“So fresh. So clean.”
Review of Enigma Bali Villas

Enigma Bali Villas
Ranked #96 of 283 Specialty Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have made a wise choice on this place. The entire staff, kind, honest and willing to help. They also really make you feel like your at home.
Thumbs up for the breakfast and.........coffee lolz!!!!!!! Can't forget booking the tours as well.
I can't think of any hiccups on my end, for I really got what I needed. Privacy and relaxation.
The walk to the beach is about 10-15 mins away, which was worth it. As a first timer in Bali, this trip was a great learning experience.

Enigma Bali villas, worth coming back to. Much Love and respect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EnigmaBaliVillas, Owner at Enigma Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

What an amazing review from you. I relay appreciate your honest feedback. Bali is such a great place to relax, i'm going there since 13 years and it never gets boring. Hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Enigma Bali Villas

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have just stayed for 2 weeks and I am still sulking to be back home, Linna and Lena ( possibly spelt that wrong) were so fabulous and helpful, lovely breakfasts, booking of spa treatments in the villa and excursions at great prices. They also arranged a bike which is pretty essential. The housekeeping was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them both.As long as you asked, they could sort it. The best thing was the private pool, in a climate like Bali's it was so welcoming, I am surprised my husband and I didn't turn into frogs as we were never out of it. We are already arranging a trip back for next year. Pat who owns the villa was brilliant and swift at answering queries before we got there, so I must thank her too, Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: go for the 2 bedroom villa with the private pool even if there's just the 2 of you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your satisfaction with our services is our top priority.
Nevertheless please always feel free to let the staff know instantly if there is anything we can improve.

I have personally inform my two ladies that you liked their service and certainly their breakfast.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed for almost one week in Bali with my wife.
It was a excellent stay full of relaxing and re-energizing.
We used the friendly house service for organization of massage, scooter rental, breakfast, dining and fresh fruit drink service. Each of it was more worth than the price.

We traveled around the island and enjoyed communicating in English (!) with the friendly natives.

This is a perfect place for relaxing away from mass tourism.
We will come back for sure.

Room Tip: the two bigger rooms with big pool are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IngoDreher
EnigmaBaliVillas, Owner at Enigma Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear valued guest,

thank you for this review to Enigma Bali Villas. We always appriciate a honest feedback and we are glad you could enjoy your holiday here. The Spa service is great, i do also enjoy it myselfe when i'm there. Driving around with a scooter is the best thing to do and a lot of fun.

Wish you all the best and we are looking forward to host you again.

Greetings
Enigma Bali Villas

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The villas here are spacious, comfortable and absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the 1 bedroom villa for a couple of nights before upgrading to the 2 bedroom villa as we wanted a pool and were very happy with the decision. The villas are located in beautiful Bali countryside surrounded by rice terraces and close to the amazing Echo Beach which is great for surfing and has very nice restaurants for all day dining. I would recommend hiring a scooter which was only $6 a day to get around the area, the roads are very quiet around here. Staff here are excellent - very friendly and always helpful. Great place to stay for families with kids, and also very romantic place for couples. The kitchenette is well equipped. We didn't have a problem with the lighting - after reading the reviews I would say the place has been revamped a bit. Yes, the jacuzzi is no longer there however the pool is huge and has a small spa area so I don't really have any complaints about that. Some taxi drivers have trouble finding the place however we soon found that they know the street (Pererenan) which Enigma is close to, and can find it from there very easily without a problem. It is not so far from Kuta central and very close to Tanah Lot and the mountains and volcano. Location is excellent if looking for a quiet retreat but still want to be close enough to the action.

The villas are very luxurious and it will be hard to leave.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily P

Dear Emily,

we are glad you enjoyed your stay here. We are always thankful for any feedback we can get, to improve.

To start herewith, to improve the sleep quality we have added further pillow types for all our beds to better fit persoanl preferences.

We are working on the street signs. Will post here as soon we have completed this.

Looking forward to host you again anytime in the future.

