“Pure bliss”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canggu
Bliss Sanctuary for Women
Ranked #2 of 283 Specialty Lodging in Canggu
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My sister and I recently spent a week relaxing at Bliss. When we first arrived at the airport we were greeted by our friendly driver Bagus who had a bottles of cold water in hand, which were greatly appreciated because I forgot how hot Bali can be, even in the evening. From the moment that we arrived at Bliss and were greeted by our wonderful hostess, Kari, we totally looked after to the highest level. Kari ensured that our every need was catered for, and our days were spent in total relaxation. The staff really are what makes Bliss such a special place to visit. Nini and Kadek cook up the most delicious food; we spent a good portion of our trip in a food coma! The girls very sweet and even bought me Mangosteens when I mentioned that they were a fruit that I particularly loved. Koman looks after the gardens, and you can see the hard work that goes into keeping them looking perfect. Wayan and Vera came in every day to give us massages and various treatments; they were always a highlight of my day. The girls were kind enough to help me with my Indonesian whilst I was getting a pedi/mani. Bagus is the wonderful driver, who will take you wherever you need, and knows where all the best shopping spots are. He is a great guide and a great source of information. You can see how much the staff like working there. I would recommend Bliss to anyone who wants a solo trip or a trip with a special female in your life. You will be completely looked after, and will feel fresh and rejuvenated at the end of your stay. I would like to thank everyone at Bliss for giving my sister and I such a special holiday, one that we will never forget. Terima kasih banyak untuk semua staf di Bliss!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Bliss Sanctuary for Women

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I wanted to plan a fuss-free trip with my daughter, Dew, who was returning to Singapore from her first-year uni studies in Brisbane. I chanced upon Bliss Sanctuary from reading a book I picked up from the book store, "Adventures of 2 Girls" by Ning Cai and Pamela Ho. They had landed at Bliss Sanctuary as their last destination after a 9-month long road trip across different parts of the world and described a really blissful time at Bliss.

Bliss! That was what I wanted.

It didn't take me long to email Zoe and it was surreal to make contact and finally arrive at a destination described in a book.

We were not disappointed and the staff was exactly as the other reviewers had described; warm, friendly, gracious, gentle and caring. They were also full of affectionate humour.

Special thanks also to Kari, our Bliss hostess, who was so new to the job, yet made every effort to make us feel welcome and took care of our every need without being intrusive. She makes the effort to connect with all guests, yet respectful of people's need for privacy. A truly special person!

Needless to say, Dew and I were well-rested by the time we left. It was Dew's first time in Bali and definitely a very memorable experience. The masseuses, Wayan and Vera, were fantastic! It truly was a luxury to select from an array of different kinds of treatment each day and to enjoy such pampering.

Bagus, the driver, is professional, yet friendly. His easy-going demeanour and smile endeared him to us!

Nini and Kadek, the cooks, are just lovely, catering their culinary skills to whatever we wanted from the menu. Most memorable were the BANANA PANCAKES! I had them everyday!

Komang, the security/gardener, took great care of the place. Excellently clean and a well-kept garden. And he did a magnificent bbq seafood dinner for us the first night we were there!

I would definitely recommend this place for :
1. Solo traveller - great place to be alone, relax and reflect
2. Mother and daughter - fab time!
3. Girlfriends (2 or more, guaranteed for a great time!)

Room Tip: I had the room next to the Bliss hostess room. It was good. Spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Bliss sanctuary runs expertly under the co-ordination of Bliss hostess Kari.
All of the lovely team here work extremely hard to ensure a seamless, stress free totally relaxing experience.
High praise to all involved, loved my room and the gorgeous surroundings, all carefully considered and integrated to facilitate an escape from the outside world.
Every woman could plan a treat like this on a yearly basis- the benefits are enormous.
Karen Grant. Sydney Australia.

Room Tip: All rooms equally peaceful and gorgeous.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank aimee453
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was looking for some time out from what had been a hectic year and wanted to travel alone. I had been considering staying at a retreat somewhere in Australia when it was suggested to me that I should check out Bliss Sanctuary in Canggu, Bali.

