“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 105 Canggu B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

After an initial mix up by Hostels.com (don't use them to book with Wayan, just go direct), I was nervous, but Wayan is a nice guy and went the extra mile to accomodate me in his Uncle's place, next door.
This review therefore isn't for Wayan's directly, but other rooms within the family compund, which I guess are of a similar standard. Basically, this was the best place I stayed in Bali - Wayan's family is great and very hospitable, the linens and a/c are top quality, rooms are very clean, there was a brand new TV in my room, internet access and hot showers. Great setting too, just by Cangguu beach. Highly reccomended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Wayan S, Owner at Wayan's Guest House, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Hi Caroline,
Thank you for your input, in the future I'll try to advised my clients to book directly to my website. By the way, it was lots of fun assisting you for the Kintamani Tour, and testing the Luwak Coffee.
We are looking forward for your next visit ;)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Wayan and his family are lovely. Their guest house is beautiful, comfortable, clean, quiet and cosy. It feels like a second home now. It is located far from touristic areas which is great if you want peace. But actually it is really easy to rent a scooter and travel around. Wayan can drive you if you need to go further and even make arrangements if you want to go to gili islands.
Thank you very much Wayan and your family we really had a great time and we can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wayan S, Owner at Wayan's Guest House, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Hi Frederick, Thank's for the review, it was fun to have you in the house also on those trips and we're looking forward for your next visit.
Hugs,
Wayan
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Wayan and his wife and two small children make the whole experience here that much sweeter.

My boyfriend and I are traveling around the world and were looking for a place to land for a few days, near the beach, where we could do some much-needed travel planning for the upcoming month, take a hot shower in a clean bathroom, zone out in front of the TV at night, and get our laundry done. All of our needs and then some were met.
Our room has two double beds with clean, white linens and fluffy duvets. The AC keeps us cool and comfy, the plasma TV has more channels than I have time to surf, and the bathroom is spacious and new! The wi fi in our room is fast too, and the outdoor shower is lovely. All ammenities (toilet, sink, refrigerator, etc) are brand new, and there's plenty of piping hot water.

Wayan is a super chill, personable guy and seems to be very helpful. He's even going out of his way to help us with some banking issues we've had in Bali, in addition to lining up a taxi ride to Ubud in a couple of days for us.

Last, Wayan's place is just a block from the beach. We love The Beach House restaurant on Echo beach, a 15 minute walk north up the beach, and also the three restaurants on the beach in the other direction, south, heading toward Seminyak, also about a 15 minute walk down the beach. The Boat House bar and Potato Head bar are both fun spots to have a drink on the beach.

I would recommend Wayan's place to anyone... whether it be my parents or budget travelers. The price is very competitive but the rooms are fantastic.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Wayan S, Owner at Wayan's Guest House, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Hi Rob, Thank you so much for dropping some paragraphs in here to share your experience while staying with us, and hoping you'll have another nice day in Ubud. Looking forward to having you again after Gili ;)
Cheers,
Wayan & Family.
chur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

One Nigh turned into 6 weeks!! The perfect hosts, very nice and very clean bedrooms, very quiet and relaxed, a kitchen to use and just a few minuts from world famous surf spots. If you want to party, crazy kuta is also just a few minuts away by scooter. This truly is the place to be, i highly recommend it to everybody. I will be back for sure!!

1 Thank corsin
Wayan S, Owner at Wayan's Guest House, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Hi Brow, thank you for taking a chance to dropping some lines to share your experience while staying with us. We're looking forward for your visit, hopely next year ;)
It starts to rain since the last couple of days, it just reminds me to the new experiences that you have everyday with your lovely motorbike, hahahha.....!!
Good luck my man.....
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Mostly recomended! Real hospitable and cosy gesthouse. I remember time spended at Wayan's house with great pleasure! No need to be in a hurry)))

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna201166
Hi Anna,
So glad to hear from you again, it was a lots of fun for being able to have you in the house and also assisting you for the trip to East Part of Bali, in addition thank's for recommending the fast boat company to Gili, now I have a good partnership with them.
Warm regards from Bali ;)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at Wayan's guest house on my recent trip to Bali. I stayed on 2 separate occasions on my trip and both rooms I had at Wayan's guest house were clean, comfortable and just what I needed. Wayan and his wife, and the family, were very welcoming.

I highly recommend this guest house. The guest house is not in the touristy areas of Kuta or Seminyak, but if you fancy a trip into these areas the taxis are cheap, or you could hire a bike and drive yourself. I took myself to Kuta for a day and it was lovely to return to the calm of Wayan's guest house in the evening and go to the lovely Canggu cafe for dinner. As Wayan’s guest house is in Canggu where taxis are not driving around a taxi can easily be organised if necessary (I walked to the larger hotel about a 1 minute walk away and they called a taxi for me).

There is no breakfast provided at Wayan’s guest house, but there is a kitchen area which is available for you to use- in the kitchen there is bottled water, tea, coffee and bananas which guests can help themselves to. I visited the hotel about a 1 minute walk away for my breakfast as they were situated on the beach and offered a good value breakfast menu.

Wayan and his wife were very kind hosts, the rooms were really good value, and if I go back to Bali I would definitely stay at Wayan's again.

In addition Wayan organised someone to pick me up at the airport and organised for me to be driven to the airport on the day of my departure (via a bakery for coffee and a delicious banana muffin!)- really helpful not to have to think any more about these things once booked!

The beach that is really close to the guest house has quite a large surf and strong rips. I am a strong and confident swimmer but as I was travelling on my own I didn’t feel comfortable to swim in the sea from a safety point of view, whereas at Kuta and Seminyak I had no qualms about being in the sea on my own. The time of year and tides etc. may change but I thought it was worth noting.

1 Thank JoopsUk
Hi Debbie,
Thank you so much for your time to share your experiences while staying with us.
All the best for you and again, we are so looking forward to having you again in the house.
Cheers,
Wayan & family ;)
Concarneau, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 nights in Wayan's guesthouse, and we loved it.

Wayan's familly is wonderful. Wayan is fantastic and his wife is very kind. They are perfect hosts.

The guesthouse is really lovely and calm, rooms are very clean and the garden is very beautiful. I spent some relaxing hours in the porch hammock. It's very peaceful place.

From Wayan's guesthouse, you have the beach (berawa beach) where you can surf or canggu beach. You can see beautiful ricefields! And you have a good restaurant : the canggu cafe.

Thanks to Wayan and his family for their kindness during our stay!!

We will be back for sure!!!

Laetitia and Manu