Your Enigma Bali Villas Team

Reviewed November 23, 2012

After reading all the good reviews, we booked Enigma Villa expecting great service and a comfortable stay. It was our first wedding anniversary and both of us were sure we had made the right decision even though the price seemed inflated for the off-season visit. On our arrival, we were greeted by the hostess Lynn and shown to our villa - Enigma. Upon entering the villa, we were given complimentary fruit basket and drinks. Our bed had beautiful flower decoration with Happy anniversary drawn across it. We were pleased. However, things started going bad immediately. The villa claims that it has a jaccuzi, but there was no such facility. We were told that it has been shut down as no one used it. Secondly, as vegetarians, we planned to make our own food at the villa. As advertised, i expected a fully equipped kitchen, however upon examination, i found it fully empty! The microwave did not work, and when asked for a replacement, i was told that i should use the microwave in the next villa which was empty. There were no knives or vessels (except one rusty pan for omlette). At night there were too many mosquitoes and there was no sofa facing the television. I guess we were supposed to stand and watch the tv. the pool was the only good thing. It was also too dim and gloomy in the evening. You can forget about reading a good book in the night. The bedroom aircondition was pathetic and did not cool up the entire night. We checked both the bedrooms aircon and both were in bad state and not giving enough cooling. At night, the villa is so dark, it is not a comfortable place to stay and is in the middle of nowhere. If you have a family with kids, please dont book here. Your kids will find this place spooky and you will constantly be worried about them. I also want to mention that the complimentary fruit basket was removed the second day of our stay even though we did not try any fruits. Also the locking and unlocking of the villa main door and bedroom was cumbersome. we had to search through all the keys in the bunch to open and close the villa as well as the bedroom. It w;as not at all convenient. On the last day, while settling the bills i was given a shock when i realized I was being charged for the flower decoration on the bed (which is usually given as a complimentary gesture at most hotels) which i did not even order. I put my foot down and refused to pay for it. i had also ordered a half kg fruit cake and nice dinner table to be set up for our anniversary dinner. The cake turned out to be choclate cake (none of us like choclate) and i was charged around 30SGD for this! when i asked for receipt, i was told it was lost. I can clearly see i was fleeced. I would never return to this villa ever and would advise anyone who wants to stay here to carry torch, mosquito repellent and a your own kitchen equipment, as well as a cooler... you would also need headache pills, as this inconvenient place would give you some headaches. I should however add that Lynn as a hostess was nice and friendly. She was also very helpful. But you would find cheaper and more comfortable place for the same price closer to the city.

Room Tip: I did not find anything great about the rooms we saw. They were all dark and gloomy in the evening...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank gl0betr0tter701
EnigmaBaliVillas, Owner at Enigma Bali Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
It's always important to us to get honest and prompt feedback.
I wished I would have received this feedback while your stay so I would have had the change
to make it better.

On all your pints we were able to change - we did. Let me summarize it here for all upcoming guest:

Jacuzzi: infact we closed the Jacuzzi because no usage in hot Bali. It has been taken out of our advertising since day of closure. (in globetrotters case your booking was before that time)

Kitchen: The kitchen is fully equipped. I checked personally and added all items I could thing of are convenient for guest preparing their own food. All items looking used I exchanged in new ones.

Fruit Baskets: are complimentary for our valued guest. They are not taken from the Villas. I advised the staff accordingly.

Location: The Villas are in Canggu. A place in the middle of Ricefields. It's in walking distance to the ocean. Its a place to relax and to enjoy nature.

Lights: I assume all level of lights can be set outside and in the rooms. In the garden we like to lit candles for a romantic experience. All rooms have either ceiling light or a standing light or a bedside table light. It can be combined according to your preferences.

Actually in the garden we added some very beautiful lightnings hanging in the trees.

Every time we are trying to improve our place little by little to let it be your perfect place to relax.

Thankful for all feedbacks
The Owner

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Located on a beautiful, quiet place near by the beach and close to the restaurants and bars area, Enigma Bali Villas was the best choice for my stay in Bali.
Starting from the pickup at the airport, the staff was extremely friendly and helpfull, they recieved us with cold water and fresh towels in the car and in around 30 minutes we were at the villas.
In the villas the staff was extremely nice with us (english speakers), we made check-in on our villa and it was gorgeous! We booked the enigma villa so we had our private pool and a big bedroom and a welcome package which was a fruit basket:).
On our second day we had the continental breakfast which was good, fresh (fruit, juice, scrambled eggs) and for lunch we ordered the Baliepicure and it was exquisite!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Its room service, they come dressed with a typical dress and they deliver you the food. After that we had a massage for 10 USD and then went to the nearest beach "Eco Beach" which is really nice and has a lot of activities.
If you have any doubts about tourist attractions or information, at the reception Linna can help you with everything.
I HIGHLY recommend Enigma Bali Villas, its unique and you really get the chance of experiencing Indonesia... Definitely will go back soon!!
Thankx to Linna and all the staff who made my stay in Indonesia so enjoyable!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erodriguez92

Dear Rodriguez,

we are glad you enjoyed your stay here. We are looking forward to host you soo again.
Greetings from Lina to you.

Your Enigma Bali Villas Team

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I can't say enough about enigma villas, we really didn't want to leave!
There are only three villas within the complex all of which have been beautifully built and decorated to make you feel completely relaxed.

Each villa has been built with luxury in mind especially the larger ones with individual private pools and kitchens with optional private chef facilities!

The staff are lovely, friendly and can't do enough to make sure that your stay is one to remember.

Bali has a saying "hard to find hard to forget" and this is true of Enigma as the villas did take our taxi driver a while to find!

The little village where the villas are set is also llvely with a cute little local shop and warung where we ate for under a dollar and felt more than welcomed by the tourists.

The local beach is about at 10-15min walk with echo beach just a further 15mins walk away along the beach if you're looking for a little more life!

Would definitely stay here again and will be recommending to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad you liked your stay at Enigma Bali Villas.

Yes the slogan is true "it's hard to find and hard to forget"

We recommend to download our Travel Kit from our website where you have directions and phone all on one page.

We are on the way to improve our signage on the road.

But remember it shall stay the "Little secret of Bali"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
Sotis Villas
United Colors of Bali
United Colors of Bali
#4 of 139 in Canggu
The Bali Dream Villa & Resort

Been to Enigma Bali Villas? Share your experiences!