All reviewspersonal butlerbutler servicesunset cocktailsprivate poolour honeymoonthe general manageroutdoor living roomseminyak areamassage at the spahuge bedroomour night staymini bartotal privacysome great restaurantsmodern designsized poolenjoy bali
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderfully relaxing 5 day break at Ametis. The villas were an oasis of calm in which to completely unwind, with the staff discretely attentive throughout the stay. We stayed in one of the Imperial Villas, Mesquite, which was very spacious, well-appointed and decorated to a very high standard. We were celebrating our "second honeymoon" and our butler, Gus Tut, effortlessly organized many special touches - private picnic, dinner and trips - which made the experience truly memorable for us both. We will remember the candlelight dinner in our villa on our last night for many years to come. The quality of the spa staff and facilities were also excellent and added to the sense of total relaxation in the villas. The quality of the food was very high and the service impeccable. We would thoroughly recommend Ametis.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Des G
Reviewed May 21, 2012

So where do I start..... the quality/details of the villa furnishings, the size of the villa, the excellent service of their butlers... i just don't know. One world to describe our experience there. Excellent with a hint of class! The property works on a unique service interaction called the "Butler" system. Each villa is assigned a butler who you face off against. Your Butler is your waiter, your driver, your conceirge, and if you develop a good enough relation, your friend. Nothing is too much to ask of them which IMO makes it a 5 star service that is very unique for the Ametis.

Everyone at the Villa makes your trip very welcoming. Not one time did I see one person there who looked unhappy. Akiko (general manager) and her team really does try to make the experience a unique and positive one for each of the villa guest and I hope that she and her team will keep continuing their great work!

We had a butler called Cahyadi and stayed at the Ametrine. I would totally recommend him. Give him a 2 days and he know what snacks you like, what drinks you like, what restaurants to recommend you to try, and nothing is too much for him to ask. For example, he packed a kilo of the villa peanuts for me on the last day we left on purpose without me asking because I fell in love with the roasted Bali peanuts (you just can't get this stuff in the states) during my stay.

Another example, I mentioned to Cahyadi that I didn't like the soda water or beer in our mini fridge and told him I like drinking the canned lipton iced tea. Upon the next day and going forward until we left, the housekeeping only stock our fridge with soda and iced tea.

We had an incident where my wife lost her windbreaker jacket one night we went out for dinner and didn't realized that we had lost it until the last day before we left. When I called Cahyadi to see if we had left it in the villa car, he mentioned that there was nothing in the car. We decided to call it off since the jacket was not too expensive and were going to buy a replacement when we got back to the US. One and half hour later, the door bell rang on the front door of the villa and Cahyadi was there with my wife's jacket. Apparently, he recorded all the restaurants that we had made dinner reservations at for the past 4 nights and had called each of them asking about the jacket. Now that is service in my opinion!!!

I am looking forward to come back to Ametis with friends next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigdaddyNewYork
Reviewed May 20, 2012

As usual, I was planning my partner's birthday and Bali has been our favorite destination to unwind and recharge. Found out about Ametis from Tripadvisor and decided to give it ago. Pre-arrival communication was smooth. I was assigned a butler to arrange everything for the birthday celebration; 2.5 hrs spa after our arrival and then followed by a surprised BBQ party for the both of us.

What we love is that everything that was arranged surpassed our expectation! Spa was great, just what we needed after our flight and the surprised BBQ was elegantly done; candles all around the villa, flower arrangement floating on the pool, a table adorned with rose petals along with our own private chef and our butler Pasek.

Another point that I'd like to bring about Ametis is that, the resort was formerly designed for private residences, which explained the entire layout of the villa, the size of the pool (the biggest we've been), the full kitchen area, and the guest's restroom. In a way, you will feel like you're in your own home rather than a resort.

Bedroom: Contemporary luxury; elevated bed adorned with various batik as headboard. Spacious sitting area and also very functional working area.
Bathroom: Spacious, with his and hers sink and deep bath tub and also shower area.

Tips: Arrange a picnic by the beach and also use the bicycle to explore canggu area.

One word: Heavenly

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank voyageur1980
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Ametis was just superb.. the most amazing accomodation and service. I cannot recommend it highly enough, words just do'nt do it justice. We loved it so much we're going back only six short months later. We also recommended Ametis to some friends who are there right now. Each Vila is issued with your own private butler that takes care of your every need. We had the lovely Intan look after us and she was just amazing. Can't wait to get back there. Our daughter has food allergies and they were happy to adjust their delicious menus to accommodate her needs.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel T
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I booked this trip via Wilderness Associates in Singapore. From the booking till the departure of the trip, everything was great. Aikko and Butler, Pasek, emailed to us before the trip to check on our needs/wants. Upon arriving at the villa, Pasek greeted us and walked us to our villa where we were served with our welcome drinks. My husband tried out the drink and realised there was alcohol inside and feedback to Pasek that I do not take drinks with alcohol. He immediately use the cordless phone to dial over to the kitchen to prepare a non alcoholic strawberry drink for me. He also offered my husband to drink the extra glass that was prepared for me since it was already there. The villa is huge, it is the size of a Singapore executive HDB unit. We had a pool that is bigger than some of the private condos in Singapore. Since I am a non-swimmer, our requested floats were also ready for us at the pool side. The living room and kitchen area is amazing, so big and comfortable. Its a pity we did not manage to cook but looking at the cutlery is good enough. The sofa is comfortable. The only down point is that the weather is so hot, even with the fan on, we are sweating while watching a movie. We ended up taking a dip in the pool and continued our movie watching from there. The sound system is good but the controller was a bit hard to press as you need to face it the sensor before you can click on the buttons. The room was a bit in a Japanese style, low bed level but very nice and comfy. The mini bar was great, with drinks and snacks. The toilet is is lovely with huge bathtub, shower area with rain shower and individual sinks for both of us. However, the doors were a bit heavy as we need to use strength to open and close each time. Though they have a 24/7 service to Seminyak area, I hope they can further expand it to other areas such as Kuta, Nusa Dua, need not to be very regularly but maybe three times per day a trip out to such areas. Else we need to top up about USD10-40 for the fare difference and I think it is a bit pricey. Initially we had a hard time searching for the power point to charge our phone/battery and realised that there is only one power point in the living room area and had to bend down to access it. The room also has one but is near the light switches which was hidden by the drawer. The spa was good, we enjoyed the one hour massage and the therapists were very professional and friendly. Breakfast was enjoyable as they offer Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc sets, many different choices. Do check on language difference because I was requesting for grapefruit but was served grapes with seeds. Then they did not have grapefruit so they served us with passionfruit. Butler service was good, as we were out climbing the Mount Batur and to Ubud rice padi field from 2am till late afternoon, our shoes are dirty already. I used the complimentary cell phone to ring Pasek up to ask him to bring our slippers to the Seminyak area for us. So that we could change into our clean slippers before going for our spa treatment at Nusa Dua. Pasek gave us morning call in the morning and will normally be standing outside of our villa door waiting for us to come out to show us to the lobby for breakfast. Having said so, I think paying SGD500 per night, which is like our Capella Sentosa standard, such a service standard is a must but one must not take it for granted.

Room Tip: Emerald room is nice, Imperial villa.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple