with a great knowledge of Bali, and with fluent English he is able to tell you plenty of stories about his home and his culture.
The rooms in the guest house were perfectly clean, modern and luxurious. We especially loved the outdoor shower. We had a hammock to relax in outside and a lovely courtyard to wake up to. The guest house was only 5 mins walk to the beach and close to some food options but far enough from Kuta for us to chill out. (If you want to party in Kuta, this ain't for you- half hour taxi or 1 hour walk via the beach.)
We thoroughly enjoyed our day trip to the rice fields and local temples with Wayan as our guide. He provided us with all local information we needed to discover Canggu as well as organising a guide for a trip to Ubud. And when it rained, Wayan helped us get take away or arranged for us get into town. We couldn't have asked for more!

Thank you Wayan and Kadek for looking after us!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YolaFG
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Nice place to stay but I have to say Wayan is almost to nice. Most of the time when you are travelling and someone is this helpful is because they want something from you. Wayan could not do enough and expected nothing from you other than enjoy your stay with his family.
Thanks Wayan
Tl

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sam C
Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you are looking for a snobby 5 star hotel in the middle of town this is not your place. If you are looking for friendly, relaxing service that can't be beat this is the place.
Wayan is nothing short of awesome. If you wanted something, Wayan would make sure you got it. He arranged airport pick up and dropped us off himself. We went on a great tour of Bali and he even took all the picture for us. They are very good quality pictures.
We were unfortunately sick for a few days and Wayan got upset because we didn't tell him. He then brought us coconut juice to make us feel better. I'm pretty sure a hotel wouldn't do this for you.
We ran out of money one day and his wife lent us some. Find me a hotel that would do that for you.
We went surfing and our last lesson wasn't a good experience. He arranged for his friend to give us lesson. This again was great. If you go surfing check out Charlie Brown surf school. He's about learning and making sure you have a god time. He even cancelled a lesson due to bad weather.
Wayan even brought us to a few places around Canggu and suggested great restaurants.
The rooms are great there. We stayed in the double room. The bathroom is open air so you were showering with nature. When it rained really hard at night you didn't have to turn the shower on.
There are two air conditioners in the room and a big TV and they supply a hairdryer and soap. The beds are big and comfortable and if you needed more or less blanket they would get it for you immediately. Not bad for a guest house.
Wayan and his family are very welcoming and make a trip something to remember.
We arrived as guests and left as friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christy_ve
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My plan was to spend the month of June in Bali, immersing myself in the culture and studying Bahasa Indonesia language each day with a private teacher. I really lucked out in choosing Wayan's Guest House. The home-stay was fabulous, both for the experience with the family and the rooms. The Guest House is set out round a courtyard, the central focus of which is a shrine used for Balinese ceremonies. Wayan's parents are heavily involved with the local community, his father being the culture representative for the village and his mother preparing the traditional Balinese offerings for the shrines. Wayan himself is a fountain of information about Bali and can arrange anything you need - airport transfers, tours, etc. His wife Kadeh takes care of the rooms which are spotlessly clean, large and decorated beautifully and with care. I just loved the outdoor shower attached to each one too. Kadeh also runs a scooter rental from the premises which is very convenient. Wayan and Kadeh have two small children who interact with guests whenever invited to do so. The home stay is located in a relatively unspoilt area of Bali where you can still wander through the rice paddies, yet is right next to Berawa Beach, one of the better surfing beaches on Bali. With a scooter you can easily reach many and various restaurants and shops, both in Canggu and further afield in Seminyak and Kuta. From Canggu it is also easy to take a tour further North, and to Ubud if you so desire. I couldn't have been happier in my home stay experience with Wayan and Kadeh, so much so that I tried to book again for New Year but I was disappointed as it is so popular and was already booked out. Even so, Wayan arranged my airport transfers, and I stayed nearby, dropping round to see the family I have missed so much. I highly recommend Wayan's Guest House to those wanting a more genuine Balinese experience, with the extra care and attention provided.

Room Tip: All four rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I loved my stay at Wayan's. Not only is it steps from the beach, but Wayan and his family are very hospitable and helpful. I cut myself while surfing and they helped procure the right medicines to help me take care of it.

Also, they lent me a moped while I was staying here so that I could get around. I felt freedom here for the first time. :)

I was getting bitten everywhere in Bali, but his room was impeccably clean and there's wonderful AC. Eventhough the bathroom was open air, mosquitos weren't a problem, I can't say that for other 4* accommodations that I've tried.

Room Tip: He also has a 2 double bed room. Great if you have a travel companion or buddy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo