“Perfect spot for privacy, rest and relaxation”

Villa Bali Kubu Rama
Ranked #223 of 275 Specialty Lodging in Canggu
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Perfect spot for privacy, rest and relaxation”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I was travelling on my own for the first time and this being my first time in Bali, was a little anxious until I met the wonderful staff at Bali Kubu Rama, I was shown to my gorgeous 1 bd villa with private pool, shown how to operate all facilities and introduced to the staff. Over the 3 days I was there they kindly took me (on the back of the scooter) to a local horse riding place and arranged yoga (10 min drive away in Canggu, only 70,000RP class!), taxis to Seminyak (20 min drive, 60,000RP), driver for my next location and massages all with a big smile and lots of local insight. Having 24hr security was fantastic and gave me real peace of mind and I enjoyed the option of cooking or ordering in from the local cafe. I loved staying here and if you value privacy and a stunning location with a superb beach only 3 mins walk away, I thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank MissyD000

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Maroochydore
Reviewed October 1, 2009

counldn't resist trip back. I can only think of good things to say it was great if not better 2 nd time round. I read the poor review and wonder if the people were even at the same villas. Did they even go inside from the photo of the building oppoiste it would appear not. That house now is finished and is simiply amazing. Bumpy roads, rice paddies, smiling faces, and things different to home are what going to Bali is about. Accommomadation everything I needed and more :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
New Zealand
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Because of the airport siege in Thailand , we booked this place the day before we arrived. One look told us it was not for us and we immediately called a taxi without bothering to unpack. We had paid in full , but even a part refund was refused.This compares poorly with the Thai place we had booked previously , they were happy to give us back our deposit.The access to the villa is a very rough track rather than a road, it is surrounded by building sites, the odour of cows and bonfire was wafting over the pool.The pool itself looked very murky and uninviting.The staff , however , were very polite and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jones85

Travelers are raving about these Canggu hotels

Coffs Harbour
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Four couples stayed here for a week and it was fantastic. The staff are great and very helpful. The villas are sensational. Spotless. Great service every day. Perfect for a large group. We loved Echo beach. If your coming to bali have a week somewhere else to do all your shopping and then come here to relax. We will be back. If you would like any more info please feel free to email me a cccshaun@yahoo.com.au.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Sydney
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We travelled with 5 adult couples & 5 todder boys so we took two 4 bedrrom villas next to each other. All our accommodation expectations were met, the villa rooms & surrounding areas actually do look like the website pics.. bedrooms were spacious & well air conditioned, bathrooms were lovely, seperate dining/ living pavillions were well equipped with all we needed.. microwave, hot/cold filtered water, pots/pans etc. The staff were great with all our requests, they were happy to do our shopping for our staple supplies, cleaners would keep the villas immaculate & were very discreet.
The pools are lovely & have a great little shallow bit for the little kiddies, but you do need to supervise them (we got some local nannies for extra pairs of hands which was dirt cheap & a god send!!). Little touches like having Frangipani trees planted by the pools meant we had a beautiful spray of Frangipani flowers scattered over the pool water through the day & little fishies in the entrance walk ways.. lovely!!
Also had the massage ladies (recommended by the Villa) come everyday - they were SO wonderful & SO cheap!! I recommend doing at least one chef catered dinner during your stay - they will come & effortlessly make a beautiful buffet of balinese (or food of your choice) in the dining room pavillion & again, so cheap!
The beach & it's lovely cafes are just a few metres away & we would often order a delivery if we were too lazy to leave the pool at lunch time.. but we would never miss the sunsets from The Beach Cafe in the evenings - the seafood BBQs are amazing! The guys in our group were pretty impressed with the surfing & golfing (a Greg Norman designed Golf Course nearby) & some excellent Yoga clasess in a nearby resort.
Transfers to & from the airport meant we didn't have to worry about lots of luggage & surfboards etc, it was all so easy.
Couldn't really fault this holiday - it was my first experience in 'Villa' style accommodation and it didn't disappoint (particularly on value for money) - so pleased that I don't have to do any more reserch as I will keep going back to the same place now.. my little 3 yr old boy is still taliking about it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Starlight4
Sydney
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We had stayed in a beautiful villa elsehere in Canggu,Bali for 6 nights and unfortunately had to check in to this villa for our last night and agreed late check out the next day.The villa at first appeared to be fine, but on closer inspection lacked the personal touches we had been given elsewhere.There was no soap, hardly any toilet paper and no tea/coffee satchets.The windows in the bathroom had no blinds and people could look in from the street.When we wanted to ask a question about the TV, the manager at the front desk had disappeared for the afternoon and did not return that day.
On the last day, when out shopping, the manager called and told us that they were moving us to a 1 bed villa until our flight.As there were 5 of us ( mother in law included), we didn't want this, but they came and packed up our things while we were out and moved us to a tiny, smelly villa.They had threatened to put our things out on the street if we did not move villas. We had planned the late check for a rest before the flight home, but this was not possible in this tiny, dirty villa.To make matters worse, we heard the English female owner yelling at the manager at the desk. We could hear everything she said through the thin walls.The whole place had a very unpleasant feeling about it of neglect and mismanagement. I could never recommend this place to anyone else. Beware!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank loveholidaysSydney
buderim
Reviewed April 3, 2009

we had the dis-pleasure of staying in the one bed villa on the 25/26 march 2009.our room was filthy,mould was everwhere in the bathroom,so much so that you could smell it.all the kitchen utensils weren't washed properly.I cleaned the aircond filters as abad smell was coming out of them.we could hear the staff talking the whole time as the front office backs onto the villa.Its not private at all.the beach down the road is beautiful .

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple