We stayed at Wayan's guesthouse for 20 days in July and it has been wonderful!
If you don't look for the crazy party lifestyle, but instead you are looking for a quieter area that is well connected to everything and you can drive a scooter, canggu area is the best for you:
- 3" walk to the berawa beach -great beach break for surfers!-(part of a large coastal stretch of about 8 km, running north from the village of Berawa to the village of Cemagi (just south of Tanah Lot)
- 3" scooter to the nearest very good café (canggu café)
- 3" scooter to the nearest very good balinese massage place
- 5" scooter the the nearest cafes/restaurants/little stores area
- 20" scooter to the main (seminyak or others) shopping/restaurants/café areas
Please consider as you go with your scooter along the roads you are going to see ricefields, temples, street life scenes, local people ecc, then even a 20" scooter ride is cool and worth it!!!
We had one of the 3 rooms facing the garden, big, spacious, incredibly clean (I had to do my stretching routine on the floor at night and I couldn't spot ONE speck of dust), safety box, huge window, fridge with super cheap soft drinks and beer provided (big enough to store there your own stuff too), extra comfortable king size bed, big Sony tv (+dvds provided), powerful air conditioning, comfy bathroom with a big shower, very good wifi connection.
- there's the house kitchen which you can use to cook your meals, (even if the food served in the many beautiful restaurants and café is so good and cheap you won't be wasting your time in the kitchen lol). we just used it for preparing our breakfast since we used to wake up super early for surfing and the cafes where obviously not open yet at 6am.
free coffee and water are provided, among the usual kitchen supplies there's a toaster and a boiler.
- you can rent your motorbike at Wayan's (it's around IDR 40k for a short rent, but you can have even a better price for longer rents:)
you can have scooters with the racks if you need, and the scooters are all in perfect conditions
- Wayan can arrange Tours for you, driving himself or arranging your trip with one of his super trusted drivers. All you need to do is just tell Wayan your needs and be sure he will arrange the most wonderful experience for you. For example we wanted to make at least a snorkeling experience and he arranged for us a day tour where we went to Nusa Dua, took a boat ride to do some beautiful snorkeling, came back, do some nice shopping at a local market and a quick lunch, head to Padang Padang, enjoy a bath there in the cristalline water, then go to Tana Loth, explore the temple, then attend the cerimony with the balinese dance, then finally go to have dinner at Jimbaran fisherman village where we had a memorable grilled fish meal. Of course the activities price is on you, but Wayan has the ability to make the most out of even a single day, which is PRICELESS when there is so much to see and so little vacation time! (he can also arrange two day tours! prices are around IDR 600k per day!)
Wayan's family is wonderful, and this contributes to create the whole peaceful atmosphere of his guesthouse, which is something you can really "breathe" as you step in. They are super helpful, open and fun!!! We had some good laughs all togheter :))) I also think what makes this place great is the family is still living the balinese way, but same time is extremely well connected with the western lifestyle. Wayan and Kadek speak fluent english and they are extremely experienced in handling tourists, if you add the fact that they perfectly know Bali, here we go, memorable experienced packed for you!
I would definitely recommend Wayan's guesthouse to anyone!
But please hey, leave just one little spot for us next year!!!!!!! LLOLLL!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy and natural Balinese house compound, nice garden, and just less than 5 minutes to the beach, but away from the shops, and those touristic stuff. Ideal for those who would like to experience the stay with Balinese Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Wayan's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wayan`s Guest House Hotel Canggu
- Wayan's Guest House Bali/Canggu