Kadaloram Beach Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kovalam
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Ganesh House Homestay(Kovalam)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed there for 4 days during dec 2007. The rooms were small but clean and maintained. Beds were shakky and I wished they have spent some good details in getting good quality beds.

Food was availabel in variety and tastes OK as well. Overall a calm and relaxed place. Good for those who want to spend time in some quite place.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NavalKS
Reviewed July 9, 2009

Having been to Goa several times, everyone kept telling us we would love Kerala. Would have to say love is not how I would describe how I feel about this place. It was okay but give me Goa any day. The Kadaloram Beach was not 3* - maybe a 2+ but the rooms are very small, the breakfasts very samey, the food bland and lacked atmosphere in the restaurant which made it very uninviting. we only ordered once from there and ate in our room. Food in general was disappointing in the resort and beach was a big let down. However, the pool was ok and nice and quiet and the staff were okay too but the manager organised a trip for us to the Backwater and Kochi, which was disasterous and so try not to book with him or insist on staying at hotels that you like to look of.

On the whole, our stay was very disappointing and I will not be going back.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleALuton
Reviewed September 12, 2008

A good place to be based from to explore Kerala. My wife teaches Yoga in the UK and the hotel manager arranged a master class for her with a local teacher. He also arraged a 3 day backwaters trip on a houseboat and booked us a Taxi to "show us the real india" rather than what the tour company thought we should see.

there are lots of local restaurants to visit and i suggest you try coconut grove on lighthouse beach (10 mins by tuk tuk).

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2008

This hotel is more of a budget option than the other hotels in the area. It is walking distance from the beach and local shops and restaurants. The hotel has a decent pool with sun loungers and hammocks surrounding it.

Our room was small but modern, comfortable and clean and we had a balcony with a great view of the sea.

The hotel has an Ayurvedic centre and restaurant on site. We booked treatments at the Ayurvedic centre but these were cancelled 5 minutes before they were due to start owing to the female masseuse being ill, they had little flexibility in offering other appointments so we went to a nearby hotel instead. The breakfast was of varying standard but adequate. We ate in the restaurant on the first night but found it to be a very disappointing experience, of the 6 dishes we chose from the menu only two were available, furthermore the starters arrived ten minutes apart and the first main course arrived 15 minutes before the rest.

This is a good hotel if you are looking for something budget in the Kovalum area but you should be prepared to fend for yourself when it comes to arranging activities or traveling to nearby beaches and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We spent a wonderful 2 weeks at The Marari Beach Resort in Alleppey - sheer heaven. However, due to the 4 hour plus transfer from the airport and the scheduled 0400 pickup, decided to spend our last night at the Kadaloram, Kovalam as recommend by our rep. It was absolutely appalling. Our room was very smelly, the fridge had mouldy food stuck to the bottom, all the light switches were so greasy and dirty they smeared when you touched them, the ceiling fan was similarly greasy and caked in dirt, the basin was hanging off the wall and was filthy inside and out, the toilet and seat were dirty, someone had at some point had a go at cleaning the tiles in the shower area, but couldn't reach the top and had left great dirty smears, but the crowning glory was our bed, which was 2 single beds pushed together. When I pulled my sheets back (it was now past midnight), my bed had obviously been slept in, the sheets and pillowcase were soiled. In view of the time I put a beach towel I had with me on the bed and tried not to think of the previous occupant. Obviously sleep eluded me. After a while I realised my back was wet. To cut a very long story short, I was lying on a urine soaked mattress! (We subsequently found the room had been vacated that morning by a girl in her 20s and a man in his 40s. YUK.) Whole complex was very shabby but most of all FILTHY.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple