“Best stay ever”

and 1 more site!
Wayan's Guest House
Ranked #12 of 139 Canggu B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you are looking for a snobby 5 star hotel in the middle of town this is not your place. If you are looking for friendly, relaxing service that can't be beat this is the place.
Wayan is nothing short of awesome. If you wanted something, Wayan would make sure you got it. He arranged airport pick up and dropped us off himself. We went on a great tour of Bali and he even took all the picture for us. They are very good quality pictures.
We were unfortunately sick for a few days and Wayan got upset because we didn't tell him. He then brought us coconut juice to make us feel better. I'm pretty sure a hotel wouldn't do this for you.
We ran out of money one day and his wife lent us some. Find me a hotel that would do that for you.
We went surfing and our last lesson wasn't a good experience. He arranged for his friend to give us lesson. This again was great. If you go surfing check out Charlie Brown surf school. He's about learning and making sure you have a god time. He even cancelled a lesson due to bad weather.
Wayan even brought us to a few places around Canggu and suggested great restaurants.
The rooms are great there. We stayed in the double room. The bathroom is open air so you were showering with nature. When it rained really hard at night you didn't have to turn the shower on.
There are two air conditioners in the room and a big TV and they supply a hairdryer and soap. The beds are big and comfortable and if you needed more or less blanket they would get it for you immediately. Not bad for a guest house.
Wayan and his family are very welcoming and make a trip something to remember.
We arrived as guests and left as friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christy_ve

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My plan was to spend the month of June in Bali, immersing myself in the culture and studying Bahasa Indonesia language each day with a private teacher. I really lucked out in choosing Wayan's Guest House. The home-stay was fabulous, both for the experience with the family and the rooms. The Guest House is set out round a courtyard, the central focus of which is a shrine used for Balinese ceremonies. Wayan's parents are heavily involved with the local community, his father being the culture representative for the village and his mother preparing the traditional Balinese offerings for the shrines. Wayan himself is a fountain of information about Bali and can arrange anything you need - airport transfers, tours, etc. His wife Kadeh takes care of the rooms which are spotlessly clean, large and decorated beautifully and with care. I just loved the outdoor shower attached to each one too. Kadeh also runs a scooter rental from the premises which is very convenient. Wayan and Kadeh have two small children who interact with guests whenever invited to do so. The home stay is located in a relatively unspoilt area of Bali where you can still wander through the rice paddies, yet is right next to Berawa Beach, one of the better surfing beaches on Bali. With a scooter you can easily reach many and various restaurants and shops, both in Canggu and further afield in Seminyak and Kuta. From Canggu it is also easy to take a tour further North, and to Ubud if you so desire. I couldn't have been happier in my home stay experience with Wayan and Kadeh, so much so that I tried to book again for New Year but I was disappointed as it is so popular and was already booked out. Even so, Wayan arranged my airport transfers, and I stayed nearby, dropping round to see the family I have missed so much. I highly recommend Wayan's Guest House to those wanting a more genuine Balinese experience, with the extra care and attention provided.

Room Tip: All four rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I loved my stay at Wayan's. Not only is it steps from the beach, but Wayan and his family are very hospitable and helpful. I cut myself while surfing and they helped procure the right medicines to help me take care of it.

Also, they lent me a moped while I was staying here so that I could get around. I felt freedom here for the first time. :)

I was getting bitten everywhere in Bali, but his room was impeccably clean and there's wonderful AC. Eventhough the bathroom was open air, mosquitos weren't a problem, I can't say that for other 4* accommodations that I've tried.

Room Tip: He also has a 2 double bed room. Great if you have a travel companion or buddy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Justine L
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My Girlfriend and I stayed at Wayan's Guest House for 3 nights. Was an amazing experience, its clean & cozy. Plus Wayan truly understands how to make one's stay comfortable, to every query he had positive answers, any thing to do with Bali, just ask the man. From airport pickup to restaurants, hiring a scooter & at the best price available. I have traveled a bit of the globe and can say this was one of the best experiences. Cant wait to fly back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmiIndian
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wayan and his beautiful family where gracious, friendly, and ever so welcoming. I could not have asked for a better place to stay. My only issue I had is that I had to leave!!

Take me back to Bali, my beautiful Bali. I will forever love your country and I will forever recommend everyone go stay with Wayan, oh and the man is a brilliant photographer.

Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ByronSmith77
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stood for 1 Week in Wayan's Guesthouse which is located in Canggu. The village is quite silent. Only a few hotels are there and the Berawa beach is not overcrowded. A few surfers and guest's from other hotels are there. Swimming is possible. Be careful with the currents.
Wayan and his family are very friendly. The rooms are big and clean. The whole homestay is in a silent side street. A few restaurants and Warungs are closed to the homestay.
All rooms having an AC, Flatscreen, DVD and free WIFI. The beds are very comfortable.
The open bath is also clean and quite big.
We can 100% recommend this homestay. Wayan organises sightseeing tours on demand.
Most rooms having a patio (terrace).
The distance to Kuta is round about 20 min by car. Taxi is about 80.000 Rupiah (one way).
It is possible to rent a Scooter at Wayan's homestay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We chose this guest house to be near breawa beach. The guest house is down a small gang and only 200 meters to beach to carry boards. The rooms are perfect, clean great sheets and towels, tv DVD player fridge and black out curtains. A nice verander outside with table and chairs and some wooden longes in garden. Our children had the huge twin room with couch etc . It's a place to relax , read and watch wayans family in their day to day activities. You are in a compound, guest rooms one dide smsll garden temple and scooter oarking, wayans area on other side. Even though they live on the other side of the yard you never felt like it was too close. Cafe canggu walking distance, restaurant around corner, de sini for yoga walking distance too. If you can ride scooter great but taxi no issues and about 35000 into seminyak eat street etc. it does not have pool but beach at end or pay for a session at nearby hotels if you need a pool session. We walked into seminyak about 45 mins on beach . Wayan and family perfect kind hosts nothing too much trouble often gave us lift to places.
Stay here if your wanting great clean rooms, daydreamy veranders and hammocks and
wanting to stroll and observe and surf

• Stayed: July 2013