Bliss was exactly what the doctor ordered. It is in a peaceful spot no too far from Seminyak but far enough away that it doesn't feel like tourist central. The most fantastic yoga studio/retreat is only 5 minutes in one direction and the beach only a few minutes in the other direction.

The hostess Louise was vivaceous, warm and friendly and only too happy to do anything to make sure my stay at Bliss met my needs- whether that be time alone to read quietly; a massage; a bike trip to yoga; a day outing to Ubud or something to eat.

The settling is lovely and Bliss only accommodates up to about 6 women at a time which means it doesn't feel like a hotel and there is plenty of space to do your own thing. At the same time, there are always other guests and staff to chat to if you feel like it.

Bliss is definitely worth considering if you need some time out and like the idea of having a holiday that is tailored to your needs. If you want to laze by the pool and read, you can. If you want to have a day trip to Ubud, it will be organised. If you fancy a massage at a particualar time either in your room our out overlooking the pool, it shall be done.

One of the true gems of Bliss is the wonderful staff. Except for Zoe and our excellent hostess Louise, all of the staff were locals and were so warm and open and willing to do anything to make my stay enjoyable.

If you are after some quiet time out, an opportunity to recharge or fancy heading away with a couple of girlfriends for some 'girlie time', Zoe and her team have the perfect solution - Bliss Sanctuary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the most blissful birthday celebration at the Bliss Sanctuary for Women in beautiful Bali. It was the perfect recipe for getting the rest, relaxation, pampering and cultural/spiritual experience that I was seeking. The beauty about Bliss is that I was able to tailor my experience to my own individual needs. Louise, our hostess, was an integral part in this and made sure that I structured my stay the way I wanted to spend my time. Louise has such an exuberant, enthusiastic and vibrant spirit that I will surely miss. She was also very thoughtful and surprised me with a yummy birthday cake on my birthday.

At Bliss, I loved the traditional Balinese style décor of the villa as well as the daily fresh fruit juice and freshly cut papaya, mangoes and pineapples that I had each morning. I also miss the mango pancakes and daily massages!

Memorable experiences include riding on back of a motorbike past rice paddies to attend yoga class, cooking school at Tugu, walking and catching the sunset on the beach, healing session with Sammie, reading with Ketut Liyer, tarot reading with Leslie,and conversation and laughter with Irene and Louise and staff.

The staff at Bliss are all quite wonderful. Bagus, the driver is like a tour guide and can give you good information about the Balinese culture. Kedic and Nini, the cooks, are friendly and cook you delicious meals with a smile. Wayan and Fera are there to take care of your massages, facials and manicure/pedicure needs and Wayan’s massages get out all the knots!. I wasn’t able to meet with Zoe directly since she is offsite, but she was always accessible via email and clearly cares about all the women who come to Bliss. Thank you Louise, Zoe and the Bliss staff for making my 40th Bali birthday so memorable!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bee H
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have just returned from a blissed out week in Bali. Having recently lost my partner I was feeling very insecure about traveling on my own. The staff at Bliss Sanctuary for women looked after me so well after a few days it started to feel like home. Louise the hostess is an absolute delight!!
She was always helpful and smiling. She could not do enough to make my stay pleasant and memorable. I would recommend to any woman who is looking for some time out for herself to check out Bliss Sanctuary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Irene L
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed for a week in April earlier this year. My stay was part of a media stay for Complete Wedding Sydney magazine.

The villa is set in beautiful Canggu, which is set back from the tourist hubs of Seminyak and Kuta. It feels more like the real Bali, though with a significant ex-pat presence. Though not a surfer, I also observed that the beach (a short walk from the Villa) was a bit of a surfers paradise.

Highlights of my 4 day stay included the daily beauty treatments and massages by the Villa pool, and the beautiful team who are there to cater to your every whim. With the Villa only accommodating up to 3-5 women you can be assured of the very best personal attention and care.

Bliss Sanctuary is truly about finding your own bliss. There is no rigid structure or itinerary that must be followed. You decide what your bliss is and they make it happen.

Highly recommended for single female travelers and 'girlie' getaways (e.g. hens retreats!).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank BriRag
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canggu
The Kunja Villas & Spa
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak
The Oberoi Bali
The Oberoi Bali
#10 of 147 in Seminyak

Been to Bliss Sanctuary for Women? Share your experiences!