What a find! This 4 roomed “guest house” is a collection of 4 self-contained units arranged around 2 sides of the perimeter of a traditional Indonesian family compound. (The photos give a better idea) Wayan has added studio-grade sound proofing so they may as well be completely detached. I actually said “wow” as we were shown our room, and again when I saw the bathroom with outdoor shower.
The important stuff:
Huge king size bed. Good mattress + clean linens
Powerful rain shower head
A choice of air conditioning and a central fan, situated in a traditional vaulted roof (again see pics)
Flat screen TV
Satellite TV + Dvd player with huge selection of DVDs
Fridge in room
Tea, Coffee + water on demand
Fast Wi-fi that works!
Classical Indonesian design.
The beach is just down the road and the sunsets are beyond breathtaking. Every evening people congregate to watch the sunset with a beer in hand or to meditate. There's a beach front hotel so you can sit there a sip a watermelon smoothy.
We ate at Cafe Canggu most nights as it was a 10 minute walk – quite dark on the road. We didn't get to Echo beach which is the next one up, but were told by other guests they have a beach front restaurant where you choose your fish from the day's catch and they cook it for you. Taxis are really cheap, so dining out for the evening is easy. Or hire a scooter.
Wayan and Kadek are a warm and lovely couple who will do everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It only took a day or so before I felt as though I was part of the family. Nothing is too much trouble - organising motorbike hire, a day tour to the sights of your choice with Wayan as your personal guide in his air-conditioned 4X4. It was the cultural experience for us, having a window into day to day Balinese family life
Warmth and professionalism sum up the experience. I can't recommend them highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy and natural Balinese house compound, nice garden, and just less than 5 minutes to the beach, but away from the shops, and those touristic stuff. Ideal for those who would like to experience the stay with Balinese Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Wayan's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wayan`s Guest House Hotel Canggu
- Wayan's Guest House Bali/Canggu