“Gooooooo Junno!”

Ranked #71 of 123 Canggu B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Gooooooo Junno!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Set against striking rice fields located behind the property, Junno Villa has found a unique way to combine modern day luxuries whilst retaining a more traditional Balinese charm.

We stayed in one of the 'villas', which was more like a room really, but luckily for us we were the only guests at that time (off season), so we really had the whole place to ourselves!

The staff were excellent, and one thing that stuck with me was during a field trip I slipped into a rice paddy and totally soaked my right shoe. When I asked the staff member for a bucket of water he insisted on cleaning them for me. I of course took up his kind offer and he did a great job, as did all the staff with all our little requests.

The location is a little remote, but all the Canggu taxi drivers know it, and the staff give you a little map and a mobile phone in case you get lost or need anything.

Also, the road leading to the villa is in a bad state, and as we bumped along it, each driver said the same thing: 'massage'... if you can handle that, this place is a breeze.

The room we stayed in was lovely and clean, with mosquito nets around the bed (I saw a few, mozzies, not many) and a private outdoor shower.

The indoor bath was dated and in my opinion not very inviting.

There's not much food on site, but the staff make a complimentary 'breakfast' to see you through - toast with pineapple jam (!), kopi bali (Balinese coffee), juice, and a fruit platter consisting of papaya, watermelon and honeydew. Not substantial, but something nonetheless.

They recommend if you want to have some eggs cooked etc, give the staff some money and they'll get the ingredients and do it for you. We never did it but would have if we didn't have other things to do.

The toughest thing about this great spot was relaxing in the pool etc while earnest farmers were doubled over tending to their rice crop. Hard work for those guys I tells ya.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Perth
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place is great if you want to relax and unwind in vertual isolation, the house keeper keeps everything clean and tidy and is a credit to the Villa. The bumpy narrow lane is not very good and very off putting. Quite hard to find and miles away from the beach. A shuttle is provided as nothing is in walking distance. I tried to walk but got my feet wet both times. Breakfast was very basic, had to buy the eggs our self or go with toast only.

Room Tip: All the villas are nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This villa is great value in our Bali trip! This villa locate in a quite place and very beautiful garden which we enjoy it. Thanks very much for the excellent service provided by the manager and staffs! Helps a lot to arrange our activity in Bali! Remember book their massage 2hours before required because their own staff is much better but need time to come.
We will back this villa next time!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Youyou43
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is what I read on the website:
Villa Juno has been sold and is no longer accepting bookings
Villa Juno has been sold and is no longer accepting bookings

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jahoeman
NagisaBali, Manager at The Junno Villa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello, just for your information, recently our New Owner form Indonesian have bought the property and decided to rent the villa under name of THE JUNNO VILLA.
Our company PT. NAGISA BALI is the sole agency of management and marketing of Villa Junno.
So just to confirm, this villa is still on for renting business.
If you interested, please do contact us at info@nagisa-bali.com and we will respond your inquiries soon.

Lina
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Everything at Villa Juno was perfect - the view, the peace, the breakfast and afternoon tea and of course the service. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Firstly sorry it has taken so long to write! We came here for our friends wedding in Bali back in September. The day we travelled here I had really bad sickness from travelling from the Gili Islands, After a hideous car journey which must have been about 5 hours we finally got here early evening.

We were greeted as soon as we arrived and shown our amazing villa room. Unfortunately all I wanted to do was to curl up in bed. Mahita was wonderful bringing me peppermint tea and looking after me, she just knew how to make me feel better! Unfortunately this was the night I was supposed to be going on the hen do but I felt so awful I didn't make it. The next day I had a walk around and realised how beautiful the place was, my fiancee spent the day with the groom so I stayed around the villa, relaxing by the pool and resting. Mahita was so attentive bringing me cold water and frozen melon and the cat that she owns was very cute and was nice to have around.

In the evening she ordered me dinner and I really can't say how brilliant she was. The place is immaculate and she is very knowledgable, we were looking for somewhere to get our wedding favours from and she suggested a brilliant place where we managed to get what we wanted at a great price! At the end of the trip I was actually quite sad to say goodbye and it was almost like saying goodbye to an old friend! One night there was a problem with the water and she even let us go and use her bathroom to have a shower.

The place was just so beautiful in typical balinese design and we got lots of lovely photos. We would definately come back, thanks Mahita for making us feel so welcome! The only slightly one negative thing was that the bed seemed damp but I guess with the humidity there is not that much that can be done about this. Overall we loved the place!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
JunoBali, Owner at The Junno Villa, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you so much, maxineboo, for taking the time to post such a detailed review. Thank you too, for you kind words. I am so sorry about the damp; had I known at the time, I may have been able to do something about it. Unfortunatley the villa was full so changing rooms was not an option at the time but we could have looked at options for your comfort.

Regarding the damp bed, we found out recently that it was caused by unseasonal rain. When we get very heavy rain for several days in a row, it can affect the walls and that in turn, affects the bedding which are placed against the wall. We noticed a damp spot last month in that room, just above the bed. We checked it and as soon as we had a few days of sunshine, we fixed the waterproofing on the wall and the roof gutter. The damp is no longer an issue; the bedding is as soft and dry as they should be. Thankfully, this is not a problem with other rooms due to the orientation of the buildings.

Thank you again for your comments and for your understanding and patience with the bedding. I sincerely hope to welcome you both back to Villa Juno.

Kind regards
Mahita
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Mahita has created a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of busy Bali. The approach and exterior give no idea of the beauty and tranquillity to be found inside, more importantly the friendliness and help of all the staff. The rooms are lovely with outdoor showers, which sounds kind of weird to us English, but which are wonderfully liberating. I could spend the rest of my days lounging by the pool watching the Balinese lady try to scare the birds of her rice fields.

Room Tip: I don't think you need worry